What comes to our mind when we think about Walt Disney? The first thing that surfaces to our mind would be the pictures of Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck or the whole lot of ethereal princesses we've all swooned over at one point of life.
Walt Disney is a television and motion picture producer famous as a pioneer of animated cartoon films, who was the fourth of five children born to Elias Disney and Flora Call Disney, on December 5, 1901, in Chicago. Most of his childhood was passed in Marceline, Missouri.
He had drawn, painted and sold pictures to his family members and neighbours. No one's life is entirely filled with success. He came across bankruptcy, a devastating strike, and various mental breakdowns before he landed his milestones.
People talk only about our failure and not our efforts. Our effort towards success certainly gives us the fruits of success and satisfaction. One such brilliant exemplar is Walt Disney. In 1928, he developed the character Mickey Mouse with Ub Iwerks and he was the co-founder of Walt Disney production.
He filled the world of animation with innovation and wonder. The first cel-animated feature-length film was produced by him. In 1955, he opened Disneyland. He made animation an entertainment medium on television. And the list goes on.
Here are the 30 Walt Disney quotes, which will feed our interest in success. I'm sure that these Walt Disney quotes will inspire you the same as the way they inspired me.
1. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”
Most of us love to spend our time talking. Most of our talks are not always useful. So stop talking about your goal and make others talk about your achievements and success. One of the most inspiring Walt Disney quotes it is.
2. “I like the impossible because there’s less competition.”
Walt Disney in the above quote inspires you to take risks. Let's take a challenging field of career. Most of us wouldn't take it as it might prove to be strenuous. But what we fail to consider is that there'll be less competition. It is a small circle where the participants are less and the difficulty of the task is high. So, shining there is not facile as well as not difficult.
3. “All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me ... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.”
Everyone has their very own set of ‘customized' trials and tribulations they're to go through, to see the fruits of their labor and toil. They're what that moulds into the spectacular being you want to become. Unexpected things may frustrate you. But make all those negativity into new creativity and innovation.
4. “One day I learned that dreams exist to come true, and since that day I do not sleep for rest. I sleep just to dream.”
This is one of the Disney quotes which made me think. Because this is one of the Disney quotes which says we dream where most of the others talk about the action and not the dreams. Our interest turns into our dream. We must work to convert our dreams into our actions.
5. “When we opened Disneyland, a lot of people got the impression that it was a get-rich-quick thing, but they didn't realize that behind Disneyland was this great organization that I built here at the studio, and they all got into it and we were doing it because we loved to do it.”
This Disney quote here is about the team spirit. When we start our business we almost invest ourselves completely into it which drains our effort, time, and so on. You'll happily face all your struggles if you love what you do and what your team does. Experience the certain things in the uncertain fields.
6. “Mickey Mouse popped out of my mind onto a drawing pad 20 years ago on a train ride from Manhattan to Hollywood at a time when business fortunes of my brother Roy and myself were at lowest ebb and disaster seemed right around the corner.”
At times, all the things happen for some reason, might be God’s one, long sadistic joke but they do end up bringing something out of yourself that you otherwise wouldn't find. All our breaks end in the best ways which heal them. When our path is filled with obstacles, we should be innovative instead of giving up. Make your journey powerful until you reach your destination.
7. “Money doesn’t excite me, my ideas excite me.”
As money plays a major role, most people will do the things which profit them. But in the end, every one of us will feel satisfied when our ideas pull us towards success. When your idea pans out well, it results in cathartic self-satisfaction. Working for profit and working for contentment are poles apart. Though they are related, your ideas boost you up a lot.
8. “I suppose my formula might be: Dream, diversify and never miss an angle.”
Dream of how you should be and how your business should move. Then be conscious when the opportunities knock your head and strike the iron when it is hot. This inspiring Disney quote will surely help you move ahead in your entrepreneurial journey.
9. “I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing: that it was all started by a mouse.”
The above Walt Disney quote urges us not to forget our beginning. Most of us grow complacent and pause our work when we reach our successful destination. Never forget the first step of your activity. Staying true and loyal to our business makes your customers stay active and truthful.
10. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.”
When we work on our dream, our dreams become a reality. All you need to do is invest a constant, worthwhile effort. Don't doubt your dream, when you work on it. Never let your efforts fail. You'll reach your colourful sky one day. Keep this Disney quote always in your mind!
11. “When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably.”
When we step into a new field, we may feel uncertainty. Sometimes all we invested in did not become what we expected of them. At all those stages, we can give up the ideas which won't result in good results and never give up to add the flavor of creativity in your upcoming ideas. Don't take others' opinions about your effort into account.
12. “A man should never neglect his family for business.”
I feel this is one of the important Disney quotes. It insists us not to make others feel less important in our life. To be more specific, don't make your family feel such things as they are the people who support you a lot when you start a new task. Ensure that you concentrate on all the things around you.
13. “I do not like to repeat successes; I like to go on to other things.”
This is an inspiring Disney quote for all of us. Success won't satisfy your thirst all the time. There are many other things which you might like to achieve. Don't have the same, tedious success pattern always. Change your pattern, take new risks with knowledge and work on new corners.
14. “When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage.”
When we are curious about something, or curiosity itself makes it invest yourself into the process. And that's why being curious plays a major role in our path of work. Curiosity increases with creativity.
15. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious, and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
Here is a Walt Disney quote which again places more emphasis on the term curiosity. It pushes you forward. It drives you to a new path which terminates in a good stop.
16. “The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.”
We don't need to make ourselves unique as we all are born with it. Travel in a unique path. Make unique ideas. Uniqueness is the common thing we come across daily. Being unique and making the things unique may always make you blame others less.
17. “Of all the things I've done, the most vital is coordinating those who work with me and aiming their efforts at a certain goal.”
Working together with a group of people striving towards one common goal feels heavenly. The one who is in your team and working according to your command is not the one who is under your thumb but he is the one who supports you to lift you up. Work with the workers and not make only the workers to work.
18. “I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it.”
Without a competition, everything feels vapid and might even make you bored out of your skull. But when you're in a competitive field, you yourself push all of your ideas to make your equality formula. You need to have a clear view of your steps that you are going to take. Don't hide yourself in the competition and don't lose yourself in the competition field.
19. “When we consider a project, we really study it—not just the surface idea, but everything about it. And when we go into that new project, we believe in it all the way. We have confidence in our ability to do it right. And we work hard to do the best possible job.”
We shouldn't enter into the field without knowing what it is. Have a clear analysis of the field, tasks, risk and its every nook and corner. When you get into it, trust yourself, your ideas, and more importantly, your teammates. Trust that you can do all the impossibles with your.
20. “If you can dream it, you can do it.”
When you dream your goal, definitely you can convert your dream into reality. The couple of things you need is courage and trust in yourself.
21. “You can design and create and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.”
This is one of the Walt Disney quotes which made me want to read more than once. We are the one who is going to make our life vibrant. We can be the designer, creator, and builder of the most wonderful environment on this Earth.
22. “You reach a point where you don't work for money.”
Work for your dream. Work for your path. Work to make your path. Work for life. Work to make your life a rainbow. Work for your satisfaction. Work for yourself. When all this goes good, money knocks your door. So working separately to make money is futile.
23. “It's kind of fun to do the impossible.”
Our effort entertains us at times when we try to do the impossible. See the positive in the negative. Make your failures entertain you and learn from it. This is a powerful Walt Disney quotes.
24. “I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.”
Boost your confidence. Your failures may defeat your ideas but don't make your failures to defeat your confidence. As the Disney quote says, it is obvious that life is a complex matter. Make many small steps which aggregate together as one huge leap to success.
25. “In bad times and good, I have never lost my zest of life.”
Change your perspective towards negativity. Don't fail to face all kinds of situations. Make yourself prepared to handle everything. No one should lose the experience of all your activities. Whether we are capable of handling it doesn't matter but we should try and input some effort to handle them.
26. “Don't let your fears take the place of your dreams.”
When we do something new, our heart, mind, soul and everything will be filled with the uncertain trepidation. Doing a work fearfully is different from doing it meticulously. Your fear may throw your dream away and occupy the place of it. Never provide an opportunity for your apprehension to get the best of you.
27. “Do a good job. You don’t have to worry about the money; it will take care of itself. Just do your best work — then try to trump it.”
One of the very inspiring Walt Disney quotes is here. When you do your work properly, your work never fails to reward you. So don't worry about the money you gain or lose. Input your efforts consistently to meet success one day and thus entails the money.
28. “The difference between winning and losing is most often not quitting.”
When time gets tough, most of us will give up on our dreams. When we face failures, most of us will quit what we do. Instead of doing all such things, try to be unstoppable. Instead of justifying reasons for quitting, inspect and locate where it went wrong and do what it takes to make it go right.
29. “Everyone falls down. Getting back up is how you learn how to walk.”
Don't put yourself in the box of drawbacks. Work on it and come soon out of it. Sticking to your failures takes your time and it won't do anything more than that. Start to learn from your drawbacks, that is what this Walt Disney quote is all about. Each and every step of ours should be improved better than the past steps.
30. “People often ask me if I know the secret of success and if I could tell others how to make their dreams come true. My answer is, you do it by working.”
Obviously working on our dreams will take you to the doorway of success. Working needs effort, patience, creativity, innovations, responsibility and so on. Working is not about just doing something but it is the combination of many skills. So work on your dreams and make them to meet the peak of success.
31. “Never get bored or cynical. Yesterday is a thing of the past.”
Last but not least in our Walt Disney quotes list is a message about cynicism. Don't feel dissuaded, sitting in a room filled with the darkness of your past. It was past. You can't do anything to change that. Work towards your forward steps.
I'm sure that all the Disney quotes add good fragrance to your dream, goal, journey and all the steps you take. Definitely, all these boosts up your confidence, trust, energy, ideas and everyone you work for. Walt Disney is a true inspiration and so are his words. Let's take his words into our heart and pave our own path to success, after all.
- 10 Quotes by Mark Zuckerberg That Help You Gain Entrepreneurial Success
- 15 Quotes by Sundar Pichai That Inspire You To Dream & Take Risks
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events