No doubt, that the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 made it a rough year for everyone. But if you are reading this article then that only means that your business was able to survive the pandemic and thrive to this point where you require hiring new employees.
Congratulations, on that! For the year 2021, the pandemic has made you realize that your hiring process needs some improvement.
Refined recruitment processes are a well-organized, productive, and pleasant method for the candidates as well as the hiring teams.
Here are some ways that might help you with your hiring process.
1. Creating job ads
- Provide enough details about the job role: While creating the job ad, mention all the projects that your newly recruited member is expected to do, the teams they will have to work with, and the activities they will be managing.
Cleary gives a list of skills the new employee must have, which are needed for the job role.
- Job title: Choose a short and crisp job title that says it all. The job title needs to be straightforward.
- The language used in the job description: The language that you use for describing the job role and the qualities you expect in your newly recruited employee, must be all said in a formal and professional tone. Your language says a lot about your brand.
If your brand supports diversity, mention that in the description box. Avoid using complicated sentences and try to keep your words as simple as possible. Do not use discriminatory words like ‘young’, etc.
- Company Promotion: Make your company stand out and unique so that the candidates are compelled to apply for the job. Be specific in the company needs and the company success details.
2. Candidate Sourcing
Even after being employed, many people still want to hear about new and exciting job opportunities.
- Use social media for boosting your candidate sourcing: Social media is a great place if you are trying to advertise your company. Follow conversations, create engagements, post good content on your page and look for people with the skills and expertise you need for the job openings that your company is having.
- Attend Events: Go to industry events, conferences, and meet-ups, that the professionals you want to hire might attend.
- Referrals: Getting referrals is often a good way to gain professional and high-quality candidates. You can craft and upload a referral program with reward money or incentives.
- Purchase sourcing tools: You can invest in sourcing tools =, which intern can help you get in contact with qualified candidates.
3. Improve Recruitment Efficiency
- Organize your hiring process: Create a checklist and use it to screen calls so you have all the information you need before speaking to the candidates.
- Personalized emails: You can create personalized emails using catchy templates and invite potential candidates for the interview.
- And lastly, you can anytime invest in recruiting software to get high-quality candidates to apply for your interview.
4. Finding the most eligible candidate
According to me, this is the trickiest part of the whole recruitment process.
- Review Sample works: You can either evaluate the work samples given in a candidate’s portfolio, or you can assign the candidate with some works for you to evaluate the work before selecting the candidate for the job.
- Create tests: Assign candidates for taking some standardized tests. This can help you in reducing the number of candidates that you are interviewing at the end of the day. This can be the first round in your selection process, where you can shortlist candidates for the next round with whom you can conduct a one on one interview.
Improving your company’s ongoing hiring process is the best way to get good quality candidates for your company. Your employees are the backbones of your company, so hiring high-quality employees are important for your company to flourish.