Sardar Vallabhbhai Javerbhai Patel (1875-1950), the Iron Man of our Nation, is popularly known as Sardar Patel. He gave his whole, serving our nation as a First Deputy Prime Minister as well as first Home Minister. His dream has always been to integrate the whole country and bring unity between the people.
The commitment he made to bring integration between all the people, was just amazing. Due to his consistent efforts and contributions, he is being honoured as ‘The Iron Man of India’. ‘Statue of Unity’, the world’s tallest statue, which is approx. 597ft (182m), established in 2018 in Gujarat, in memory of him.
His words, which are preserved in the form of Sardar Vallabhbahi Patel quotes are a treasure chest for all of us. You will understand why he is revered as the Iron Man of India after reading through the quotes, which reflect his thinking and vision.
The Sardar Vallabhbahi Patel quotes will definitely shake your mind, and will definitely make you think about it. So, let's discuss a few of the quotes told by him:
1. My only desire is that India should be a good producer and no one should be hungry, shedding tears for food in the Country.
The only thing he wants from the whole nation is that we should produce an immense number of stocks, such that not a single individual will sleep with an empty stomach.
2. Take to the path of dharma – the path of truth and justice. Don’t misuse your valour. Remain united. March forward in all humility, but fully awake to the situation you face, demanding your rights and firmness.
His request to the whole nation, especially to the youths, to always behold the path of dharma, doesn’t matter what the situation you are facing, you still need to follow the way of humanity for our rights.
3. Manpower without unity is not a strength unless it is harmonized and united properly, then it becomes a spiritual power.
In this quote, Sardar Patel is trying to realise the power of unity with harmony. There are various individual capabilities in all of us, but if the whole countrymen unite together, no outsider can challenge us.
4. A war based on Satyagraha is always of two kinds. One is the war we wage against injustice, and the other we fight our own weaknesses.
During the period of Satyagraha, making a movement against Britishers, who had enormous armed forces and strict laws. To fight with them with a non-violent act, was really gonna be a huge challenge. The purpose of this quote was just to remove and throw out the fear of weakness, which almost everyone kept inside themselves, as a result, to make them fight with enthusiasm.
5. There is something unique in this soil, which despite many obstacles has always remained the abode of great souls.
How beautiful our country is, even after facing many obstacles, whether it was for independence, or with caste or religion, we Indians always make a comeback and fight with each of them with a huge determination.
6. It is the prime responsibility of every citizen to feel that his country is free and to defend its freedom is his duty. Every Indian should now forget that he is a Rajput, a Sikh or a Jat. He must remember that he is an Indian and he has every right in this country but with certain duties.
As a nation, every one of us should have to give priority to our country i.e., India. We just need to forget which religion or caste we are belonging to. Or in which society or state we are living. As an Indian, we need to put our whole efforts in the development of the country.
7. Caste, Community will rapidly disappear. We have to speedily forget all these things. Such boundaries hamper our growth.
Cast, community and race, which has been decided since our birth, need to disappear from the lives of every individual. These things make nonsense comparisons among us in society and act as an obstacle to the growth of the whole nation. To encourage the growth of the nation, we have to remove these types of cages we often put in ourselves.
8. Little pools of water tend to become stagnant and useless, but if they are joined together to form a big lake, the atmosphere is cooled and there is universal benefit.
It can be simplified easily, if an individual works his heel peak for the freedom of the nation, he might get punished by the Englishmen, but if a group of individuals form a community to fight for freedom, they get success.
9. The negligence of a few could easily send a ship to the bottom, but if it has the wholehearted cooperation of all on board it can be safely brought to part.
A few holes in your character can feel you down, but if you fill those holes with complete dedication, then no one can stop you from achieving the top position.
10. By common endeavour we can raise the country to a new greatness, while a lack of unity will expose us to fresh calamities.
Our consistent effort towards the development of a nation can make the whole country proud all over the world, but the lack of teamwork can surely make us familiar with huge disasters.
11. We have to shed mutual bickering, shed the difference of being high or low, develop a sense of equality and banish untouchability. We have to restore the conditions of Swaraj prevalent prior to British rule and live like children of the same father.
In simple words, we need to schedule our time to discuss issues based on caste and untouchability, just to throw it out of the nation, as well as from our mind. By doing this, we can restore the Swaraj, which existed earlier before British rule.
12. Work is undoubtedly worship but laughter is life. Anyone who takes life too seriously must prepare himself for a miserable existence. Anyone who greets joy and sorrows with equal facility can really get the best of life.
Work is the medium to earn wealth. Every person has some work to do. But, only working the whole day without even having a smile on your face, is miserable, which can make you disappointed and feel like a loser.
13. Every citizen of India must remember that he is an Indian and he has every right in this country but with certain duties.
Utilizing the rights given to you as an Indian is delightful, but forgetting about the patriotism towards the country is really awful. Our first priority should be the sake of our country.
14. Non-violence has to be observed in thought, word and deed. The measure of our non-violence will be the measure of our success.
In a very simple manner, he explained the path to freedom with non-violence. We simply need to make our mind a non-violence mind. As a result, it will appear in our body language, which will help us to become an independent nation.
15. No distinctions of caste and creed should hamper us. All are the sons and daughters of India. We should all love our country and build our destiny on mutual love and help.
Doesn’t matter which caste or creed we belong to, as we got our birth in India, it is our parents, and we should develop our love towards our nation as well as towards other brothers and sisters (citizens) and help them to grow from every perspective.
16. Faith is no avail in absence of strength. Faith and strength, both are essential to accomplish any great work.
Having faith that you can do it, is actually great, but only if you have the strength to do it. Faith and Strength both are equally important to accomplish any great work.
17. Today we must remove distinctions of high and low, rich and poor, caste and creed.
Sardar Vallabhbahi Patel quotes tell us the importance of building a strong nation. To be a united and powerful nation, we need to remove the differences between all types of distinctions, whether it is high and low, rich and poor, or of caste and creed.
18. Satyagraha is not a creed for the weak or the cowardly.
For weak or cowardly people, Satyagraha is not any religious belief. This is the movement for the rights of every citizen of India.
19. Your goodness is impediment in your way, so let your eyes be red with anger, and try to fight injustice with a firm hand.
The kindness in our nature or behaviour can become the reason for our own defeat. So, with full rage in our eyes, we have to fight for the injustice which is happening to us.
20. It is my nature to be a friend of the friendless.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel quotes are forever inspiring for making new friendships with those who want to be friends. To behave friendly with unattached people, was the great quality shown by him, which a few can take in.
21. In domestic government, unity and co-operation are essential requisites.
To get the achievement at the specific end, our domestic government needs to work together with unity and cooperation.
22. It is only so long as a man can retain the child in him that life can be free from those dark shadows which leave inevitable furrows on a man’s forehead.
In this quote, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is explaining the importance of retaining our childishness, which we got forgotten when achieving teenage or adult age.
23. Even if we lose the wealth of thousands, and our life is sacrificed, we should keep smiling and be cheerful keeping our faith in God and Truth.
Believing in God and having faith in him, is the most important thing we need to do. Doesn’t matter how much wealth you got lost, or what problems you are facing now if you really trust in him, he can definitely fix your problems.
24. The main task before India today is to consolidate herself into a well-knit and united power.
Before uniting everyone for the country, we need to make ourselves strong first, then after, it will be beneficial for our country.
25. Tell Churchill to save England first before saving India.
Sardar Patel told to think about the future of the U.K., before thinking about India to Winston Churchill, the Prime Minister of the U.K. between 1940 and 1945.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel quotes are the medium to explain to you his efforts in bringing integrity and unity in the country, which existed before the span of British Government rule. As a result, his birthday is celebrated as National Unity Day or Ekta Diwas.
He was undoubtedly one of the best warriors during the struggle for the independence of the nation. Instead of rubbish talking around, he usually prefers to give a pointed message to society, which is easily understandable and applicable in real life.
Along with Mahatma Gandhi, he followed the path of non-violence and also accepted his leadership. Due to these efforts in leadership for independence, he will always be remembered in the whole world as ‘The Iron Man of India’.
These were some of the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel quotes i.e., quotes from Iron Man of India, which I personally liked the most. As a great leader, he was also a kind person by heart. Every single word told by him is for the goodness sake of the country.
- 25 Mahatma Gandhi Quotes For The World To Lead A Great Life
- 20 Bhagat Singh Quotes That Instill Patriotism and Courage In You
- 30 Great Indian Freedom Fighters The Country Is Proud Of
- 30 Lal Bahadur Shastri Quotes To Help You Face Tough Times
- 20 Books on Indian Politics To Understand It From Start to End
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events