According to a philosophy of ancient India, the soul is spiritually asleep. Just as an alarm clock awakes a sleeping person, the Mahamantra awakens the soul to its spiritual reality — where it can experience the eternal connection with Krishna or God. Well, if you are searching for Shree Krishna quotes to seek knowledge related to life, you may find the best ones here!
Lord Krishna is worshipped as the eighth avatar of the God Vishnu and also as the supreme God in his own right. He is the god of compassion, tenderness, love and is one of the most popular and widely revered among Indian divinities. He has inspired Arjuna in Kurukshetra war with his motivational words. He taught us everything, about Life, Love, Happiness, Dharma, Moksha (Liberation), Bhakti (Devotion), Yoga, Meditation, Religion, Truth and what not. He taught us everything.
In today’s world of hustle, unhappiness and sorrow, we always seek for the answers related to the events we are going through in our lives during hardships. Bhagwad Gita is the one-stop solution for all your queries related to every problem in your lives!
Feeding Trends brings you, Lord Krishna Bhagawad Geeta Quotes to clear all the sorrow and doubts in the hearts of people.
In many top colleges and universities (mostly in marketing schools), Bhagavad Gita and Shri Krishna’s quotes are taught to students on a daily basis. In your daily lives, you must have come across this verse given below, which is narrated by Shri Krishna in Mahabharata. Let's read it once again to feel the essence of The Supreme Soul within us.
Yada yada hi dharmasya glanirbhavati bharata,
Abhythanamadharmasya tadatmanam srijamyaham .
Paritranaya sadhunang vinashay cha dushkritam,
Dharmasangsthapanarthay sambhabami yuge yuge.
The meaning of these two slokas (above quote) is —
Whenever there is a decay of righteousness, O Bharata,
And there is an exaltation of unrighteousness, then I Myself come forth;
For the protection of the good, for the destruction of evil-doers,
For the sake of firmly establishing righteousness, I am born from age to age.
Given below are 30 Shri Krishna quotes to enlighten our lives and to establish eternal connection with the one who runs this world. This list contains Lord Shree Krishna quotes on life, love, dharma, moksha, religion, karma, and many more.
1. “He who has no attachments can really love others, for his love is pure and divine.”
In this Shri Krishna quote, love is defined to be the pure feeling without any expectation and attachment, but only acceptance with all the flaws one has. You can love truly when you don’t expect anything in return, not even being loved.
2. “The only way you can conquer me is through love and there I am gladly conquered.”
In the above Shree Krishna quote, he himself has stated that if love prevails in your heart, you have already chosen his path to worship. Nothing can ever lead you to God, but love and devotion for him.
3. “Do everything you have to do, but not with greed, not with ego, not with lust, not with envy but with love, compassion, humility and devotion.”
Shree Krishna has always taught us to perform our karmas with all our devotion and hard work, and leave rest to destiny, without expecting the respective result or phal. If your intentions are good, there is nothing that will stop you from gaining success.
4. “There are three gates to self-destruction and hell: Lust, Anger & Greed.”
The above Lord Krishna quote on life describes what we shouldn’t acquire in the lifetime to save ourselves from the disaster. But surprisingly, these are the values we daily come across within us. One who can get rid of these evils is automatically on the path of self-construction.
5. “For one who has conquered his mind, a mind is best of friends, but for one who has failed to do so, a mind is the greatest enemy.”
In the holy Bhagawad Geeta, Shri Krishna has reminded us not to attach ourselves to this mortal body, but to know the ultimate truth of life; we are nothing but a peaceful soul who is the master of our mind and body. This Lord Krishna quote tells you not to let your mind overpower or control your actions.
6. “Tu krta wahi hai jo tu chahta hai, Fir hota wahi hai jo main chahta hun. Tu wahi kar jo main chahta hun, Fir hoga wahi jo tu chahta hai.”
Wow! These beautiful lines from the Bhagawad Geeta, as the Shree Krishna quotes make us realize how we do things according to our own comfort & then curse our destiny for unfavourable results.
7. “Vartamaan paristhiti mein jo tumhara kartavya hai wahi tumhara dharm hai.”
The above Shri Krishna quote in Hindi describes the importance of our duties of the very moment we are living, which is the ultimate righteousness. Your religion is nothing else but your duties.
8. “Karm ka phal vyakti ko usi prakaar dhundh leta hai jis prakaar saikadon gaayon mein koi bachhada apni maa ko dhundh leta hai.”
In the given Shree Krishna quote in Hindi, it has been told that one has to face the consequences of one’s action. You cannot run from the results, cannot ignore the aftermath, and cannot undo your actions that led to them. All you can do is learn and improve.
9. “Aatma na janm leti hai na marti hai, na hi ise jalaya ja sakta hai na hi pani se geela kiya ja sakta hai. Aatma amar or avinashi hai.”
We are not this body, neither the mind, we are a peaceful and mortal living soul residing in this perishable body; the above Shri Krishna quote describes beautifully about the soul.
10. “Jeevan na toh bhavishya mein hai na ateet mein hai, jeevan toh bas iss pal mein hai, arthaat is pal mein hi jeevan hai.”
Live the moment! The Shri Krishna Bhagavad Gita quote given above asks us to stop wasting our time in daydreaming about future and repenting about the past, rather live the very moment.
11. “As a strong wind sweeps away a boat on the water, even one of the roaming senses on which the mind focusses can carry away a man's intelligence.”
We become what we think. So, choose every thought you generate in our mind wisely. A single negative thought can take over all your positive thoughts. It is one of the wisest quotes from Lord Krishna.
12. “When a person responds to the joy and sorrow of others as though they were his own, he or she has attained the highest spiritual union.”
Your empathy is the biggest achievement. Sustain it! Also, be thankful that you were not put into such a painful situation, for you might have not been able to endure it.
13. “You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider yourself the cause of the results of your activities, and never be attached to not doing your duty.”
Every action done in the expectation of favourable result is futile. Shree Krishna quotes for life inspire us to focus on karma and leave rest to Him. Whatever you deserve, will come your way whether or not you want it.
14. “I have a purpose for your pain, a reason for your struggle, and a reward for your faithfulness. Trust me and don’t give up.”
Shri Krishna is with us in every hardship we face. We just need to trust Him and go on.
15. “To love without condition, to talk without intention, to give without reason, and to give without expectation, that’s the spirit of true love.”
The Shri Krishna quote given above defines love as acceptance without expectation. You have to be selfless, unconditional, and incessant in love. Only then, it can be identified as true love.
16. “Main kisika bhagaya nirmaan nahi karta, har vyakti apna bhaagya swayam banata hai.”
Relying solely upon destiny, and blaming God for every up and down is what we are practised to do. Although we are the master of our fate. Lord Krishna’s quote above clearly mentions that one is the writer of one’s own fate.
17. “Tum aaj jo kar rahe ho tumhe uska phal kal praapt hoga. Or jo aaj tumhara bhaagya hai wo tumhare pehle kiye gaye karm ka phal hai.”
Some wise words from Mahabharata are here. To every action, there is equal and opposite consequence, time may differ, but not the intensity. So, choose your karma wisely!
18. “Koi vyakti ayogya nahi hota, usse ayogya banati hai uski soch, isliye swayam ko jaano, jaan jaoge ki aap kya ho.”
The Shri Krishna quote mentioned above requests you to know yourself from within. It asks you to break the limitations weaved in your minds, to identify your capabilities, and to perform wonders.
19. “Arjun! Vyakti jo chahe ban sakta hai yadi wo vishvas ke saath ichchhit vastu par lagataar chintan kare.”
Lord Krishna quote in Hindi given above is the conversation between Arjuna And Shree Krishna in the battlefield. A determined mind can conquer anything, Lord Krishna tells Arjun and all of us. If you are persistent and consistent, you are bound to achieve and succeed.
20. “Prem mein koi viyog nahin hota, prem hi antim yog hai, antim milan.”
Shree Krishna quote defines love as the ultimate happiness and adobe for the soul, in which there is no pain and sorrow.
21. “One whose happiness is within, who is active within, who rejoices within and is illuminated within is actually the perfect mystic. He is liberated in the Supreme and ultimately he attains the Supreme.”
One who knows that happiness is generated from within knows the real truth of life to connect to the Supreme Soul. If you are free to do what your wish to do and what your heart wants to do, you are truly liberated.
22. “Krodh se atyant moodh bhav utpann ho jata hai, moodh bhav se smriti mein bhram ho jata hai, smriti mein bhram ho jane se buddhi arthaat gyaan shakti ka naash ho jata hai, or buddhi ka naash ho jane se manushya apni stithi se gir jata hai.”
Anger is the forest fire which destroys the personality in seconds. When you are angry, even your mind stops thinking and you take decisions that you shouldn’t have. Anger leads to regret and nothings else - this is what the above Shri Krishna quote means.
23. “What ineffable joy does one find through love of me, the blissful Atma. Once that joy is realized, all earthly pleasures fade into nothingness.”
The charm of love keeps you spell bounded and connected to the Supreme Power. It also makes you start loving yourself and your soul.
24. “I regard as great even the smallest gift offered by my devotees in pure love, but even great offerings presented by non-devotees do not please me.”
The offerings we gift to Lord Krishna are valued for the love and devotion attached to it. It doesn’t matter what materialistic value the gift has. Lord Krishna points out in this quote that all he needs is our true devotion, it is the only thing that will please him.
25. “Blessed is a human birth, even the dwellers in heaven desire this birth, for true knowledge and pure love may be attained only by a human being.”
There is a lesson hiding in the above quote by Lord Krishna. Being a human in itself is a divine act, so we must do things worth our birth. Anything we do should not be a disgrace to the entire human race.
26. “An action which is ordained, which is free from attachment, which is done without love or hatred by one who is not desirous of any reward—that action is declared to be Sattvik.”
27. “But of all, I could name, verily love is the highest. Love & devotion that make one forgetful of everything else, Love that unites the lover with me”.
28. “The Key to happiness is the reduction of desires.”
The above Shri Krishna quote points out that if you don’t have desires, you don't expect outcomes for your deeds, you don’t compare yourself to others, then, you will lead the best life ever.
29. “It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly but happily than to live an imitation of somebody’s life with perfection and sorrow.”
30. “There is neither in this world or the world beyond that happiness exists for someone who doubts.”
Mesmerizing! Isn’t it?
Bhagavad Gita quotes must have made you realize that you are not the clothes you wear, not even the body you think you are, but a peaceful and divine soul. So, let’s free ourselves this ego, hatred and unhappiness we carry all along the lifetime and start loving every soul around us.
- 20 Bhagwad Gita Quotes for Life Decisions & Choices
- 5 Facts About Ravana The Demon King of Lanka
- 13 Radha Krishna Quotes To Know About Eternal Love
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events