Warren Edward Buffett is a name familiar to one and all. The 7th richest person in the world with a net worth of $84 billion (2020), an American business tycoon, a philanthropist, one of the most successful investors on the planet and the Chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway has made his name in this world with his pure genius of understanding about investing and business.
His business ideas and plans are considered all across the globe. So, for all those people eagerly waiting to know those golden words, we have curated a list of 51 Warren Buffett quotes on investing, business, and success for you to climb up that ladder of money and success.
Warren Buffett is regarded as one of the best investors in the world. His experience and expertise in money related domains is unmated. He has given so many wonderful ideas and suggestions which speak volumes of his knowledge. So, here we bring a list of some of the wisest Warren Buffett quotes on investing, business, and success.
Warren Buffett Quotes on Investing and Business
1) Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget rule No.1.
2) Remember that the stock market is a manic depressive.
3) Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.
All Warren Buffett quotes coin the significance of time and money. Here, he says that everything valuable has a price. You will never pay for something that doesn't has value.
4) Beware the investment activity that produces applause; the great moves are usually greeted by yawns.
5) Risk comes from not knowing what you are doing.
This Warren Buffett quote along with being helped in investing is also a life teaching. Whatever you do in your life, it is very important to know about it. Everything should be crystal clear so that you can move ahead with success.
6) Never invest in a business you cannot understand.
Understanding every type of business is not really practical and realistic. You have to observe what kind of business you fully know about or get before stepping to invest in it. Do not make this mistake by remembering this wise quote by Warren Buffett.
7) In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.
8) It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price, than a fair company at a wonderful price.
9) If a business does well, the stock eventually follows.
10) Only buy something that you'd be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years.
11) Calling someone who trades actively in the market an investor is like calling someone who repeatedly engages in one-night stands a romantic.
12) The stock market is designed to transfer money from the active to the patient.
Patience is the Key. The person who holds this key will be the one to open the locks in the stock market. Simply stated by this quote Of Warren Buffettt the stock market is not for the impatient.
13) If you aren't thinking about owning a stock for 10 years, don't even think about owning it for 10 minutes.
14) Our favorite holding period is forever.
15) An investor should act as though he had a lifetime decision card with just twenty punches on it.
Implementing as this Warren Buffett quote suggests will actually make you think more wisely and will eventually make you take better decisions. Do remember to follow this wonderful quote on investing.
16) Time is the friend of the wonderful company, the enemy of the mediocre.
17) Why not invest your assets in the companies you really like? As Mae West said, 'Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.'
18) The business schools reward difficult complex behavior more than simple behavior, but simple behavior is more effective.
19) There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult.
An absolute truthful Warren Buffett quote, right? It has become a natural human tendency to complicate the easy things of life. Understand that Life is not that difficult, it is time to stop making this a habit.
20) Forecasts may tell you a great deal about the forecaster; they tell you nothing about the future.
21) Buy a stock the way you would buy a house. Understand and like it such that you'd be content to own it in the absence of any market.
22) Diversification is protection against ignorance. It makes little sense if you know what you are doing.
23) Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing.
24) Opportunities come infrequently. When it rains gold, put out the bucket, not the thimble.
Those who succeed, make the best out of the opportunities. Be prepared for the opportunities if you want to rise in life. Brilliantly described by this quote by Warren Buffett.
25) We always live in an uncertain world. What is certain is that the United States will go forward over time.
26) Whether we're talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down.
Warren Buffett Quotes On Success
27) It's better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you'll drift in that direction.
One of the most common sayings is that a person's character can be judged by the type of people he/she associates with. Working with and spending time with people smarter than you will only lead you to a better direction in life and change your life for the better. So simply stated by this Warren Buffett quote.
28) Of the billionaires I have known, money just brings out the basic traits in them. If they were jerks before they had money, they are simply jerks with a billion dollars.
29) It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.
Reading this wonderful Warren Buffett quote gives the explanation itself. When you think differently, you act accordingly. Follow this simple teaching as it will do wonders.
30) If you get to my age in life and nobody thinks well of you, I don't care how big your bank account is, your life is a disaster.
This one is different from all the other Warren Buffett quotes as it reflects upon the real wealth that one must gain. If people don't care about you or talk ill about you - no matter how much money you have, you will stay unhappy. Money cannot buy happiness after all.
31) Basically when you get to my age, you'll really measure your success in life by how many of the people you want to have love you actually do love you.
32) I always knew I was going to be rich. I don't think I ever doubted it for a minute.
33) You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don't do too many things wrong.
34) Honesty is a very expensive gift. Don't expect it from cheap people.
Being honest is one of the biggest achievements in life that you can have. Though it sounds simple, the reality of finding honest people is actually rare. The importance and price of honesty is wonderfully stated by this Warren Buffett quote.
35) Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway.
36) Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
Warren Buffett quotes reflect on the importance of co-existence. Efforts done by you will bring results that future generations will enjoy just as you are enjoying the results of the efforts of your ancestors.
37) If you're in the luckiest 1% of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99%.
38) The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything.
39) You've gotta keep control of your time, and you can't unless you say no. You can't let people set your agenda in life.
Saying yes to everything just to please other people is not the right path. Setting agendas in your life is really important. A sagacious quote by Warren Buffett which simply asks you to learn to say no.
40) In the world of business, the people who are most successful are those who are doing what they love.
41) You know… you keep doing the same things and you keep getting the same result over and over again.
Results are not changing. Everything seems mundane. They won't change until you change your things and actions. Don't repeat the same mistakes again. This quote by Warren Buffett teaches a very important lesson in life.
42) Tell me who your heroes are, and I'll tell you who you'll turn out to be.
Along with having a good company, it is equally important to have good role models as well. Your role models give you inspiration, so it is better to have good heroes to help you move on the right path. Wonderfully put by this Warren Buffett quote on success.
43) The best thing I did was to choose the right heroes.
44) Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.
Forming good habits is really difficult. But once the habit is formed by overcoming the initial difficult period, it will be harder to break those habits. So, develop great habits by taking inspiration from this amazing quote on success.
45) You do things when the opportunities come along. I've had periods in my life when I've had a bundle of ideas come along, and I've had long dry spells. If I get an idea next week, I'll do something. If not, I won't do a damn thing.
46) If past history was all that is needed to play the game of money, the richest people would be librarians.
47) The investor of today does not profit from yesterday's growth.
48) …not doing what we love in the name of greed is very poor management of our lives.
Do you know the end of greed? Don't ponder much over that question as the answer is that it is endless. You often start taking decisions in life solely based on greed without considering important factors that are bound to bring about a downfall. Avoid it as wisely stated by this quote of Warren Buffett.
49) Today people who hold cash equivalents feel comfortable. They shouldn't. They have opted for a terrible long-term asset, one that pays virtually nothing and is certain to depreciate in value.
50) The most important investment you can make is in yourself.
51) I insist on a lot of time being spent, almost every day, to just sit and think. That is very uncommon in American business. I read and think. So, I do more reading and thinking, and make fewer impulse decisions than most people in the business.
These quotes on investing, business, and success clearly exhibit the genius of Warren Buffett. There is a reason for everything in life and the reason for Warren Buffett being one of the world's most successful investors is evident here. We hope that you have learned a lot from this article. But simply learning it won't be enough. So, start implementing these golden quotes and rule the domain of Investing!
- 35 Bill Gates Quotes For Motivation, Success And Inspiration
- 31 Walt Disney Quotes Which Pulls Your Interest Towards Success
- 30 Quotes by Elon Musk To Get Motivated and Enlighten Your Life
- 10 Quotes By Mark Zuckerberg That Help You Gain Entrepreneurial Success
- 15 Quotes by Sundar Pichai That Inspire You To Dream & Take Risks
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events