Bill Murray is one of the most distinguished Hollywood actors, comedian, voice actor, filmmaker, and also a writer.
Bill Murray had earned a lot of fame from the show Saturday Night Live that had earned him, his very first Emmy Award. Bill Murray's famous roles are ‘Groundhog Day’, ‘Meatballs’, ‘Ghostbuster Series’, ‘Caddyshack’, 'What About Bob?' and many more.
He received honors such as the ‘Golden Globe Award’, ‘BAFTA Award’, ‘Independent Spirit Awards’, and several other Critic awards from societies based in Chicago, Boston, Toronto, and New York.
He was also nominated for other important honors such as ‘Academy Award’, ‘MTV Movie Award’, ‘Gotham Award’ and ‘Screen Actors Guild Award’.
So here we bring you tons of Bill Murray quotes that have the power to change your life and will help you when you are tired and all you need is a little push, a little inspiration, a smile on the face, or a change of mood. These Bill Murray quotes exist just to do that.
1. Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you’re donating blood.
To get close to 100 % every time, the right knowledge, hard work, and dedication will be required.
The first one from Bill Murray quotes, tell us that whatever you do, do it with passion and pure dedication.
2. If you bite on everything they throw at you They will grind you down. You have to ignore a certain amount of stuff.
People will criticize you whenever they get a chance. Especially when you try to do something different from others.
Just ignore them and their negative thoughts.
3. The secret is to have a sense of yourself, your real self, your unique self. And not just once in a while, or once a day but all through the day, the week, and the life.
These Bill Murray quotes suggest you stop living your life based on what others do.
One of the greatest mistakes of your life is being what others want you to be, instead of being yourself.
4. We are in this life and if you’re not available, the sort of ordinary time goes past and you didn't live it. But if you’re available, life gets huge. You are really living it.
You only live once and to live is the rarest thing you do in this world.
So live your life to the fullest, enjoy every single moment of your life.
5. The more relaxed you’re, the better you are everything; the better you’re with your loved ones the better you’re with your enemies, the better you’re at your job, the better you’re with yourself.
Just relax, don't make things too complicated.
In this stressful and fast-pacing world, it will help you to handle things positively and also minimize stress.
6. Social media is training us to compare our lives, instead of appreciating everything we are. No wonder why everyone is always depressed.
Well, various apps are made to share your thoughts or opinions, but nowadays social media has become a source of a show-off.
Not only it snatches your time, but it also teaches you attention deficiency.
Bill Murray's quotes always motivate you to be yourself.
7. Keep seeing the glass half-full and it will dawn upon you that it’s probably your turn to buy.
Forget about what you have lost instead focus on what you have.
Whether your glass is half full or half empty, always remind yourself that hope can fill it up.
8. Knowledge is like underwear. It is useful to have it, but not necessary to show it.
Knowledge is like a fuel you cannot run your life without proper knowledge.
It becomes a serious problem when you use your knowledge to belittle people and think you are the king of the world.
9. It’s extremely powerful to say no; it’s really the most powerful thing to say.
We learned that saying “no” is considered to be impolite or inappropriate and often we feel guilty or regret it afterward.
This Bill Murray quote advises you to say No if you are not comfortable with it.
10. This does not dress rehearsal, this is your life.
Life is not a dress rehearsal, it is extremely precious and limited.
Don’t ruin it, do what makes you happy. Stop making excuses for not doing the things you want to do.
11. Religion is the worst enemy of mankind. Not a single war in history has killed as many people as religion has killed.
Religion often divides people, using it as a political agenda to spread hate among peoples.
Religion has been considered the most pressing problem affecting mankind.
12. People are like music, some speak the truth and others are just noise.
The only truth is music, nothing is as beautiful and true as music.
The same applies to people, some speak the truth and some only make noise.
13. Melancholy is a kind of sweet sometimes, I think. It’s not a negative thing. It’s not a mean thing. It’s just something that happens in life, like autumn.
Suffering and disappointment are not there to cheapen or deprive us, in fact, they will help us to be more mature, good, gentle, and loving.
14. You can't think about what you're going to do. It just gets in the way. You have to be just available for life, otherwise, you're not bringing anything to the party. So I don't lie awake thinking about what I'm going to do workwise. There's just too much going on.
Sometimes all you need is just a break. Don’t worry about the future.
Breathe and allow things to pass.
15. Grab this day by the neck and kiss it.
A mantra from Bill Murray depicts that this the day, this the opportunity, either win it or lose it.
16. Somewhere there's a score being kept, so you have an obligation to live life as well as you can, be as engaged as you can.
This quote of Bill Murray shows the human condition in various aspects.
This means that sometimes we have to forget what the hell we are doing.
17. When the phone started ringing too many times, I had to take it back to what I can handle. I take my chances on a job or a person as opposed to a situation. I don't like to have a situation placed over my head.
Life is full of difficulties, do not let it fill with anxiety.
In life when surrounded by difficulties always remember to be calm, be positive, and don’t let it overburden your soul.
18. We're born alone. We do need each other. It's lonely to really effectively live your life, and anyone you can get help from or give help to; that's part of your obligation.
This Bill Murray quote reflects the reality of our life. We are born alone in this universe, but we need each other. We can’t live alone without others' support.
19. I realized the more fun I had, the more relaxed I was working, the better I worked.
This Bill Murray quote suggests you to take a break and have fun.
There’s a difference between doing your work and enjoying your work.
Thus these quotes depict that the more you enjoy doing your work, the better you will do.
20. When I work, my first relationship with people is professional.
Another Bill Murray quote which gives you the most important advice of your life, never mix your personal life with your professional life.
21. I think all phases of one's career are serious if you take it seriously no matter if you are doing high-profile dramatic pieces or not.
It doesn't matter how slowly you do, what exactly matters is that what are you going to do where you want to be.
22. Everyone needs to take a vacation from the sort of automatic things you do.
There comes a time in your life when you become older and you miss a few things like a vacation.
You deserve a stress-free life.
23. The automatic things you do are basically those things that keep you from doing the better things you need to do.
Never stop doing little things.
In order to do big things, first, we need to do these little things.
24. I feel like I'm a better person when I'm quieter.
These Bill Murray quotes suggest that a meaningful silence is way better than a meaningless word.
25. If people really want to find you, they find you.
You don’t have to play hide and seek.
If you want the world to find out what a fantastic person you are, you'll have a hard time acting like the web's best-kept secret.
26. Well, the past is gone, I know that. The future isn't here yet, whatever it's going to be. So, all there is this. The present. That's it.
Live in the present and make it more beautiful and memorable.
Learn to accept the past and don’t cry over it. It’s gone. And the future hasn’t arrived.
27. Every moment that you share someone else's pain, feel what they feel, makes you more human.
Life is about love and sometimes sharing someone else's pain and spreading love is all that you need to do.
28. I think we're all sort of imprisoned by - or at least bound to - the choices we make... You want to say no at the right time and you want to say 'yes' more sparingly.
These Bill Murray quotes suggest you find something you have an interest in and never stop doing it.
29. I think if you can take care of yourself, and then maybe try to take care of someone else, that's sort of how you're supposed to live.
Genuinely caring about others, running the risk of feeling, and leaving an impact on peoples is what brings true happiness.
30. Well it's hard to be yourself, it's the hardest job there is.
Never be ashamed of yourself.
In a world that is full of facade peoples, it is the greatest achievement to be yourself.
31. People usually go through a bad period when they first get successful. You're new and you're hot and things go wrong.
Nothing is permanent in this world. Use your failure as an inspiration. It is an important part of your growth.
32. Life is a game, and it's much more fun if you play it as your own game, so stay light and loose and relaxed.
Life is a game, you should know how to play it.
Either you can be a player or a toy.
33. You're supposed to have one hand up and one hand down. As you're trying to go up, you're trying to pull someone up at the same time.
You don’t need a reason to help others.
We rise by lifting others, if you want to lift yourself try to lift someone else.
34. Friendship is so weird. You just pick a human you've met and you're like, 'Yep, I like this one,' and you just do stuff with them.
A real friendship is not about whom you have known the longest, it's about having that one person who never left your side.
This Bill Murray quote speaks the fact!
35. I made a lot of mistakes and realized I had to let them go. Don’t think about your errors or your failures otherwise, you’ll never do a thing.
We made a lot of mistakes in our lives and don’t waste your time grieving over past mistakes.
Focus on the positive and you will find your success.
36. You can handle just about anything that comes at you out on the road with a believable grin, common sense, and whiskey.
Life has so many ups and downs.
And success comes in your life when you refuse to give up on your goals.
37. Common sense is like deodorant. The people who need it most never use it.
Common sense is the most limited of all the other natural resources.
It is like a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden.
38. Life is so damn short. For f*ck’s sake, just do what makes you happy.
Stop worrying, life is too short to argue and fight. Live your life you want to be.
You don’t know when your last day is.
39. If you can consciously let yourself get taken and see where you go, that’s an exercise. That’s discipline. To follow the scent. Let yourself go and see what happens, that takes a bit of courage.
Go with the flow of things, do not struggle or stress out and you will find yourself.
40. The last time doesn’t exist. It’s only this time. And everything is going to be different this time. There’s only now.
This Bill Murray quote suggests that we have to decide what to do with this given time.
41. Most people, when they talk fast, they get flat.
These Bill Murray quotes depict that if anything happens in your life according to your plan, then you will never be able to learn and never able to grow.
42. Different vodkas have different effects. Some make you feel a little poly-lingual. Some make you feel like you want to talk back to someone who’s giving you a hard time. Some make you feel like lifting kettlebells.
You cannot control other people's thoughts or actions.
All you can do is to make your own choices and what you do with your life.
43. I don’t have to take this abuse from you — I have hundreds of people waiting in line to abuse me!
Don’t let anyone overpower your thoughts or opinions.
The insults, criticisms, and accusations slowly eat away your self-esteem.
44. The best way to teach your kids about taxes is by eating 30 percent of their ice cream.
This Bill Murray quote says that you will never know the value of something until it becomes a memory.
Don’t take anything for granted, show your appreciation.
45. You can tell how boring a person is by the lack of fear in their eyes when someone is flipping through photos on their phone.
These Bill Murray quotes say that do the things that you fear and keep doing it until you conquer the fear.
46. It just doesn’t matter! It just doesn’t matter!
This Bill Murray quote depicts that it doesn’t matter what people think about you.
Just ignore them and their negative views and opinions do as your heart says.
47. Something wild can happen to anybody and I caution anybody that walks out on the street, just settle your accounts before you leave the house every day.
Life is uncertain. You don’t know what will happen in the future.
So live your life to the fullest and cherish each and every moment with your loved ones.
48. I always want to say to people who want to be rich and famous:' Try being rich first.' See if that doesn't cover most of it.
There’s not much of being rich just paying taxes or relatives asking for money.
Being rich is more than being famous.
You might not like it at first, but deep down we all want what is Bill Murray's quote says.
49. This really should be kept secret, but you can learn a lot by watching the making-of DVDs. Every actor should do it. You figure out what you're dealing with.
Before starting doing anything, just learn about it and gain some knowledge of that particular thing.
50. It's hard to be an artist. It's hard to be anything. It's hard to be.
This Bill Murray quote says that before you do anything there occur so many negative predictions and thoughts in your mind, that it's hard to do.
Believe in yourself and do it.
51. People say I’m difficult and sometimes that’s a badge of honor.
Don’t be afraid of being different, embrace it. People will always classify you, put that aside and concentrate on yourself.
Here we conclude the list of Bill Murray's quotes, which will keep you motivated throughout your life.
Murray is such an appealing onscreen presence. These Bill Murray quotes will open a treasure of wisdom and experiences.
I hope you enjoyed and got motivated by this list of Bill Murray's quotes.
Do like and share to inspire others as well.