Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (from 30 November 1874 to 24 January 1965) was a British statesman and politician. During the historic "World War II", he was the prime minister of The United Kingdom. He was the prime minister of the UK from 1940-1945 and again from 1951 to 1955.
Winston Churchill is a renowned name in world history. Being one of the prominent faces in World War 2, he is still famous and adored by a lot. His fierce voice and appropriate leadership became one of the great reasons for the defeat of fascists.
A great leader, a bold politician, an excellent writer, etc compile up to create his great aura. His point of view, his speeches, his sentences are what provided millions of Britishers with courage, hope and power. In this article, we have gathered some bold Winston Churchill quotes to provide you with more confidence.
Some Winston Churchill quotes to cheer your life up are as follows:
1. War is mainly a catalogue of blunders.
In this Winston Churchill quotes, he says that wars are mainly a catalogue of blunders. A compilation of blunders mainly.
2. The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
Truth can neither be overwritten nor denied. No matter what but what is truth shall prevail. This is the gist of this Winston Churchill quote.
3. If you are going through hell, keep going.
If you are going through hell then keep going. There is no point to stop in hell. Good moments are on their way.
4. The English never draw a line without blurring it.
In this Winston Churchill quote, he says that the English never draw the line without blurring it. Taking a decision with thinking about their pros and cons is not what clever people do.
5. To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day.
Building anything takes time. Be it a monument or a relation. But for breaking it, some moments are enough. A very true sentence is quoted in this Winston Churchill quote.
6. I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I have inspired the nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling all around the globe that had the lionheart. I had the luck to be called upon to roar.
Winston Churchill quotes show a lot of wisdom. He says that strength and courage were already there within the people. He had done nothing extra.
7. If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.
What has gone has gone. Always focus on "what is" and "what will be". That's how one can flourish in life. This has been told in this Winston Churchill quote.
8. It is no use saying ‘we are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.
Winston Churchill quotes give a great perspective on life. Always doing our best is not enough. Acing as per the demand of the time is necessary.
9. My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.
In this Winston Churchill quote, he shares his life incidents by telling everyone that his biggest achievement was to convince his wife to marry him.
10. Success is never found. Failure is never fatal. Courage is the only thing.
It takes courage to face and counter failure. It's all in your view. How you look at situations. This lesson is given in this Winston Churchill quote.
11. It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.
A quotation can make you learn new things. Quotations convey great thoughts. In fact, reading quotations can add to your wisdom.
12. The whole history of the world is summed up in the fact that, when nations are strong, they are not always just, and when they wish to be just, they are no longer strong.
13. It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time.
14. When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber.
15. We shape our dwellings, and afterwards, our dwellings shape us.
16. It is a fine thing, to be honest, but it is also very important to be right.
17. Every man should ask himself each day whether he is not too readily accepting negative solutions.
18. The greatest life lesson is to know that even fools are right sometimes.
Winston Churchill quotes impart wisdom. One must listen to the clever and the fool alike. You never know who gives you a better piece of advice.
19. The problems of victory are more agreeable than those of defeat, but they are no less difficult.
20. Dictators ride to and fro on tigers from which they dare not dismount. And the tigers are getting hungry.
21. Do not let us speak of darker days; let us speak rather of sterner days. These are not dark days, these are great days, the greatest days our country has ever lived.
22. Say what you have to say and the first time you come to a sentence with a grammatical ending, sit down.
23. We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and the streets, we shall fight on the hills, we shall never surrender.
24. Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.
25. Without a measureless and perpetual uncertainty, the drama of human life would be destroyed.
26. It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time.
27. The English know how to make the best of things. Their so-called muddling through simply skills at dealing with the inevitable.
28. No one can guarantee success in war but only deserve it.
29. If one has to submit, it is wasteful not to do so with the best grace possible.
30. Curse ruthless time! Curse our mortality. How cruelly short is the allotted span for all we must cram into it!
31. We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.
32. History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
33. The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.
34. There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
35. Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.
36. I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
37. Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room.
38. It’s not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what’s required.
39. What is adequacy? Adequacy is no standard at all.
40. Do not let spacious plans for a new world divert your energies from saving what is left of the old.
41. Broadly speaking short words are best and the old words when short, are best of all.
42. Everyone has his day, and some days last longer than others.
43. The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.
44. To improve is to change, so to be perfect is to change often.
45. Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
46. If you have an important point to make, don’t try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time with a tremendous whack.
47. Do you have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Having enemies is a good and positive sign. Winston Churchill quotes tell us to be righteous, to stand for what is justified and to do what is rarely done.
48. I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
49. Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.
50. Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak, it’s also what it takes to sit down and listen.
51. It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.
52. Out of intense complexities, intense simplicities emerge.
When you see no way out, a new door opens. I is only after facing a lot of problems that you find the best possible solution. Winston Churchill quotes give us a lot of hope and motivation to strive for the best.
53. The problems of victory are more agreeable than those of defeat, but they are no less difficult.
54. All the greatest things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word; freedom, justice, honour, duty, mercy, hope.
55. Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
56. My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.
57. Never, never, never give in.
58. A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
59. We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
60. We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out.
Hope these Winston Churchill quotes added something extra to your horizon. Stay motivated and determined towards your goals. It all takes time.
- 30 Albert Einstein Quotes That Will Inspire The Creative Genius In You
- 30 Stephen Hawking Quotes That Are Beyond Science and Philosophy
- 50 Nelson Mandela Quotes Which Are Inspirational And Timeless
- 50 Bob Marley Quotes on Love, Life, Money, and She
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events