Will Smith, an actor, producer, rapper, songwriter, and philanthropist, has a trail record of success in the entertainment field, started as a rapper under the name The Fresh Prince with moderate success. But he quickly rose to fame with the launch of his career in 'The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.'
After the series ended, he starred in several Hollywood blockbusters like Men In Black, The Pursuit of Happiness, Ali, Bad boys, and iRobot. He's the only actor to have eight consecutive movies to earn more than $100 million at the box office.
Newsweek has called him the most powerful actor in Hollywood, while Forbes named him the most bankable star worldwide, marking him as one of the world's richest actors.
Through his films, His talent, his love for life, and his speeches, mixed with stubbornness and a positive mindset, are what have helped elevate him to where he is today, becoming an inspiration and a role model to millions of people worldwide.
Will Smith's quote and saying are shared all over the internet. His words of wisdom are filled with what it takes to achieve success. He is incredibly insightful in achieving your dreams in life that will inspire you to live an extraordinary life.
Here are 40 powerful Will Smith quotes that inspire you to live a fantastic life:
1) The first step is you have to say that you can.
This quote expresses that many factors will contribute to your success, but self-belief is the most significant factor. A lack of belief in yourself will limit you no matter what. Nothing can be achieved without believing in yourself first. You have to believe in yourself first before anyone else ever does!
2) Don't chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing, and work hard. The right people - the ones who really belong in your life -- will come to you. And stay.
At times you may become malleable, attempting to fit into different groups and impress the wrong people. Here, this quote illustrates the idea of chasing your ideal self, and you'll attract the people that truly deserve to be a part of your life.
3) I've never really viewed myself as particularly talented. I've viewed myself as slightly above average in talent. And where I excel is ridiculous, sickening work ethic.
Thanks to Will Smith's obsession with practice and preparation, he considered himself an 'average talent' who achieved a tremendous amount of success. Will Smith quotes religiously about hard work and urges fans to dream massive and strive for success through persistence.
4) Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your life.
Just think, how many minutes, and often hours, you spend every day, dwelling on what the person said and that person did. We let people and circumstances control our lives and become unfocused and inefficient at doing work. That's time you could use for something far more constructive than dwelling in what already has passed.
5) Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.
Will Smith quotes focus on the idea of not just believing in yourself but living a life that's not influenced by others' thoughts. It's usually the ones with far less net worth trying to flaunt their wealth, people having money don't usually flash chains or cloths. These people tend to be smart, and they invest cash into something that can benefit them long term.
6) If you're not making someone else's life better than you are wasting your time.
Sometimes you're not able to improve someone's life to the same extent as another person. Still, this quote means that you should always be working towards helping others and determining the most extraordinary way to positively impact your life and others' lives.
7) Life isn't how many breaths you take, but it's the moments that take your breath away.
Try to reflect the ambitious mentality this quote holds back onto yourself. You don't have to care about the number of years left to live on earth, but you need to cherish the moments in your life and treat every day like your last chasing the moments in life.
8) You can't be scared to die for the truth. The truth is the only thing that is ever going to be constant.
The question here arises if the truth really is constant, though? The answer will be along the lines of multiple contradictory 'truths'. The truth can exist depending on one's perspective and one's point in time. As many things change over time and reality can change with them. However, truth is constant, lies are variable.
9) Never underestimate the pain of a person, because, in all honesty, everyone is struggling. Some people are just better at hiding it than others.
We people are not supposed to hide our pain, but society moulds us like this, keeps adding up until people are too afraid of being judged or being called weak to even show their pains as others can cause us harm after knowing what hurts us.
10) Being realistic is the most commonly travelled road to mediocrity.
This quote by Will Smith reminds us that being realistic isn't doing any favours for your ambitions. Sometimes you need that particular kind of practical approach to think that, maybe you can actually accomplish what you've dreamed of.
11) Money & success don't change people; they merely amplify what is already there.
First of all, it needs to clear that chasing money and success doesn't change you. It doesn't work that way. The money and success you eventually gain won't change your life. It'll only make it easier. So, Be confident, even without the money or status.
12) The only thing that I see that is distinctly different about me is, I am not afraid to die on a treadmill. You might have more talent than me, you might be smarter than me. But if we get on the treadmill together, there are two things. You are getting off first. Or I am going to die. It's that simple.
This quote is from one of his interviews. If you haven't watched it, go watch it now. Throughout the interview, he talks about self-confidence and determination. The interview sums up as a casual reminder for you for once, to Just be You!
13) I don’t know what my calling is, but I want to be here for a bigger reason. I strive to be like the greatest people who have ever lived.
You're never too young or too old to aim high and achieve great things. The key to success is for you to know that you're capable. You are capable of more than you know.
14) The things that have been most valuable to me I did not learn in school.
Schooling is an essential step in life where you learn different things and understand yourself and the world around you. However, the most valuable lessons and insight that make you successful in life occur outside the classroom's controlled atmosphere.
15) If you’re not willing to work hard, let someone else do it. I’d rather be with someone who does a horrible job, but gives 110% than with someone who does a good job and gives 60%.
Will Smith quotes reflect the importance of dedication over perfection. Because, if you are dedicated, you will achieve perfection somehow.
16) The first step before anyone else in the world believes it is you have to believe it.
Remove your self-doubt and believe in yourself, you can surely achieve great things when you don't let others tell you what you can't do. Don't let the constraints of others limit your success and achievements.
17) If you’re absent during my struggle, don’t expect to be present during my success.
This quote elucidates the real and fake friends. When times are hard, it is easy to tell who your real friends are, Fairweather friends may have your back during the good times in life. Still, if the tide turns these people are the first to run for the hills to put distance between you and over time, you realize that some people aren’t worth it anymore for you to share your achievements and benefits during your success.
18) Life is lived on the edge.
Will Smith quotes advise facing your fears of letting go and jumping into the unknown. You have to do the things you’ve never done before and to live in every given moment so you can change yourself. Living on the edge brings out the best in yourself and the best in the world around you.
19) And where I excel is ridiculous, sickening, work ethic. You know, while the other guy’s sleeping? I’m working.
You have to work hard and have a certain sense of purpose for turning your dreams into reality. Consistent hard work will undoubtedly lead to success.
20) The separation of talent and skill is one of the greatest misunderstood concepts for people who are trying to excel, who have dreams, who want to do things—talent you have naturally. Skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft.
Here, Will Smith is basically saying that you need to continually work at your chosen craft to enhance the qualities that can help you grow your career fast. With effort and commitment, you can hone your skills and be in a better place in the days to come.
21) Don't ever let someone tell you that you can't do something. You got a dream, you gotta protect it. When people can't do something themselves, they are going to tell you that you can't do it. You want something, go get it. Period.
Simply, Don't ever let someone tell you, you can't do something. Follow your dreams, embrace change and live doing what you love.
22) Greatness is not this wonderful, esoteric, elusive, godlike feature that only the special among us will ever taste, it's something that truly exists in all of us...
... Sitting with Ali, sitting with Nelson Mandela, it’s very simple. This is what I believe, and I’m willing to die for it. Period.
In this quote by Will Smith, he shares his belief that there is greatness in us. It would be best if you had the power to recognize it. He also urges people never to let fear go unchallenged while chasing their dreams.
23) Ten ways to love: listen, speak, give, pray, answer, share, enjoy, trust, forgive, promise.
In this quote by Will Smith, he urges people to practice these ten ways to love and live a fantastic life.
24) Sometimes you have to forget what's gone, appreciate what still remains, and look forward to what's coming next.
Sometimes we forget to appreciate little things that have been given to us because we are too busy thinking about the future. But, take a moment to think about the great little things that come to you. Let go of the past and always think about what to look forward to the next time.
25) Self-discipline is the center of all material success.
One of the essential requirements for achieving goals is to develop self-discipline in life. Self-discipline allows you to stay focused and gives you the power to stick to your decisions and follow them through, without changing your mind.
26) You can’t win the war against the world if you can’t win the war against your own mind.
Your mind is a war zone, and you are always under attack by the negativity surrounding yourself. But you don't become a prisoner in your mind unless you choose to be. Those days can be over. That's your call. Change your thinking. Change your life!
27) There’s two kinds of people in this world.There’s hammers and nails.You decide what to be
This Will Smith quote is from the movie Focus starring Margot Robbie and Will Smith. However, the quote states that there are two types of people, but it is crucial to choose whether to be a hammer and a nail wisely. And always be prepared to be a hammer and a nail. That is to be a learner and an instructor.
28) Let your smile change the world. Don’t let the world change your smile.
In this quotation by Will Smith, he advises people to be firm and not let the world change your good character. Let your positive attitude and smile affect a change to people around you. Don't let lousy influence from people around you affect your smile and personality.
29) Whatever your dream is, every extra penny you have needs to be going to that.
Here this quote explains the concept of ‘Pay Yourself First’.Choose and set the amount you wish to save every month based on your convenience and keep the target of this transfer to turn your dream into reality.
30) You can cry, ain't no shame in it.
We often experience emotions such as anxiety, rage, sorrow, or pain – we find ourselves holding back tears. All because of our desire to appear as firm, rather than weak. However, the idea that crying is a sign of weakness is entirely false. Being able to cry is a sign of strength, and there's no shame in it.
31) When you create art, the world has to wait.
Give yourself the time and patience to mould the art you are creating. While creating, try to be better at those things than other people.
32) There’s no reason to have a plan B cause it distracts from plan A.
Most people cling to the phrase, “If you don’t have a plan B, you don’t have a plan.” However, according to a recent study, having a contingency plan could weaken your initial success.
33) At the center of bringing any dream into fruition is self-discipline.
Yet again in this quote, Will Smith stresses the idea of self-discipline. With self-discipline most anything is possible. By constant self-discipline and self-control, you can develop greatness of character.
34) Boys laugh at what they put girls through, but they don't be laughing when they're wiping tears off their daughter's face for the same reason.
This Will Smith quote has a message for boys who think it's funny to tease or make fun of girls about their appearance or body. This quote also illustrates how parenting brings out the best in men, which's been valid for actor Will Smith.
35) I want to represent the idea that you really can make what you want. I believe I can create whatever I want to create.
If you believe you can make a difference in this world, don't be afraid to try. The first step toward making a difference is to step out of your comfort zone and create what you believe.
36) There are so many people who have lived and died before you. You will never have a new problem; you’re not going to ever have a new problem. Somebody wrote the answer down in a book somewhere.
You can learn from the experience of others. Other people have had your same experiences, and you can learn from them to avoid making the same mistakes.
37) Smiling is the best way to face every problem, to crush every fear, and to hide every pain.
Out of the six basic emotions: anger, disgust, enjoyment, fear, sadness, and surprise, the most potent and profound facial expression of them all is the smile. When life gives you a hundred problems, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile and face every problem life offers.
38) The keys to life are running and reading. When you’re running, there’s a little person that talks to you and says, “Oh I’m tired. My lung’s about to pop. I’m so hurt....... There’s no way I can possibly continue.” You want to quit. If you learn how to defeat that person when you’re running. You will know how to not quit when things get hard in your life.
Will power is everything. If you can fight with the negativity building in you, you can fight with everything else.
39) Don’t ever let someone tell you that you can’t do something. You got a dream, you gotta protect it. When people can’t do something themselves, they are going to tell you that you can’t do it. You want something, go get it. Period.
It is one of the most famous quotes by Will Smith. You need to make efforts and fight for it. Nobody can take away what you deserve.
40) Throughout life, people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.
This quote by Will Smith portrays -The destructive power of hate. Hate is a mighty strong emotion and if one finds themselves wrapped up in the arms of hate, knows how damaging and mind-consuming it can become. The more you hold onto hatred, the more likely the hot coal of the emotion will burn you. So, Let go of the hate before it consumes you.
Will Smith has done such countless diverse roles, and he has been impressive in almost all genres he has been a part of providing words of wisdom at every opportunity he gets. Will Smith's success wasn't something that he achieved by sheer luck. He puts so much hard work in everything he does.
It is visible as he is the only actor in the world to have eight consecutive movies grossing over $100 Million in the domestic box office, 11 films grossing over $150 million internationally. He is the four times Grammy Awards winner and has been nominated for 5 Golden Globe Awards.
I'm pretty sure that these Will Smith quotes will inspire and motivate you to live a fantastic life.
- 25 Will Smith Movies That Belong To The Most Powerful Actor In Hollywood
- 35 Harvey Specter Quotes That Are Powerful, Badass And Help You Work
- 38 Best War Movies From Hollywood That Are Intense And Emotional
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events