Last year, on September 6, 2017, Lucknow began traveling in the Lucknow Metro. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath showed a green flag to the first metro drive in the city.
Yes, Lucknow became a Metro city a year back!
While everyone in Lucknow is full of enthusiasm, the proud thing is that the Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) has equipped its Metro services with the latest technology.
As a matter of fact, Delhi and Jaipur Metros lack many of these.
Technological Marvels Of Lucknow Metro
The Lucknow Metro is equipped with some of the best features. Few of these features are introduced for the very first time in a metro train.
1. A Talk Back speaker through which the passengers can directly contact the Metro operator in case of an emergency.
2. A dimmer control LED lighting system to regulate the brightness of lights in the Metro coaches and enable up to 30% energy savings.
3. A camera monitoring system to keep observing the rooftop of the Metro and also its wheels. (First time introduced in Metro)
4. An Ethernet-based microprocessor communication system to enable fast and efficient communication with control rooms and train operators. (First time introduced in Metro)
5. A framework that can successfully operate its air conditioning system in ambient temperatures as high as 50-degree Celsius (While other metros are compatible only for ambient temperatures as high as for 45-degree Celsius)
6. A design speed of successfully running at 90 kmph. (Although it would run at 35 kmph)
7. A set of smoke detectors to prevent fire hazards and detect if anyone is smoking in the Lucknow Metro.
Lucknow Residents Rejoice
Present day Lucknow is full of enthusiasm. Lucknow residents get to travel in Lucknow Metro, which has been functional for the common public since September 6, 2017.
The Lucknow Metro has provided speed and flexibility to daily commuters in the one-year-old Metro City. The city bus services will be connecting the remote areas to the metro station.
First Phase Of Lucknow Metro
Presently LMRC is operating for one line. The facts associated with Lucknow metro train running in the first phase are:
1. It connects 8 stations, with a total run of 8.4 km from Transport Nagar to Charbagh.
2. Each metro comprises of 6 coaches and every next metro arrives at a gap of 7 mins.
3. It forms the Blue line of the Lucknow Metro, a part of the North South corridor.
4. It facilitates the commotion of 1310 passengers in a single metro.
5. The minimum fare between two traveling stations is Rs. 10 and the Metro card is available for just Rs. 200.
6. The announcements in the train will be made in 3 languages - Hindi, English, and Urdu.
7. While traveling in the metro, the passengers have to maintain the cleanliness and ensure the security of the Metro, as well as the Metro stations.
8. There are fines and punishments that would be levied if anyone violates the rules.
The successful operation of Blue line for a year is definitely a great achievement for the city of Lucknow.
The Lucknow residents are rejoicing and waiting for the expansion of the Lucknow Metro.
Expansion of Lucknow Metro
For LMRC, the challenging task is to extend the metro services to other regions of the city. If you think of old Lucknow, the streets and colonies are unplanned as well as densely populated.
There's hardly any place to construct roads or sewer lines. In such a scenario construction of Lucknow Metro is a herculean task.
But, if you remember, the same situation came up in Old Delhi. And DMRC has solved it very well.
So, the expansion of Lucknow Metro is proposed in areas in a priority order such that the important markets, office areas and educational spots are connected first.
The work is going on in Hazratganj area, where the metro will be underground. However, it is believed that old buildings will be affected by this construction.
LMRC (Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation) Adds Parking Lots
The Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation has planned parking slots at some prominent stations of the priority section (Blue line).
This includes the 300 vehicle parking facility at Transport Nagar metro station and 60 to 70 vehicle facility near Polytechnic college of Krishna Nagar.
The aim of LMRC (Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation) behind providing parking area to metro commuters is to ease commuting.
It enables people to come to stations through their own vehicle, park it at the facility and then catch a metro till the destination to give them the last mile connectivity.
They are looking for space near other metro stations too. All these parking lots are and will be operated by LMRC staff and agencies.
There is much more yet to be discovered but Lucknow is geared up to enjoy the Metro services. It is really exciting to see the rush that packs the Lucknow metro stations.
Let us hope that more and more areas get connected via the metro.
And we find every mile happy traveling with the Lucknow metro!