This single little word brings a hurricane of thoughts in our minds. From pre-wedding preparations to Suhaag Raat, we all have our own fantasies. But the best part of married life starts when a daughter becomes someone's daughter-in-law.
There are thousands of expectations from the newly wedded bride. The in-laws have expectations higher than the coconut tree. Amidst all this, the most special relationship in the new house is what a girl shares with her mother-in-law
No doubt they love each other unconditionally, but only a few saas-bahu show up their feelings. Talking of the Indian society, the 'saas- bahu’ relation has always been a hot topic for discussion. It is something that has inspired daily soaps to run for years and years!
When we talk about society, I wonder is Sharma ji ki bahu also on the top?
From daily soaps to kitty parties the saas-bahu relation is always highlighted and loaded with special effects and extra spices and served hot with tea.
So how can we stay back?
Feeding trends is here with Jerry devi ka gyaan. Today we will see how to recognize that your husband's mother is your mother-in-law or your second mother. You will notice the differences between mother and mother in law once you go through the following.
1. If she is a typical Indian mother-in-law she won't be able to see you relaxing and will end up giving you work one after the other. Such mom-in-laws are from Hitler's school!
2. She won't be able to sleep if you are sleeping peacefully. Instead of completing her 8 hours of sleep she'll count how many extra hours you slept. Peace is rare in this world you see.
3. And after working for hours, you can't even expect her to look after your kids. Her motherly instinct suddenly disappears when she sees your baby crying. Why, mummy ji, why?
4. She won't ever favor you by making dinner. You come back home from work and do the needful. Try asking her to cook for you and you'll be served with some piping hot slangs.
5. If you don't live together, she’ll always complaint that you never call knowing that you were busy with your work. And she herself won't ever call you up. Huge difference between a mom and mom-in-law.
Dear, she may act like a typical Indian saas, but it is said that for a successful relationship both ends need to invest love equally.
You must show your love, respect and care towards her and so will she. Don't be her daughter-in-law, become her daughter and see the changes. Put in your efforts to transform your mother-in-law to your second mom.
And to all the mommies, don't forget 'aap bhi kabhi bahu thi’!
Kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi!