Do you miss the times when everything was perfect? Whenever you wanted to take a trip, pack your backpack and get set go!
But now, we all are stuck in this pandemic situation. Few places are still under the lockdown phase. All you can do is take a trip inside your house.
The scenic beauty used to capture your heart and left you wonderstruck. The music to make your traveling fun. The variety of food that left your mouth watering. And a lot more bundle of memories to carry back home while traveling.
Traveling gives wings to fly high up and soar amidst the sky and dive into the beauty of the world.
In case you are missing those days when you used to travel and enjoy. Here is a list of short travel quotes that will take you back to the finest of trips that you ever had.
1. "And I think to myself, what a wonderful world."- Louis Armstrong.
Starting with Louis Armstrong's short travel quote, he thinks to himself how beautiful the world is. There is a lot more to see and learn from this scenic place to live.
2. "To Travel is to Live." - Hans Christian Anderson.
The second short travel quote on the list is by Hans Christian Anderson. Traveling is fun. It teaches us those things that we cannot learn in books.
3. "The journey is my home."– Muriel Rukeyser.
Muriel Rukeyser through, this short travel quote, expresses the feelings of a traveler who is always keen to wander.
For an enthusiastic traveler, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a short step. For him, his journey is his home.
4. "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." – Martin Buber.
Often when we travel to unknown places, we have many surprises waiting for us in the backpack. We learn things of which we are unaware. A Bollywood song will fit into this short travel quote by Martin Buber.
The song says, Aao milon chale Jana Kaha na ho pata. It means to let us travel and admire the beauty of the world without bothering about the destinations.
5. "Wherever you go, go with all your heart."- Confucius.
Confucius is the next one in this short travel quote list. Through this quote, he asks us to be happy-heartedly roaming around. When we are cheerful, we tend to enjoy more and capture more memories.
6. "We travel for romance, we travel for architecture, and we travel to be lost." - Ray Bradbury.
Whatever be the reason to travel, learn to explore, seek, enjoy the peace and beauty of the place you visit. Its architecture, its cultures, and a lot more.
7. "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are for." - John A. Shedd.
John Shedd from this short travel quote motivates us to step out of our comfort zone. Pull up our socks, grab the bags, and jet-set wander around the world.
8. "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist." - Oscar Wilde.
People often get scared to take risks and step up to explore. According to this short travel quote, Oscar Wilde says that people have occupied themselves so much in their work that they have forgotten how to live.
They have left behind to live in the moment to enjoy the beauty around them.
9. "The traveler sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see." - G.K. Chesterton.
There may be 100 tourist spots to visit but, if you have come to please yourself with nature's beauty, expand your vision. Roam around find the places that attract your attention.
A good traveler will carry unpredicted memories home, whereas a tourist will find himself lost in the already known tourist places.
10. "A traveler without observation is a bird without wings." - Moslih Eddin Saadi.
When you return home from a good vacation if someone enquires about the famous places you have visited, then you should have an appealing answer for them.
Tell them such stories that they will not find on Google. You can tell them such great stories only if you wander and explore. These stories will encourage them to get off their comfort zone.
11. "Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions." - Peter Hoeg.
The more we travel the, more we acquaint ourselves with the surroundings, with the scenic view, with the people.
Traveling and exploring helps us find ourselves and to analyze how people live in that place. We connect more.
12. "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." – Marcel Proust.
We find new, new places to roam and refresh. We can find joy in exploring more at those places we have been to before. Not new landscapes but a new vision to look at locations will make you a perfect traveler.
13. "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." –Saint Augustine.
People occupy themselves with work and only work. Being a workaholic will not give you enjoyment and peace.
Traveling is that book which we once get interested in reading we will never want it to be away from us, says Saint Augustine through this short travel quote.
14. "A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving." – Lao Tzu.
A person who travels without having a fixed destination in mind tends to explore more and enjoy more.
15. "We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment." - Hilaire Belloc.
Travel enriches new energy and helps us discover ourselves. Yes, it takes us away from our daily schedule. It is a mood changer. This short travel quote enhances new energy to look at life.
16. "There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign." – Robert Louis Stevenson.
Robert Stevenson in, this short travel quote, says that there are no foreign lands for us to explore. We are foreigners for that land. We should connect and find ourselves in a new place to be happy.
17. "I want to make memories all over the world." - Anonymous
When someone addresses someplace, there should be a moment such that we bust out saying, 'Hey, I have been there!' This short travel quote should be at the top of every traveler's bucket list.
18. "So much of who we are is where we have been."- William Langewiesche.
To the places we visit, we carry home many learned things. The places we visit teach us their specialty and mold us into different personalities. A better version of oneself is discoverable.
19. "Wanderlust: a strong desire to wander and explore the world."
A short travel quote like this quote defines wanderlust as a traveler's strong wish to discover a new world. The person is always keen on roaming and learning about unknown whereabouts.
20. "Collect moments. Not things."
We visit a beach, collect seashells way back home as memories. This short travel quote encourages us to collect the precious moments in the store of our memory and not things.
Of course, you can take some souvenirs but the moments you cherish are more priceless.
21. "Live your life by a compass not, a clock." – Stephen Covey.
Stephen Covey wittily conveys to be like a traveler who values time and his desire to admire the world.
22. "Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure." – Irving Wallace.
To live as a free merry bird, we need to cut off all the prisons holding us back. Soar high into the sky and look deep into the beauty of nature.
We can bring this change if we wish to break the chain of daily routine. One exciting adventure will make the path to your endless journey of traveling.
23. "Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller." – Ibn Battuta.
Traveling is a hobby which once developed, will leave you awestruck every time you explore a new place. You can narrate your travel diaries with your loved ones and inspire them to become one, says Ibn Battuta in this short travel quote.
24. "We travel not to escape life but for life not to get away us."
Traveling helps us know other people, and it inspires us from their stories, helping us make our life better.
25. "Travel far enough you meet yourself." – David Mitchell.
Wandering and discovering new places help us find a different person hidden in ourselves, we develop new hobbies. We start liking brand new things, experimenting with our personality slowly, we form a new being.
26. "Half of the fun in traveling is the aesthetic of lostness." – Ray Bradbury.
Travel like you are not in contact with anyone. Say bye, to your social media and office chaos. Switch off the world and welcome yourself to the real world.
Find peace in being lost in exquisite nature. Losing yourself in traveling is discovering a changed person.
27. "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."- Mark Twain.
Mark Twain says traveling is making us aware of other cultures and traditions followed in corners of the world.
If we wish to live in a better place, traveling makes our life undoubtedly a better place to live.
28. "I have not been everywhere, but it is on my list." –Susan Sontag.
Aha! Another brilliant short travel quote by Susan Sontag, expressing the wishlist of every other traveler. A traveler is always ready with his backpack to go hunting new places of interest.
29. "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all" – Helen Keller.
We all must have seen the advertisement for Mountain Dew drink it, which has a tagline 'Naam bante hai risk se,' which means that unless we do not leave our daily routine and go around roaming and climbing, we are never going to enjoy the essence of life.
Take the risk of opting for an adventure.
30. "To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries."- Aldous Huxley.
According to Aldous Huxley, when we explore different countries, we become aware of their culture, traditions, myths, truths, specialties.
We should discover it ourselves what a country is famous for rather than believing in said words.
31. "Life is short and, the world is wide." - Simon Raven.
Invest time n traveling. There are a dozen of places you might have never heard of or visited.
The world spreads its arms in your welcome go and embraces the glory of it, in this short travel quote says, Simon Raven.
32. "People do not take trips. Trips take people." – John Steinbeck.
Once we step out of our comfort zone and start exploring, slowly we get to know ourselves, and who knows, we find a new hobby to pursue, that is traveling. So it is often said trips show the unseen things.
33. "Experience travel – these are as education in themselves." – Euripides.
We need good experience to get a well-paid, good post job. Similarly, traveling unravels the secrets of new opportunities.
Euripides says a person who travels is himself well-versed.
34. "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he dares to lose sight of the shore." – Andre Gide.
At first, you may fall. All of a sudden, we are not going to perform all the adventures perfectly. Everything needs time. The best view comes only after the tremendous climb.
Show the courage to explore new things and learn the things you become good at and enjoy.
35. "Travel is never a matter of money but courage." – Paulo Coelho.
A bad workman always blames his tools. Similarly, a person who does not want to start new journeys will always bring out some excuse to neglect it. If you wish to travel, start your journey, do not worry about money matters. You will get a breakaway.
36. "Once a year, go somewhere you have never been before." –Dalai Lama.
Dalai Lama gives a righteous suggestion through this short travel quote. Once in a year, we should take a break and invest time inspecting places we have never visited.
37. "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau.
The more we start to enjoy traveling, the more we open to ourselves. The knots slowly are untying, and new threads of unexpected journeys are adding up. So let us get lost amidst this picturesque world and find the best in us.
38. "Travel can be one of the most rewarding forms of introspection."- Lawrence Durrell.
Lawrence Durell says we become keen observers once we dive into the sea of traveling. In this sea of traveling, we inspect every fish, every aquatic plant, and everything that comes in our way.
39. "To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the most pleasant sensations in the world."- Freya Stark.
When we wake up at a new place, you rush to the balcony with a cup of hot coffee and look around to find yourself surrounded by misty fog. The weather is chilling, and there is a huge waterfall. Slowly the sun's rays awakening everyone.
The rays being the paintbrush have painted the canvas of the sky with varied colors. The feeling this image gives the satisfaction of traveling.
40. "Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home." – Matsuo Basho.
Traveling brings a bundle of lessons and opens a new chapter of life. The most scenic chapter to learn and explore. Once we get addicted to reading this book, there is no going back.
Traveling is our home, and it gives us pleasure says, Matsuo Basho in this short travel quote.
41. "Life is a journey, not a destination" - Aerosmith.
We should not chase the destination. Instead, find pleasure in the beautiful journey that leads us to unknown destinations.
Aerosmith wants us to live in the moment and forget the future through this short travel quote.
42. "Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world."– Gustave Flaubert.
We may be a very neglected part of this majestic world. But this same world gives us chances to spread our unseen wings and plunge into it bravely.
43. "The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself." – Wallace Stevens.
The world offers us so much to catch a glimpse of many marvelous creations. We must hold this opportunity and see the unseen colors of the alluring world.
44. "Travel teaches toleration." – Benjamin Disraeli.
This short travel quote is itself self-explanatory. Travel becomes the teacher and teaches us experiences and lessons to cherish forever.
45. "Live with no excuses and learn to travel with no regrets" - Oscar Wilde.
Oscar Wilde conveys to stop holding yourself back. Start cutting off the knots that are holding you from exploring. Stop making excuses and mend your ways to the journey.
46. "It is not down in any map; real places never are." – Herman Melville.
There are many jaw-dropping small places that we will never find on maps.
We need to go and search for such destinations and trust me, the happiness and contentedness after being at that place will make it worth a while, proposes Herman Melville in his short travel quote.
47. "Take only memories, leave only footprints." – Chief Seattle.
Coming to the last short travel quote of this list, Chief Seattle expresses his feelings about traveling. Through this quote, he wants us to understand that traveling gives you so many memories to cherish.
Then in return, you must gift that place your footprints. We should keep the area clean as nature is losing its beauty because of the trash and mess we create.
Hey! wake up. I hope you enjoyed your flashback to one of the most unforgettable trips you have ever had. I am sure you must be looking forward to taking the adventurous path and gifting yourself the best of the world's places.
Comment down your favorite travel quote from the list above.
If you found these short travel quotes relatable, do like and share.