Holidays: The secret anniversaries of the heart, the time of the year where a full river of happiness overflows with happy days clouded up close. Holidays are many things to many people. For some, a holiday's primary function is its religious significance, gathering up with relatives that you haven't seen in a while, renew family bonds, to some holidays act as an opportunity to renew family bonds for them holidays are filled with bliss, others might be suffering for those they miss.
The holidays can bring up so many memories that remind us of that loved one and the hurt we feel in their absence. Meanwhile, people who do not have large families or may not want to get together with them celebrate the holidays with friends. Whether your heart is in good cheer for the holiday season, or maybe it feels the painful reminder of loss and grief.
There's nothing like holiday quotes to capture the essence of the holiday season. After all, holiday quotes encapsulate all the hardest emotions, feelings, and sensations of this enchanting and, yes, intense time of year.
These holiday and vacation quotes will help remind you what your trip is all about and serve as a little more travel inspiration. Also, these vacation quotes will be great for your future travel photo book.
Here is the list that contains 40 holiday and vacation quotes:
1) If I were a medical man, I should prescribe a holiday to any patient who considered his work important. – Bertrand Russell.
There is so much to do and see in the world, which just isn't going to happen from the confines of your work. We all need a break from time to time to relax and unwind and reduce the risk of stress, and believe it or not. This vacation quote tells us that vacation is equally important as that of work.TSo, take a vacation, experience new things, and take a break before you break!
2) The holiday season is a time for storytelling, and whether you are hearing the story of a candelabra staying lit for more than a week, or a baby born in a barn without proper medical supervision, these stories often feature miracles. – Lemony Snicket.
This holiday quote captures the memory of holiday magic when the combination of Mom's homemade plum cake, listening to grandmother's story, and the anticipation building as we got closer and closer to the end of the story.
3) After all, the best part of a holiday is perhaps not so much to be resting yourself, as to see all the other fellows busy working. ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows
This holiday season is difficult for everyone, but especially for the unseen and unsung essential workers, this holiday season lets celebrate them, for they are the ones working tirelessly to keep our society functional.
4) A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.
Holiday quotes hold a special place in our life as they are a way to share the happiness one gets while on a holiday. You are free from all the responsibilities, all the stresses and all the hustle-bustle while on a holiday.
5) Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness. — Anne Frank.
This holiday quote speaks about the Jewish festival of lights where on each of the holiday's eight nights, a candle is added to the menorah after sundown; the ninth candle, called the shamash (helper), is used to light the others.
6) Take a vacation so long, you forget all of your passwords.
Holiday quotes like this have an underlying humour. When we are off work, we tend to forget our passwords and when we are on holiday, we are not just off work but off all our responsibilities. We are lost, until we want to be found again.
7) There should be sympathy cards for having to go back to work after the holidays.
The struggle is real. The mere thought of a holiday coming to end is disaster. How can anyone imagine all those fun filled and free-spirited days will be over?
8) Once a year, go somewhere you've never been before.—The Dalai Lama.
Every vacation trip you take is your little adventure. Visiting somewhere you've never before will allow you to make memories by putting yourself in new experiences.
9) Happiness consists of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation.—Leo Tolstoy.
Always document your trip on your camera; remember to take loads of pictures when on vacation so you can look back on them and the memories of a beautiful vacation alongside family and friends.
10) A holiday isn't a holiday, without plenty of freedom and fun. – Louisa May Alcott
Holiday quotes like this one set out the true meaning of a holiday. Until you have the freedom to do whatever you feel like on a holiday, you will not have all the fun you need. You soul won't be recharged and you will need a true holiday very soon in the future.
11) My favorite place to vacation is anyplace by the ocean. – Nina Arianda
Like many other vacation quotes, this vacation quote tells us that a perfect vacation should be somewhere by the ocean. When I think of an ocean, it reminds me that the calmer seas will wash tough times, and soon challenges will be replaced by a storm of happiness.
12) No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just had one. — Elbert Hubbard
No one really wants to be putting together excel sheets and making PowerPoint presentations, especially after returning from a big holiday and wishing they could be back at the poolside with a coconut drink.
13) Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice.—Dave Barry
Christmas and holiday season are much awaited by one and all. They bring new new energy and change, which makes all of us feel rejuvenated. As the holiday season goes by, we are all set to be back to our daily life.
14) In the old days, it was not called the Holiday Season; the Christians called it 'Christmas' and went to church; the Jews called it 'Hanukkah' and went to synagogue; the atheists went to parties and drank. People passing each other on the street would say 'Merry Christmas!' or 'Happy Hanukkah!' or (to the atheists) 'Look out for the wall! ― Dave Barry.
This holiday quote compiles the essence of a holiday season perfectly! All around the globe, the holiday season is celebrated with geat zeal and enthusiasm.
15) Time well spent results in more money to spend, more money to save, and more time to vacation. — Zig Ziglar
The whole purpose of a holiday is to relax your body and mind. If you are able to achieve this while on a holiday, you are going to achieve everything else.
16) There are three stages of man: he believes in Santa Claus; he does not believe in Santa Claus; he is Santa Claus. – Bob Phillips
This is amazing quote to understand the changes one undergoes in life. There are phases in life and all of them are equally important. Being a child, being an adult and being a parent or guardian are phases of life.
17) Remember, the best presents anyone can give, is being there for their loved ones.
This holiday quote clearly indicates your role in your family. The only way to ensure the house's happiness is by living through a difficult time, being present and active mentally, emotionally, and physically.
18) One of the hurdles of adulthood is when holidays become measuring sticks against which you always fall short. For children, Thanksgiving is about turkey and Christmas is about presents. Growing up, you learn that all holidays are about family and few can win there.
19) Tradition is meant for family, friends and people.Not for phones or Apps.
Our mobile phones are such an intrinsic part of our lives; they are the most ubiquitous accessory. Getting those precious annual leave amidst the workload to go on a holiday is when you get to escape real life. So, put your phone down, socialize with your own family; they are the ones who deserve your time and attention. Try it. Crazy, I know, but it works.
20) When you live gratefully and joyfully every day is a holiday.
This holiday quote tells us to live everyday as a holiday. The holiday season's cheer sometimes makes me wonder why we don't spread that joy all year long?
21) The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been, and all the memories we've made along the way.
Holidays make you realize that your family will always be by your side no matter what happens. When you travel and enjoy with your family, you make memories that nothing in this world can buy. A family holiday is precious!
22) As you grow older, you learn a few things. One of them is to actually take the time you've allotted for vacation.
Vacation quotes like this display the importance of taking time away from the job, and taking a holiday can offer physical and psychological health benefits.
23) Come, woo me, woo me; for now I am in holiday humor and like enough to consent. – William Shakespeare
Only Shakespeare knows what he had to say! Maybe holidays are the best time to woo your lover? And even confess your feelings?
24) It's not about the place we want to visit , it's about with whom we visit.
Other memories may fade, but a well-spent family vacation lasts forever. As already mentioned above, time spent with family is the rarest thing people have today. Cherish and preserve it.
25) A good vacation is over when you begin to yearn for your work.
If you are on a holiday and you are working or thinking about your office, you are ruining your holiday. It is very important to keep your mind unoccupied while on a holiday.
26) I have never believed that vacations are luxuries. They are our necessities–just like shelter, clothes, and food, they make us feel like humans and not like animals that care only for survival. -Alexander Cabinets
This holiday quote sums up the importance of vacation. Like eating healthy and getting exercise, each of us needs a vacation to withdraw from the stress for maintaining a well-balanced and healthy life.
27) When all else fails, take a vacation.
Vacation quotes like this give you a gentle reminder that sometimes you need a break, visit a place, and get away from everything. They motivate you to go for holidays and refresh.
28) I like to compare the holiday season with the way a child listens to a favorite story. The pleasure is in the familiar way the story begins, the anticipation of familiar turns it takes, the familiar moments of suspense, and the familiar climax and ending.
29) Sharing the holiday with other people, and feeling that you're giving of yourself, gets you past all the commercialism. — Caroline Kennedy
Life is too short to avoid vacations with your family and friends. If you don't enjoy enough by going on holidays and vacations, you are sure to regret it in the future.
30) The holidays drape us in magic and give us the hope that we can do better than we have done in the past.
Holiday quotes reflect that taking a break is like charging the battery of our lives. Holidays come with everything we need to forget our worries and hurts, to look ahead towards a brighter future.
31) Neglecting vacation is neglecting success because every success needs an accumulated positive energy! ― Mehmet Murat ildan
This vacation quote stresses the importance of vacation. It doesn't matter where you live, whether your place is coated with glistening fresh white snow falling from the sky or someplace on the west where sand is softly golden with just the right comforting subtle waves of the coast. We can all use a change of scenery this holiday season.
32) There's something about a holiday that isn't all about how much money you spend. – Hilarie Burton.
This is one of my favourite holiday quotes. You don't need to plan a lot or save a lot of money for going on holidays or vacations. You just need to have the motivation to relax and rejuvinate. Everything else will follow!
33) Take a break and chill because this is the time of the year to rejoice, celebrate and also feel rewarded.
This holiday quote tells us the importance of vacation. Everyone needs a break to have a better outlook on life and be more motivated to achieve goals.
34) The holiday season is a perfect time to reflect on our blessings and seek out ways to make life better for those around us.
This holiday quote speaks the truth about the holiday season. It is important to reflect on everything that we are so blessed to have family and friends surrounded by and celebrate this season's joy and hope.
35) Nothing says holidays, like a cheese log. – Ellen DeGeneres
36) It's not about presents but it is about your presence. Therein lies the spirit of the holiday season.
If you think earning money is more important than spending time with your family. I'm sorry. You are very mistaken. Your presence during the holiday season with your family is the most precious and valuable thing in the world; it helps develop positive family values, and children often copy what they see at home. If you're not around, then that's exactly what they will do with their children. So, spend as much time as possible with your family and create a sense of belonging and a safe space that they can trust.
37) For me, I think everybody with half a heart tries to do their best to do their part of good during the holiday season. – Darren Criss
Holidays are a time, which forces you to cheer up even if you you don't feel like. With a half heart, you try to do full justice to the holiday season so that others around you are happy.
38) Here's to books, the cheapest vacation you can buy. — Charlaine Harris.
This holiday quote speaks for many of us. Even if many of us won't or can't leave home for holidays, a book like 'Salty, Bitter, Sweet' by Mayra Cuevas will offer a transportive therapy, a family drama on a cruise ship to the gorgeous description of views are sure to carry you all the way back to beautiful European beaches.
39) A good holiday is one spent among people whose notions of time are vaguer than yours. – J. B. Priestley
If you are a person who doesn't has much of an idea of what holiday is or how to spend a holiday, take along people who are mad about holidays. They will make sure your time is spent well.
40) It isn't how much time you spend somewhere that makes it memorable: it's how you spend the time. – David Brenner
Like most successful people, you will find that your most creative ideas and fresh perspectives emerge from your subconscious when exposed to new environments, cultures, and diversity, and you're likely to navigate responsibilities and challenges with an optimistic mindset.
Vacations often act as a soul restoration process for our mind and body. Spending quality time with your family and friend this holiday season will make you happier and healthier. Quality time with your family in a nice place will relax your mind and body.
Most often, people don't realize how stressful life can be without vacations. Taking vacations once a year is very vital for living a healthy and productive life. Not only does it improve health, but it also improves productivity in work compared to a regular workweek.
So grab your backpack, put your essentials in, think of a place, and head out for a relaxing vacation right away! Whether you're on vacation, looking for the perfect caption for your Instagram post, or Sending your friend off right to their next vacation for a holiday, these holiday and vacation quotes can be used to spread the laughter and joy of this holiday season.
- 60 Forgiveness Quotes That Prove How Big Hearted Person You Are
- 50 Appreciation Quotes To Show Your Gratitude and Thankfulness
- 54 Love Quotes That You Can Send To Your Lover Right Now
- 40 Health Quotes To Value The Greatest Gift and Wealth We Have
- 20 Food Quotes To Express Your Unconditional Love For Food
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events