Whenever we talk about Radha Krishna (we never say Radha without Krishna), who are just so darn in love with each other that both their names have combined into one, we just have one thing in our head - their love story.
Their true love and dedication have kept them alive in our hearts, their love story is hymned with praise for ages. But have we really understood the bond Radha-Krishna shared? What their love was like? Can we ever shower such kind of love they did for each other? In this article, we would understand what real love meant for Radha-Krishna by way of the below mentioned Radha Krishna quotes.
Here are 13 Radha Krishna quotes to know about eternal love:
1. "Prem - Jo upeksha jhel le veh krodh aur pratikaar jaise bhavon se mukt ho jata hai."
For non-Hindi speakers, in English, "Love" which suffers neglect, gets rid of emotions like anger and retaliation. The above Radha Krishna quote is all about being patient when you truly love someone.
2. "Prem ki shakti dand ki shakti se hazaar guna prabhavshali aur sthayi hai."
The power of love is a thousand times stronger and lasting than the power of punishment. A beautiful quotation by almighty Krishna, it goes on elaborating the power of love over punishment.
3. "Sacche prem ki koi samapti tithi nahi hoti, sanyog aur viyog ye dono hi awastha me samaan rehta hai."
In other words, "True love has no end date. Coincidence and disconnection remain the same in both.” Isn't it so romantic? The promise of sharing eternity together, loving someone with your all, being there for someone, and having someone being there for you during high-lows. Yes, I know this kinda marvelous love, only true lovers like Radha-Krishna can share.
4. "Prem ka arth vivah karna nahi hota apeetu poori nishtha ke sath samarpan karna hota hai."
Why have an agreement of love? Marriage is an agreement but when two people love, they love each other, love is a selfless emotion shared by two lovers. According to the Vedas Krishna believed love doesn't require marriage. In this quotation, Krishna says, ‘Love does not mean marriage, but dedication with full devotion.’
5. "Prem mein jab shraddha aur samman ka bhav jud jaaye toh Prem bhakti tulye ho jata hai."
Here Krishna says, "When a sense of reverence and respect is added to love, then love and devotion becomes balance". What is more intriguing than worshipping your only love for the rest of your life? Nothing. Only respect and honour make love immortal. One of the best Radha Krishna quotes is this.
6. "Humesha smaran rakhiye iss sansaar mein prem se meetha kuch bhi nahi."
Darkness cannot drive out darkness only light can, hate cannot drive out hate. Only love can do that. In the above Radha Krishna quote, Lord Krishna is saying, Always remember there is nothing sweeter than love in this world.
7. "Prem ka arth kisiko paana nahi kintu usme kho jaana hota hai."
Love is not meant to gain anyone but get lost in it. When you are deeply and madly in love, you tend to forget yourself and embrace the other person with an open heart. One of the greatest sayings of Radha Krishna of all the time.
8. "Prem aatma se hota hai shareer se nahi, jo shareer se ho vo keval akarshan maatr hai, jo aatma se ho wahi shashwat prem hai."
Love is with the soul, not with the body, what is with the body is only attraction, what is with the soul is eternal love. What lasts longer? Or wait what's temporary? Yes, you guessed it right, flesh and blood will turn into soil one day, the only soul will last longer. People remember your devil or angel spirit, not the flesh you had.
9. "Jab manushay ko vastvik prem Hota hai toh veh annyay, hinsa, grihna jaise bhavon se door ho jata hai, aur inn bhavon ke rehte hue yadi prem ka dawa kiya jaaye toh vo prem nahi prem ka bhram hota hai."
When a man is genuinely in love, he eludes the negative feelings like injustice, violence, and hatred, and if love is claimed in these emotions, it is not true love but an illusion of love. It is one of the wisest Lord Krishna quotes on love.
10. Yadi hriday mein sachcha prem ho to prateeksha ka har shan anand deta hai."
Krishna’s love for Radha is something not many of us can comprehend even today. In the above love quote, he says, ‘If there is true love in the heart, every moment of waiting for your beloved gives joy.’ Indeed, patience is the key to everyone’s happiness, love, success, and joy.
11. "Prem ka pehla charan vyakulta hai jo aapko aapke prem ke kareeb laati hai."
Above is an ironic quote on love by Krishna. The first stage of love is a disturbance that brings you closer to your love. If you don’t get disturbed by the absence or thoughts of someone, you are not truly in love.
12. "Prem ka dawa bohot log karte hain parantu prem ki shakti unhe hi prapt hoti hai jo bina kisi bhay ke prem nibhane ka sahas rakhte hain"
Many people claim to love but the power of love comes only to those who have the courage to love without fear. What's a change? Change can be good and bad too. Who changes you for good? True Love. Who changes you for bad? Hatred. It is love and will always be love only that makes you a genuine and true being.
13. “Prem mukti hai, bandhan nahi; vistara hai, sankuchan nahi; prem mein na dusre ki swatantrata ka haran karo, na swayam ki swatantrata ka tyaag; aur prapt hui is swatantrata main apne prem ki pavitrata ki maryada ko banaye rakhna hi sachche prem ki parakashtha hai."
Love is liberty, not binding; Love is elaborate not restricted. You should not take away another person's freedom or sacrifice your own freedom while in love. When you have attained freedom in love, maintaining the piousness, purely and limits of love are the pinnacle of true love. This Krishna love quote is all about respecting each other's personal spaces and living together happily.
Krishna had almost 16,000 wives but his heart ached only for Radha. Isn't it incredible? Even today the armour stands as one of the most adulated stories of all the time!
The almighty God Krishna, the 8th incarnation behind Vishnu devoted his heart and soul for just one woman, the goddess of love, tenderness, compassion, and devotion, Radha. They were together incredibly, their love still exists in folklore, lyrics, novels, poetry, paintings, music, bedtime stories, etc. Their story isn't just about love, it's also about the hard times, they were not bound to holy matrimony yet they were soulmates.
Radha thought about Krishna each second of her life while Krishna, full of duties, was not able to meet her after he left Gokul and became King. Even in the last moments, when Radha was on the point of death, she just wanted to hear Krishna Flute for the last time and Krishna played the melodious tune that was never played before and dedicated to her. Their love was all dedicated to each other.
Somewhere in the depths of our hearts, they're still there. There is Radha for every Krishna you just need to show some patience to find and be found.
- 30 Lord Krishna Quotes That Narrate The Truths of Life
- 20 Bhagwad Gita Quotes For Life Decisions & Choices
- 5 Facts About Ravana, The Demon King of Lanka
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events