When I say summer, what are the things that come to your mind? It is the season of sunshine and tan lines, and starry night sky and sips of crisp wine. Lazy afternoons, picnic with your family and friends, slipping away for a vacation….all the splendid things one can want happen in the summertime.
It’s no wonder why people associate summer with elation and being nonchalant. No season is finer than summer, with its sultry air sweeping away your hair falling on your face while you are eased up on the sands of a beach, or while you are sitting on that chair in your garden reading a book.
Load your travel bags for a wonderful vacation or your picnic baskets for a zesty picnic with your homies and gear yourself up for a cool and fun-filled summer with our best summer quotes listed below which are bound to spark wanderlust and happiness of this marvellous season.
Rejoice and make your holidays fun by sharing one of these quotes about summer with your family and friends!
1. Let us dance in the sun, wearing wildflowers in our hair… - Susan Polis Schutz
Summer is all about being carefree. So nothing is better than doing your own Hula dance.
2. Friends, sun, sand, and the sea? That sounds like a summer to me. - Unknown
Landing up on the beach with your homies is always exhilarating. Don’t miss making a trip to the sea with your friends in the summer.
3. The summer night was settling upon the neighbourhood like a dark lace veil, casting dappled shadows on the roofs and sidewalks and lawns. - Victoria Kahler
Summer nights are always spectacular, with all the stars twinkling right above your head.
4. Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, going to Disneyland, having fun. - Brian Wilson
As the quote says, bring out the sunshine within you and be perky in the summer, make trips and forget the low-spirited days.
5. Some of the best memories are made in flip flops. - Kellie Elmore
Walking on the side of the road or the beach wearing your flip flops gives the unexcelled feeling in summers as you feel yourself dancing internally.
6. And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer. - F. Scott Fitzgerald
As summer succeeds the winter, the grey world starts to get vibrant, with sunshine all around, bringing out nature at its best colours. And so do human beings try to forget the harsh things of the past, and start life all over again with a novel vigour.
7. One must maintain a little bit of summer, even in the middle of winter. - Henry David Thoreau
Quotes about summer also reflect upon life. As the summer escorts warmth and delectation with it, have the same spirit within you always even in your dire days.
8. It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside. - Maud Hart Lovelace
Summer is enhanced with the smell and beauty of glittering sunshine, which disperses everywhere, making everything beautiful with its touch.
9. In summer, the song sings itself. - William Carlos Williams
The summer season has the power to turn songs into a happy, triumphant and reflective piece that transpires from the core of the heart.
10. It’s always summer somewhere. - Lilly Pulitzer
It’s no perplexing to understand this summer quote. Whether it is the heart of the Earth, there’s always that warmth existing in some part.
11. It is easy to forget now, how effervescent and free we all felt that summer. - Anna Godberson
As new summer comes every year, there is always a yearning that the current one would be better than the rest of the summers spent in one's life. And once it is, no matter how vivid the past summers were, the current one would be the best summer of your life to date.
12. Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me, those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language. - Henry James Getemoji
Cool afternoon summer breeze and the lazy day are all ever wanted by a person.
13. A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in. - Robert Orben
As the quote elucidates, we go for a vacation to slip away from our workloads which stresses us but move several steps closer to the fun of travelling and exploring which excites us.
14. Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.’’ - Sam Keen
Summer equals being lazy, and no other season approves laziness more than summer. If you are lying down on the beach soaking the sun, with no intentions of getting up, this is one of the best summer quotes to define you!
15. It’s summer and time for wandering… - Kellie Elmore
Summer encourages the wanderlust within you to pack the travel bags and set-off for a vacation, big or small. Take the encouragement from these summer quotes.
16. Summer: Hair gets lighter. Skin gets darker. Water gets warmer. Drinks get colder. Music gets louder. Nights get longer. Life gets better. - Unknown
One of the best quotes about summer, it rightly defines the season. Summer life is brighter and better. You embrace the bright sun, open-air, and cool drinks.
17. Watch more sunsets than Netflix. - Unknown
One can always binge-watch Netflix at any hour of a day, but cannot watch the summer-vibrant sunsets whenever it's wanted. Don’t miss sunsets if you have the chance to watch it as every day is a brand new one.
18. Summertime is always the best of what might be. - Charles Bowden
Quotes about summer highlight that it is the best time of the year. As this quote says, summer makes everything around it lively and extricates the best out of it.
19. If you’re not barefoot, then you’re overdressed. - Unknown
Kick-off your footwears in the air and feel the velvety sand or the lush green grass under your feet, and feel the beauty of the season.
20. One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by. - Jeannette Walls
As the days succeed in summers, you won’t find the light of the sun toning down. Instead, it escalates more and more, lighting up the scenery.
21. I drifted into a summer-nap under the hot shade of July, serenaded by a cicadae lullaby, to drowsy-warm dreams of distant thunder. - Terri Guillemets
Cicadas are the insects of the summer. They add to the summer day times with the shrill sound they make using their wings.
22. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. - Jenny Han
Summer means vacations, and vacations mean something miraculous will happen. True the quote says which is by one of my favourite authors, all magical things happen while summer lasts.
23. It’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine … it’s summertime! - Kenny Chesney
What can be more romantic than you and your partner sipping crisp wine under the summer night sky and sharing the intimacy with each other?
24. Rejoice as summer should…chase away sorrows by living. - Melissa Marr
The warmth of the summer chases away the sorrows that the winter brought with it and encourages for a new life.
25. My favourite weather is bird chirping weather. - Terri Guillemets
Summer makes every living creature zesty. You wouldn’t want to miss the beauty of nature which is elevated by the pretty little birds with their lullaby of chirps serenading the summer air.
26. Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer. - Nat King Cole
Being lazy on summer days is all a person can want, just relaxing by going for a vacation somewhere and forgetting the stress of work for a while.
27. When people went on vacation, they shed their home skins, thinking they could be a new person. - Aimee Friedman
As the quote says, it’s natural, that people whenever they go for a vacation somewhere, they always get inspired by the place and the people there, and try to acquire the same vibe and spirits.
28. It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. - Charles Dickens
Sit under a tree on a summer afternoon with a book in your hand, and savour the cool summer breeze while you get lost in the world that the pages hold.
29. Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jump into the sea and let the salty water along with the sunshine and the summer air bathe you like you are made of them.
30. Smell the sea, and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly. - Van Morrison
One can observe, standing on the shore of the sea, that both the sky and the sea has no limits as far as our vision goes. Let your soul and spirit feel the same verve of the sea and sky, to fly and spread far and beyond without any curb.
Now that it has come to an end, I hope our best summer quotes have sparked the wanderlust and happiness of the summer season and now you won’t let the summer season down.
While the summer lasts, grab the arms of your friends and make a plan for a trip to a beach, enjoy playing beach volley and make uncountable memories, or load your picnic baskets with lemonades and sandwiches and book the best picnic spot near your area and have a marvellous time with your family and friends.
Remember, magical things happen only in summer. So what are you waiting for? Put on your flip-flops and hit the road for an exciting summer.
- 15 Bollywood Monsoon Songs That Mark Its Connection With The Rains
- 23 Urdu Shayari On Rain Showing How Monsoon Is Related To Love
- 25 Winter Shayaris That Kindle Romance & Love In You
- 35 Romantic Chand and Raat Shayaris For All The Love Birds
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events