Lucknow Mahotsav is the most awaited festival for the denizen of the new-found metro city (Lucknow). People wait for Lucknow Mahotsav for the whole year. It brings to them many cultural activities and events, besides a wonderful exhibition and recreational activities.
Lucknow Mahotsav 2018
The 2018 Lucknow Mahotsav has started from 25th November 2018 and will end on 5th December 2018. Lucknowites have finally found the time of the year when they can go out enjoying with their family and friends.
Lucknow Mahotsav is not only about the products that are on display. Although these products come from all over the country, the factor of glitz and glamour is what increases its stature and magnitude.
Last year’s compensation will be paid in Lucknow Mahotsav 2018
Last year in 2017, due to elections, this festival was held but did not have everything as best. Later, this year in January 2018, it was held in Awadh Shilp Gram, under the name of UP Mahotsav.
The venue for Lucknow Mahotsav 2018 is Smriti Upvan near Bangla Bazar Road, Aashiyana, Lucknow.
This decision has been taken under the guidance and support of DM Kaushal Raj Sharma, in the first meeting for Mahotsav's activities on September 2018.
As the preparations went ahead in full swing, the Lucknow Mahotsav 2018 was inaugurated by UP CM Yogi Aditya Nath on 25th November 2018.
Festival has become expensive
Just like old times, Lucknow Mahotsav is a 10-day long extravaganza. The doors of Lucknow Mahotsav will be open from 25th November to 5th December 2018.
The festival will also affect the pockets of the people who’ll wish to attend it because the ticket price has been raised form Rupees 10 to Rupees 20.
Also, the price of Lucknow Mahotsav seasonal ticket has been increased from Rupees 50 to Rupees 100. Not just this, the stall booking amount has also increased from Rupees 25,000 to Rupees 30,000.
Since the charges have increased, Nagar Nigam has ensured to take special care for the cleanliness and give the public access to free wi-fi also. There are selfie points where people can click their selfies.
It celebrates the loving memory of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
2018 Lucknow Mahotsav is dedicated to India’s former Prime Minister, Late Atal Bihari Vajpayee. 'Atal Virasat and Atal Sanskriti’ is the theme of Lucknow Mahotsav this year.
This has been done to let people know more about the contributions of Late Atal Bihari Vajpayee to India. There is a set-up of his village, where he used to live. There are many pictures dedicated to him.
There is a public display of his favorite paintings, his musical choice and many other things which were close to him. Anyone and everyone would miss a leader like him.
Lucknow Mahotsav brings everything for every age group
Lucknow Mahotsav is known for bringing together culture, arts, handicrafts, recreation, food, and interaction. It has some unseen glimpses of the city and even the state, that drag people from their comfort zone to visit this festival.
The schedule of Lucknow Mahotsav is released much earlier so that people can allot time from their busy schedule for the events they want to attend. Many celebrities perform in Lucknow Mahotsav leaving the public spellbound.
This year, Punjabi superhit singer Guru Randhawa, youth sensation Shirley Setia along with Sufi master Jawed Ali, will entertain the public. But that’s not it. Folk songs lover will see Malini Awasthi spreading her charm in Lucknow Mahotsav 2018.
There are many other events like Kawwali and Mushaera in Lucknow Mahotsav 2018 schedule. Here is a gist of what all is in store:
Schedule for 2018 Lucknow Mahotsav's Activities:
- 25th Nov, 2018: Classical Night by Nitish Bhardwaj
- 26th Nov, 2018: Indo-Foreign Rock Night by Solitaire Band
- 27th Nov, 2018: Bhajan Sandhya by Maithili Thakur and Kishore Chaturvedi
- 28th Nov, 2018: Kavi Sammelan by Hariom Pawar, Anamika Amber, Kavita Tiwari
- 29th Nov, 2018: Sufi Night by Jawed Ali
- 30th Nov, 2018: Mushaera by Waseem Barelvi, Johar Kanpuri, and Shabina Abeed
- 1st Dec, 2018: Bhojpuri Night by Pawan Singh
- 2nd Dec, 2018: Awadhi Night by Malini Awasthi
- 3rd Dec, 2018: Bollywood Night by Brijesh Shandilya and Sherley Setia
- 4th Dec, 2018: Punjabi Night by Guru Randhawa
- 5th Dec, 2018: Classical Night by Soma Ghosh.
There are many activities other than above that will take place between 25th Nov to 4th Dec, 2018 but not at the Lucknow Mahotsav venue.
Events that will take place other than Lucknow Mahotsav:
- 25th Nov, 2018: Boat Rally at Nishatganj Barrage
- 27th Nov, 2018: Kite Festival at Jhulelal Park near Nadwa
- 28th Nov, 2018: Vintage Car Rally from Hazratganj to Hussainabad
- 29th Nov, 2018: Drama Festival at Rai Bali Umanath Auditorium, Kaiserbagh
- 1st Dec, 2018: Rifle Shooting at Nadarganj Shooting Range, Kanpur Road
- 2nd Dec, 2018: Women Car Rally from Hazratganj to Hussainabad
- 3rd Dec, 2018: National Wrestling place is not yet decided
- 4th Dec, 2018: Ikka Tonga Race from Hazratganj to Hussainabad.
Lucknow Mahotsav has been in heart of every citizen of this city. People love to explore and learn new things about their culture and this festival amazes them every time.
But if you don’t live in Lucknow, you need not to have a small heart. Winter is always special when you are in Lucknow. So, make it worth your visit!
If you still have not visited the Lucknow Mahotsav, don't worry, the festival is extended. Lucknow Mahotsav is now extended till 9th of December, 2018(Sunday).
Though the cultural programs and other events are ended but you can enjoy a healthy sale as the prices will now be a bit down than as they were earlier.
Muskuraiye ki aap Lucknow mein hai!