Let's begin with a few questions!
1. What is the Men’s helpline number in India by the government?
2. When was last time you heard Karan Johar or any other men were seen complaining of sexual harassment?
3. Why don’t Politicians build an agenda on Rights for Men, ever?
4. Have you ever heard young girls crying about love failure and writing a song about it? Do we have a replica of “Why this Kolaveri” for the female?
5. Have you heard of the term Meninism?
If the answer is “No” then I think you should spare the next 5 mins of your time to this Feeding Trends article. (And get your male friends to read this too! They'll give you a treat I guess.)
International days where guys are not even considered just like International Baby Boy Day! Have you heard of it? Noooo… because there is no such day, but there is International Baby Girl Day. Why!!?!!
Now for one moment Imagine a vice versa situation wherein “HER” day was not celebrated and there was a Lilliputian place for “HIS” kind of days.
Yes, all your social media website would have given “DHARNA” right then and there. You might receive a blank newspaper at home protesting against the “HIS” day.
Why this Kolaveri?
Many would revert with the reason for celebrating “Girl Child Day”. And yes, I would agree too! But that’s the conversation for some other day.
To worsen the things a huge wave of Feminism is outrightly blinding people. Before I can make any further statements let me tell you about myself: I am female trying to acknowledge meninism here and have grown up fighting for feminism entire life. (**and still fighting)
Ironically people applauded when in Tanu Weds Manu part two when Kangana left Madhavan in a mental asylum. The scene was Comical!!! And bet you all had a good laugh!
But even if in your wildest dreams of dreams, Madhavan would have left Kangana in the Mental ASYLUM……..
That scene would have been “TRAGIC” with a jaw-dropping “HAAAWWW F**k, how could he be so cruel..? kind of reaction from the audience.
Nari Morcha & Social Media Dharna time again!
Resultant: A rise in TRP of the gup-shup channel.
Let’s reason out why we need Meninism here?
1) Men are expected to work until they give-up, die or are abducted by aliens.
2) The heart attack death rate is higher in men than in women. It's just a statistic!
3) It's unimaginable to think that Men can be sexually harassed. Have you ever come by any media trolls on women eve teasing men?
4) Have you ever seen matrimony ads where females look for “stay at home husbands”? On the other hand, men openly desire a suitable housewife.
5) Stay at home dads are an alien concept and not accepted by society. Prove me wrong by actually telling me how many stay at home you know. Will we see “Ki &Ka” concept only in movies?
6) When will stop using the phrase “Ladies first”, Chivalry do exist in men even though it's rare! But question yourself how many women show chivalry of “Men’s first”.
7) Women have more endurance than Men. I am serious, men may show as physically strong counterparts, but can you imagine a guy surviving in the labor room and going through Pregnancy? Men can be victims too, and it’s high time we should acknowledge this.
Can we have equality first?
Sexism does exist, sadly for both the gender. It's beyond any question. I am not here to portray a soft corner for any particular gender.
I strongly feel that men and women have equal rights and both the gender should be able to accept its benefits and pitfalls.
If we talk about equality then there should be no space for Feminism or Meninisim. There should be Equality but first, believe in it.
Feminism demands equal opportunity while Meninism demands the same for the men. Its time we should ditch the titles of Meninisim and Feminism and give space to Equalism.