Startups are not new to this world. They were always there and they will come up in larger numbers in coming years. The recent promotion and growth in startup culture hints so.
All big companies - Be it Alibaba, Facebook, Oracle, Mint, Google, StumbleUpon, or Google, all started once as a group of people. Over the time, they developed themselves into such big companies. But the journey was not easy.
These 15 quotes by famous entrepreneurs will motivate you to work with a team who behave right when everything is going wrong. These are inspired by real-life challenges that they faced and so, you will find them synonymous with your situation.
Here we go.
1. "Forget about your competitors, just focus on your customers" -Jack Ma (Lead Founder Alibaba)
2. "Stay self-funded as long as possible" -Garret Camp (Co-Founder, Stumbleupon)
3. "Having a partner definitely allows you to take more risks: - Arianna Huffington (Co-Founder, The Huffington Post)
4. "The cost of hiring someone bad is so much greater than mossing out on someone good" -Joe Kraus (Partner, Google Ventures)
5. "Spread the world in a way that was natural and not spammy" -Ade Olonoh (Co-Founder, Formspring)
6. "We're not really good at knowing what we want, and we are very quick to say "this sucks". That's where the opportunity lies" -Gary Vaynerchuk (Founder, Wine Library TV)
7. "Openly share and talk to people about your idea. Use their lack of interest or doubt to fuel your motivation to make it happen" -Todd Garland (Founder, Buysellads)
8. "We live in a world where you're not being eaten by a lion when you fail, you just have to go get another job" -Michael Arrington (Founder, Techcrunch)
9. " If you need scale in order to create value, it's hard to get scale, because there's little incentive for the first people to use the product" -Joshua Schachter (Founder, Delicious)
10. "If you aren't getting rejected on a daily basis, your goals aren't ambitious enough" -Chris Dixon (Co-Founder, Hunch)
11. "Observe the world around you -everything you do, and especially everything you hate to do." - Aaron Patzer (Founder, Mint)
12. "Don't Take forever to make decision, but don't make it too fast" -Micah Baldwin (Co-Founder, Graphic.ly)
13. "When you innovate, you have got to be prepared for people telling you that you are nuts" -Larry Ellison (Co-Founder, Oracle)
14. "I Like to pride myself on thinking pretty long term, but not that long term." -Mark Zuckerberg (Co-Founder, Facebook)
15. "Features are like having ***. You make one mistake and you have to support it for life." -Dave Mcclure (Founder, 500 Startups)
If you have already purchased the domain for a year for your would-be website, you can say that things have started getting pretty serious for now.
If you are working on Sundays, calling all others too to join you in the flood of ideas, you can say that you don't want your things to fail.
And if, your meetings have not lined up yet, for you are the only one working out there on the holiday, you know where you belong.
Someday, even your quote will feature here!