Winter, the season of snow, usually is stretched for four to five months in India, and while in a few other countries summer is not really experienced. It is usually the season of the cosy since we do everything we can from using heaters to stay in bed as much as possible so that we keep ourselves warm.
This season can definitely prove to be soul relaxing with the freshly baked cookies and some hot chocolates, snuggled up in a blanket probably watching a romantic movie. But sometimes the weather can get brutal, even so, that it can make getting out of the house completely and totally agonizing.
Some of us might enjoy going out and playing in the snow, while others might pray each day for winters to go away. But no matter what happens, you will definitely change your opinions. - to good ones after reading the quotes about winter mentioned below.
1. They who sing through the summer must dance in the winter. - Italian Proverb
Quotes about winter often bring up the contrast between the two seasons. Summers are to sing, enjoying the cool breeze by the sea, while winters are to dance around a fireplace. Isn’t it beautiful?
2. Winter is a season of recovery and preparation. - Paul Theroux
As winters come, we all become a bit lazy and lethargic. Most of the things slow down. Thus, it is the right time to think about things, come up with conclusions, heal the hurts and prepare for great things in life.
3. What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness. - John Steinbeck
We all are aware of the comparison and the speciality of the two seasons which were combined here as opposites which are both required equally.
4. Even the strongest blizzards start with a single snowflake. - Sara Raasch
This quote is trying to represent the power of unity, by way of snowflakes.
5. People don’t notice whether it's winter or summer when they’re happy. - Anton Chekov
This quote represents the importance of happiness in one's life and how it does/does not affect a person's life
6. Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius. - Pietro Aretino
This quote is a beautiful metaphor, trying to make way as the season of genius
7. Welcome, winter. Your late dawns and chilled breath make me lazy, but I love you nonetheless. - Terri Guillemets
We all know how much we love staying in blankets and warmth instead of the chilly winds outside this quote is simply a representation of that fact.
8. The colour of springtime is flowers; the colour of winter is our imagination. - Terri Guillemets
Flowers are colourful and can make everything look beautiful. Similarly, in winter we let our imaginations make everything beautiful.
9. One kind word can warm up three winter months. - Japanese Proverb
This proverb metaphorically involves winter and means that no matter what kindness can help out in each and every situation.
10. To keep a warm heart in winter is the real victory. - Marty Rubin
Just like the one above, this quote also represents the importance of kindness.
11. January brings the snow, makes our feet and fingers glow. - Sara Coleridge
This quote simply defines the beauty of winter and snow.
12. A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship. - Markus Zuzak
This represents the bond of everlasting friendships and a few little pranks which keep the spark alive (usually) in all relationships.
13. Kindness is like snow. It beautifies everything it covers. - Kahlil Gibran
Another comparison of kindness, snow and their beauty.
14. The snow is sparkling like a million little suns. - Lama Willa
People who are optimistic find positivity in everything.
15. When snow falls, nature listens. - Antoinette Van Kleef
Winter is a lovely season as it keeps everyone inside while nature romances and heals itself.
16. If you think my winter is too cold, you don’t deserve my spring. - Erin Hanson
This quote is a way of nature to complain and make it clear to you that there is always a little pain or sadness before good things happen.
17. When you love the winter, winter goes off warmer.
Another kindness metaphor. According to the writer, if you show affection and/or love kindness is displayed to you.
18. How many lessons of faith and beauty we should lose, if there were no winter in our year. - Thomas Higginson
Winter is a season full of beauty and unique experiences. It instils faith in us when we hope the next day to be full of sunshine.
19. White lips. Pale face. Breathing in snowflakes. - Ed Sheeran
A basic description of what and how winter is.
20. Snowflakes are kisses from heaven.
This quote is clearly an appreciation of snow and winter.
21. To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake it is necessary to stand out in the cold. - Aristotle
This quote is trying to say that you actually need to face the situation to understand its beauty (pros and cons).
22. Winter's dying and spring is on its way. I can feel it all over me already. - Magali Noel
This quote is dedicated to any and all winter lover who is sad since its time to say goodbye to winter.
23. Vermont must be beautiful this time of year...all that snow!. - Vera-Ellen, White Christmas
When snow covers the trees and everything else around the house, it looks very beautiful.
24. When you stand in the snow you look like an angel. - Groundhog Day
This can be interpreted as no matter what (aka sweat or snow) you were, are and will always be pretty no matter what.
25. Take some advice from the weather and chill out.
The writer here just wants you to relax, stay calm, sit back and watch some movies and eat something.
26. If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant. - Anne Bradstreet
In a more lay-man of a tone it can be said that if you face the bad part of a situation, the good part will seem excellent.
27. I pray this winter be gentle and kind- a season of rest from the wheel of the mind. - John Geddes
The writer (aka John) wants the winter to go easy on us and let us enjoy it
28. Blow ye winds, like the trumpet blows, but without that noise. - Jack Handey
This quote is all about the chilly winds and how they blow about without making a sound
29. When life gives you snow, make snow angels.
It sounds similar to when life gives you lemons, make a lemonade! Believe me, it means the same!
30. When it snows you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels.
The choices here are metaphorical. They are the choices life gives you i.e. either enjoy or suffer the given situation.
I really hope that the given quotes about winter either help you bring you into or make you stay in the zone, where you will be all ready to face and/or stand the season. It brings a change in our lives and we have to go through it.
Although it's not necessary, a gentle reminder would be to take care of yourself and the people around you in this chilly season. Some tips would include moisturizing regularly, taking short and warm showers, keeping your diet properly and a regular intake of water is really important.
And on a last leaving note, have lots of hot chocolates, cookies, and brownies. Enjoy this merry season with these lovely quotes about winter!
- 30 Rainy Season Quotes That Express The Joy Of Seeing The Clouds
- 30 Quotes About Summer That Spark Wanderlust And Happiness Of Season
- 40 Holiday and Vacation Quotes That Capture The Warmth of The Season
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events