One cannot simply understand what changes travelling brings within an individual by staying in their comfort zone. Sometimes you need to take the giant step to come out of your bubble to go into the unknown. The beginning is the half done, we all know.
Let other places enlighten you, feel the energy and understand life while you tread across different places the world has to provide. Go beyond your limits and live life with no regrets. Just to get the inspiration you are lacking to travel, here is our 60 Wanderlust quotes cued up for you.
1. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” - Helen Keller
Rightly quoted by Helen Keller, life is monotonous without adventure.
2. “Travel and change of place impart new vigour to the mind.” - Seneca
One must always try something new and exhilarating, different from their boring routine. A lifestyle change is always good as a rest, and this quote from our Wanderlust quotes is saying that only.
3. “Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” - Miriam Beard
Catching the sight of the New York City lights, or the leaning tower of Pisa is cool, but how did it make you feel? This quote from our list of quotes about wanderlust explains that travelling is much more intensive than just a glimpse of the live picture.
4. “Where you come from does matter, but not nearly as much as where you are headed.” - Jodi Picoult
Rightly quoted, one’s future matters the most rather than one’s past. Start today to explore places if you haven’t before.
5. “You need not even listen, just wait…the world will offer itself freely to you, unmasking itself.” - Franz Kafka
The world has every corner of itself to be explored, some masked and some unmasked. Explore the unmasked and wait for the world to unravel its beauty.
6. “Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.” - Anatole France
In this time where most of our connections are through technology, travelling is the ideal way of connecting to our homeland, where we are born and belong, the world. This quote from our Wanderlust quotes list voices the necessity of re-establishing the original harmony.
7. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” - Dalai Lama
New places are a remedy to one’s boring life, and also makes us more intentional. Keeping this quote in your mind from our list of quotes about Wanderlust, pack your things and go somewhere you’ve never been before.
8. “I dislike feeling at home when I am abroad.” - George Bernard Shaw
Home is where the heart is, and every place which this world provides us surely takes away one’s heart. Get out of your comfort zone and go to places and challenge yourself.
9. “A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.” - John A. Shedd
This quote is quite self-explanatory. You are not meant to stay at the same place throughout your life, but to explore far and beyond and unfold the secrets that lie within.
10. “Live life with no excuses travel with no regret.” - Oscar Wilde
Travelling can never leave you with regrets. Every place has to provide something new.
11. “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” - John Steinbeck
Trips, no matter what, always sweeps one off their feet. One gets caught up in the excitement of travelling and wandering places, whether small or big.
12. “Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.” - Henry David Thoreau
Exploring goes hand in hand with being lost. Until you’re lost in the moment and the surrounding, you won’t feel the energy the new place is providing, which is also unravelling your unexplored boundaries.
13. “There is something about the momentum of travel that makes you want to keep moving, to never stop.” - Bill Bryson
Whether you are in a group or alone, never stop travelling. The force that travelling awakens within you makes you want not to stop at any instance in your life. Never stop in your life and keep this quote in your mind from our list of Wanderlust quotes.
14. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet” - Rachel Wolchin
Pretty intelligible is this quote from our quotes about Wanderlust list. We are given chances to keep moving and so we should.
15. “Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of the experience.” - Francis Bacon
One thing about travelling is that it can both educate you and make you nostalgic. Starting a new journey teaches you things. And if you’ve done several journeys, it will remind you of the things you’ve forgotten.
16. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfilment.” - Hilaire Belloc
Whether you want yourself to get distracted from your daily burdens or you want to be fulfilled with new experiences, or both, you should never stop exploring.
17. “I wandered everywhere, through cities and countries wide. And everywhere I went, the world was on my side.” - Roman Payne
This quote from our quotes about Wanderlust list should make you quite comfortable. The world can be a scary place but we can also come across the beauty of it through travelling. Reach out to people you have never met before, talk to them, make friends...what can be better than that?
18. “Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life – and travel – leaves marks on you. Most of the time, those marks – on your body or your heart – are beautiful. Often, though, they hurt”. - Anthony Bourdain
Travelling brings out lots of emotions from within us, but we grow through them. The beautiful traces of travelling will change you for sure, helping you to grow into a better and experienced person.
19. “There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, there is a rapture on the lonely shore. There is society, where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar. I love not man the less, but nature more.” - Lord Byron
This quote says that installing harmony with nature from time to time is a good thing. One needs to love nature because it is where we truly belong. Appreciate the beauty and peace which it provides.
20. “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, To gain all while you give, To roam the roads of lands remote: To travel is to live.” - Hans Christian Andersen
Whatever you’re chasing, travel can provide it. It shows us everything we’re looking for, which at the end of the day, is what makes us all human.
21. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” - Mary Anne Radmacher
Surely a new place has an impact on you. It changes you inside and outside, and this poetic quote from our quotes about Wanderlust list says the same.
22. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” - Chief Seattle
Make the most of everything you do, wherever you go. Make memories and take them, that’s the only thing that lives with people forever. Perceive the things around you, and when it’ll be all said and done, leave behind the tails you’ve walked.
23. “As you move outside of your comfort zone, what was once the unknown and frightening becomes your new normal.” - Robin S. Sharma
Life is not about living in comfort zones but leaving the comfort zones. The world is a scary place, but there is so much to explore. Even those scary corners hold endless beauty. Let the frightening become your new normal.
24. “The traveller sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see.” - G.K. Chesterton
People tour to see the beauty of certain things, but have you ever thought to cross the boundaries of those certain things and explore what’s beyond it? It’s your own choice, to be the traveller or the tourist. But always try to experience something beyond the boundaries, and see what the journey has to offer to you.
25. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” - Andre Gide.
This inspiring quote tells us that it’s time to break the shell and move ashore. You can be storm-tossed at first, but it’s only the process to make you a better sailor.
26. “Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.” - Paulo Coelho
Quote from our quotes about Wanderlust list by one of the famous writers, the first step which one takes to travel is always difficult. There are consequences and conditions. But all one needs is the courage to grow through the barriers. One needs to dive to go deeper.
27. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” - Mark Twain
Travelling bares one to different people, cultures, and perspectives. Meet people and get to know them, how things work on the other parts. Through travelling, we can step closer to where we belong, to kindness, open-mindedness and remove all the borders which are mindlessly created.
28. “One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” - Henry Miller
As you keep exploring, you get to open your eyes to new horizons. New perspectives, opinions and experiences, travelling has lots to give. You develop as a person while you wander and travel through the busiest roads or the quiet shores.
29. “Life is short and the world is wide.” - Simon Raven
No need for explanation, this quote from our list of quotes about Wanderlust has said all and enough.
30. “Travel only with thy equals or thy betters; if there are none, travel alone.” - The Dhammapada
Don’t let your companies ruin your big trip plans. Never mind if your plans with your friends or families never end up happening, just go ahead and trace your path.
31.”Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures.” - Lovelle Drachman
Being curious is one of the most crucial things while you plan to set out for travelling. Be curious and find out the answers. Enjoy your life to the fullest.
32. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharlal Nehru
Another beautiful quote from our quotes about wanderlust list which surely will make you want to explore the beauties that the world holds.
33. “A wise man travels to discover himself.” - James Russell Lowell
Man or woman, we must say, travelling helps us to discover our true selves.
34. “Travelling tends to magnify all human emotions.” - Peter Hoeg
New things and places undoubtedly magnify all human emotions. You feel lost or connected while you turn the pages of your best times when you were out there exploring and enjoying, and surely this quote from our Wanderlust quotes list is taking you through emotions right now.
35. “Our Nature lies in movement; complete calm is death.” - Pascal, Pensées
We wouldn’t have been blessed with feet if we were meant to stay at the same place. Don’t let yourself be trapped inside the four walls. Don’t let your years die without any excitement.
36. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveller only who is foreign.” - Robert Louis Stevenson
The whole world is our native. There is nothing foreign in it. Might be for us, but it’s one exploration away to get to know your native.
37. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” - Gustave Flaubert
We are a tiny part of this world, and you keep realising it more and more as you keep travelling throughout.
38. “Once the travel bug bites, there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.” - Michael Palin.
Good bugs exist in the world, whose bite affects you in a good way. Travelling is one of those bugs. Once you start travelling, there are no stop signs which you’ll see.
39. “We travel for romance, we travel for architecture, and we travel to be lost.” - Ray Bradbury
Individuals have their reasons, but whatever they are, the most important thing is to explore and enjoy which the journey provides.
40. “We must not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we began and to know the place for the first time.” - T. S. Eliot
After a long trip, when you come back home and rest your head on the familiar pillow, you’ll find yourself somewhere new. That’s the effect exploration has on you. And you’ll realise it’s quite adventurous.
41. “Adventure is worthwhile.” - Amelia Earhart
Does this quote from our Wanderlust quotes list needs any more explanation?
42. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” - Saint Augustine
The first page of a good book decides the rest of it. And holding a book means to keep on sailing with the turning pages. The world beholds different stories and characters, and it’s just pages away to discover them. Don’t settle down with just one place, keep exploring.
43. “I am not born for one corner; the whole world is my native land.” - Seneca
One should have that determination to explore most of their’s native. After all, we aren’t meant to just live in a tiny place.
44. “A good traveller has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” - Lao Tzu
Unless you’re a tourist, you’d want to keep travelling and exploring every nook and corner, whether it is on your list or not. Travelling means breaking the list and go beyond, and never coming to a stop permanently. Hope this quote from our list of Wanderlust quotes will inspire you to be a good traveller.
45. “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” - Lin Yutang
Beautiful is the feeling like the beautiful words of this quote from our Wanderlust quotes list when you return home after travelling. You have tons of memories to dream about yet they have once been a reality, your space changes and you grow much experienced.
46. “It is better to travel well than to arrive.” - Buddha
Whether it’s the journey or the destination you’re headed to, both are equally important. But don’t settle for a single thing.
47. “Travel is an investment in yourself.” - The Cultureur
This quote from our list of quotes about wanderlust is very true. Whether you want to explore or want to slip away from the burden of your life and just relax travelling changes and nurtures you. In every step. You will always find yourself ending up in a better place.
48. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” - Aldous Huxley
People do make judgements while they are just sitting in their cubicle even if they haven’t even moved out from there for years. Don’t let your judgements get clouded by someone else’s. You are free to make judgements after exploring by yourself. You never know, the place others hate, you may end up liking it.
49. “To me, travel is more valuable than any stupid piece of bling money can buy.” - Raquel Cepeda
Everyone has their treasured things, different from other individuals. But the ones who have travelling as more valuable than any other mere possession, trust me they’ve grown through much. And self-development through travelling easily outweighs a mere possession. Hope this Wanderlust quotes list will make your self-development the greatest possession you have.
50. “The first condition of understanding a foreign country is to smell it.” - Rudyard Kipling
You can’t understand something unless and until you see through it, feel the energy that it radiates. Whichever place you go, first try to feel the energy of that place. Understand it with your heart, then only you can mix up with your surrounding.
51. “I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.” - Oscar Wilde
Diary can be one of the best partners while you explore different places. Keeping a note on how far have you come, roads or self, you’ll get to see where you are at. Believe you’re inspired to pick a diary as your company reading this quote from our Wanderlust quotes list.
52. “I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on earth. Then I ask myself the same question.” - Harun Yahya
Again to be said, we’re not meant to stay ar one place. The world is ours to explore and so must we do it.
53. “Embrace the detours.” - Kevin Charbonneau
Good things take time. If you want to explore, go for it. You never know what good it’ll bring to you. Be optimistic and try new things at every step.
54. “Everything I was I carry with me, everything I will be lies waiting on the road ahead.” - Ma Jian
Pretty self-explanatory, this great quote from our quotes about wanderlust list should make you pack your bags and take steps closer to self-developments and adventures.
55. “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” - Mohammed
The experience you gain and the self-development you go through while travelling is completely different from the education you gain from schools and universities. You can’t know what’s happening out there in the world from those mere pages of thick books, but only can if you walk with your feet, exploring nook and corners.
56. “I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within.” - Lillian Smith
There is always vast to explore and unfold even when you think you’ve reached the end and can go and explore nowhere new. The world has much to offer for you to take it all.
57. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” - Beverly Sills
Life is a process of facing difficulties, then finally getting the sweet fruit. And the difficulties only make you strong. There’s nothing to lose absolutely. All is there to gain. Get motivated to chase those difficulties by reading our Wanderlust quotes.
58. “Nothing lasts forever, except the day before you start your vacation.” – Gayland Anderson
It’s funny how the time doesn’t leave your side before the day of your vacation when you are too much excited to grab your bags and just head out to start the journey.
59. “Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” - Ray Bradbury
All this quote from our Wanderlust quotes list wants to say that live your life to the fullest, with no regrets and with every dream fulfilled.
60. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” - Anita Desai
It doesn’t need to be particularly your place for the good memories to born. Wherever you feel your heart beats at full excitement, you become the part of that surrounding. It’s funny and magical. You won’t even realise how the new places shaped you.
The long list full of inspiration to travel and adventure ends here. Hope the wanderlust within you have already come out by reading our Wanderlust quotes. The world is full of places. Just travel and explore whenever you get time to slip out from your daily life.
Explore, know and enlighten yourself with the new places. If any of these Wanderlust quotes have inspired you into action, it reflects how mighty words can be.
- 30 Quotes About Summer That Spark Wanderlust And Happiness Of Season
- 45 Motorcycle Riding Quotes For Free Riders and Machine Lovers
- 30 Badass Quotes For Girls That Are Brutally Honest, Bitchy And Sassy
- 30 Quotes On Freedom and Liberty To Pump Up For Living Life Your Way
- 40 Holiday and Vacation Quotes That Capture The Warmth of The Season
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events