When we step into this world, we can't choose our parents, our family, but we are lucky enough to choose our friends.
True friends are the ones who first laugh at us when we fall and, then they give us a hand to make us stand upright.
Friends are not related to us by blood but, with the right one, we find ourselves so connected that our bond feels like a decade old.
From sharing all our secrets to hitting them when they make mistakes, we all found a true friend in some phases of our lives. Whenever we find ourselves stuck in a difficult situation, there is always this one person who says, 'Kuch jugaad kar lenge yaar chill maar!'
I think if you have one such true yaar in your life, then you are God's favorite person.
We share our secrets with each other, go on trips, enjoy our favorite shows or movies together, and a lot more. It's like whenever you are with them, every moment becomes a memory.
The iconic TV show, F.R.I.E.N.D.S., has also shown a perfect meaning of this bond where the characters showed us the importance of friends in our lives. Each character in the show and almost all their dialogues are so much relatable to everyone's life.
There comes a certain age when no one can understand us other than these gifted people of our life.
If you are hunting for true friend quotes or sayings or captions, you've landed on the right page. Following is the list of all the true friend quotes.
Find your match and send the ones to which you relate to them. Thank me later!
1. "Many people will walk in and out of your life but, only true friends will leave footprints in your heart."- Eleanor Roosevelt
Starting the list of true friend quotes with Roosevelt's most famous one.
We may meet many stranger faces in our life but, we don't remember them all.
We only remember those who stayed with us when we needed them and impacted our lives only by their presence. Eleanor Roosevelt put this very beautifully in this quote.
2. “If you have two friends in your lifetime, you're lucky. If you have one good friend, you're more than lucky." - S.E. Hinton
Next on the list of true friend quotes is Hinton's quote where she is making us realize that we are lucky to have a true friend.
S.E. Hinton wisely proposed this quote which means that one true friend is enough to be with you forever who understands supports, cares, and loves you like your mother.
And at the same time guides, protects, and shouts at you like your father.
3. “Having a few true friends is better than having a thousand fake ones.”
This true friend quote conveys, if we have few true friends the ones who are always ready to help us, are far better than having a bunch of friends who are just for namesake.
4. “There are friends, there is family, and then there are friends that become family.”
We connect to some friends so well that unknowingly we find our family in them. And this true friend quote is actually a fact.
5. “A true friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”
This true friend quote means that one true friend who knows about your shortcomings, all your flaws still doesn’t give up on you is the one precious gem you have in your life.
6. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart”. – Elisabeth Foley
It is not necessary to be always together for a good friendship.
Being far away too can make the bond strong with the ones who are true.
7. “Friends will help us up when we stumble. If they cannot pick us up, they will lie down beside us and listen.”
When we are in any trouble true friends are the ones who patiently listen to our problems and try to help us.
If they can't help us then they don't let us face the problem alone.
8. “A friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you even when you are fooling everyone else.”
True friends will quickly figure out just by looking at us that something’s wrong. We can’t hide anything from them.
9. “True friends are like diamonds — bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” – Nicole Richie
We are very lucky if we have true friends, as they guide us through our dark times becoming the brightest light.
10. “A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart.” – Heather Pryor
When we are least aware of someone coming into our lives and impacting us that is the time when true friends find their homes in our hearts says Heather Pryor.
11. “Great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”
In this busy and selfish world if we find one such good friend then, it is difficult for us to forget that person and the time we spent.
12. “Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer.” – Jean de la Fontaine
It is said that true love is hard to find but true friendship is harder to find.
13. “To the world, you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the whole world.”
For the whole world, your true friend will be just another person but for you, that one another person becomes the world.
14. “No matter how serious life gets, you have still got to have that one person you can be completely stupid with.”
When we get that one true friend we become so comfortable with them that we do all the weirdest possible things in front of them.
15. “Hard times will always reveal true friends.”
In Hindi we have a saying, 'Waqt ka pata nahi chalta apno ke saath, lekin waqt ke saath apno ka pata chal jata hai.'
This means that when the toughest times hit, we realize who stands strong to support us.
Fight for you.
Stand by you.”
The true meaning of a friend and friendship is someone who fights for you, respects you, includes in every important decision, encourages you to become a better person, needs your support, deserves you for your good qualities, and who stands by you no matter what happens.
This true friend quote describes each letter of the most amazing word, Friend.
17. “True friends aren't the ones who make your problems disappear. They are the ones who won't disappear when you are facing problems.”
We always look for solutions when we are in some problem but true friends make those problems easy to deal with just by their presence.
18. “A true friend is the one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!” - Doug Larson
In this competitive world, all of us compete and get jealous of others and their successes but a true friend will clap for you on your success and slap you when you go wrong.
19. “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” - Thomas Aquinas
The most valuable thing in this world is Good Friendship.
20. “A true friend is the one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself.”
There always comes a phase when we feel like giving up. Everyone has lost hope, but there is this one true person who will make you believe in yourself again.
21. “True friends are those rare people who come to find you in dark places and lead you back to the light.”
When we get lost amidst the darkness of life, true friends find us and guide us through the darkness, becoming our guiding angels.
22. “A true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes while everyone else believes the smile on your face.”
This true friend quote says that only a true friend understands the pain behind our smiles because they are so connected to our souls.
They don't even need us to tell them that something's wrong.
23. “A true friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you just the way you are.”
True friends will never judge you by your past, or will never try to criticize you and your thoughts about your future goals.
They'll happily accept you and be with you always.
24. “True friends are always together in spirit.” - L.M. Montgomery
When friends are true they don't always need to be together.
They are just one call away.
25. “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” - David Tyson
Sometimes we just need the company and not a conversation.
That good company our true friends offer us.
26. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” - Arnold H. Glasgow
Friends will always support you and will never come in between in your decisions unless it is not right, and dangerous.
27. “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” - Bernard Meltzer
A good friend is aware of how good you are and is also aware of all the flaws you have.
28. “A good friend knows all your best stories, but a true friend has lived them with you.”
When we are with friends, that moment is very precious and forever to cherish best stories are created with these special people.
29. “True friendship resists time, distance, and silence.” - Isabel Allende
Friendship is beyond any distance, time, and silence.
Friendship has the power to overcome everything. It is the only ship that never sinks.
30. “True friends are never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart.” — Helen Keller
Maybe you and your best friend live in different cities.
This distance never comes in between your bond, it only deepens with time.
31. “Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you” — Misty Copeland
We can climb any mountain when we have the best people to support and cheer for us.
32. “True friendship is when you walk into their house and your Wi-Fi connects automatically.”
These best friends are often the favorites of your parents. They are always in their good books.
They don't need any introduction when they come to our house for the first time.
33. “The essence of true friendship is to make allowance for another's little lapses”. — David Storey
True friendship is that essence that forgets your mistakes and encourages you to grow more.
34. “Best friends understand when you say, 'forget it.' Wait forever when you say, 'just a minute.' Stay when you say, 'leave me alone.' And open the door before you can say, 'come in’.”
True friends can completely understand the emotions behind our words.
They know when to stay and when to give space.
35. “When it hurts to look back and you're afraid to look ahead, you can look beside you, and your true friend will always be there.”
When everything’s falling apart and becoming worse, you will always find one handkerchief wiping your tears, one ointment healing your wounds, and that will be your true friend.
36. “Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. True friends listen to what you don't say.”
Many unsaid things are heard by the ears of your true friend’s heart.
This true friend quote tells says that we actually don't need words for conversation with a true friend.
37. “That's when I realized what a true friend was. Someone who would always love you — the imperfect you, the confused you, the wrong you — because that is what people are supposed to do.”
All the imperfections are beautiful; this is what a true friend makes us believe.
38. “True friends are those who came into your life, saw the most negative part of you, but are not ready to leave you, no matter how contagious you are to them.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
Even if you are rude at times, a true friend will understand you, but will never leave your side.
39. “A messy house is a must - it separates your true friends from other friends. Real friends are there to visit you not your house” ― Jennifer Wilson
If you are wearing pajamas and relaxing, a true friend will come and join you in chilling. The one who thinks “Omg, how down-market” will walk away.
40. “A true friend doesn't have guts; they beat you up and later plead with you to beat them back.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
When you go wrong friends may hit you. Later on, they will become a crybaby apologizing and asking you to hit them back.
This is what true friendship is all about and this true friend quote is dedicated to that bond of friendship.
41. “A true friend is the one who loves you will never try to change you.” ― Germany Kent
True friends will accept you as you are and will always make you feel like you are the best person they have ever met.
42. "There are three things that grow more precious with age; old wood to burn, old books to read, and old friends to enjoy." - Henry Ford
The idea of a perfect evening- old true friends, a cup of coffee, lots of memories to relive and refresh and time flies happily.
43. “A true friend is forever a friend.” - George MacDonald
When we find a true friend, there is no end to that friendship. It is meant to be for ages.
44. “Life is better with true friends.”
When we are surrounded by good people and positive people, we will always walk on the path of success.
45. True friendship is a plant of slow growth… - George Washington
True friendship is found with patience. Its roots deepen slowly.
46. “That was what a best friend did: hold up a mirror and show you your heart.” - Kristin Hannah
When everyone stops believing in you, a true friend will show you your capabilities and good qualities.
47. “A good friend is a connection to life — a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.” - Lois Wyse
A true friend will help you overcome your past. They will cheer you up for the future and give you the courage to face all negativity.
48. “Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them, but you know they're always there.”
When darkness comes, like the guiding star a true friend will always appear to help.
49. “Only a true best friend can protect you from your immortal enemies.” - Richelle Mead
True friends can very well sense our haters like our moms.
50. “A true friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else.” - Len Wein
Even if your friend is in a different country, he'll come running to you when you need his support.
51. “The two most misused words in the entire English vocabulary are love and friendship. A true friend would die for you, so when you start trying to count them on one hand, you don't need any fingers.” - Larry Flynt
True friends are only a handful. They can do anything and come anywhere for you.
52. “A true friend encourages us, comforts us, and supports us like a big easy chair, offering us a safe refuge from the world.” - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
We find peace on our mother's lap. But we find strength and supportive shoulder in our true friend.
53. “Friendship isn't about whom you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said, "I'm here for you", and proved it.”
We often think true friends are the ones whom we know for 3 years or more than that. But, true friendship is that when we need someone, and that person is always making time for us.
54. “True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance.” – Henry David Thoreau
Friendship is that bond that is sometimes childish and sometimes mature. True friendship doesn’t expect anything in return. Your true friend will always trust, love, and care for you.
55. “In my friend, I find a second self.” – Isabel Norton
This true friend quote is dedicated to all those people who found themselves in their friends.
We often tend to connect with someone within whom we find ourselves. That instant bond is felt which feels like a decade old.
56. “Things are never quite as scary when you've got a best friend.” - Bill Watterson
When we are small we run to our mom or dad when we get scared. But when we grow up we find that heart-to-heart connection in our friends.
57. “True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island... to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing.” - Baltasar Gracian
True friendship is like a lifesaver. When we find one real friend it's like a treasure to cherish forever.
58. “A true friend accepts who you are, but also helps you become who you should be.”
True friends will accept all your flaws and encourage you to grow more and more in life.
59. “A good friend is what the heart needs all the time.” - Henry van Dyke
We need hope and positivity for a better living. A true friend helps us in living with those vibes.
60. “True friendship is when two friends can walk in opposite directions, yet remain side by side.” - Josh Grayson
The last one on our list of true friend quotes is from Mr.Grayson.
Josh Grayson wants to convey that we are physically distant and not within hearts. True friends are always by our side to help us stand when we fall.
Friendship is that beautiful bond that we make at the most unexpected time.
When someone says, “What! you too? I thought it was only Me." that moment we find that instant spark. And there starts an endless journey of friendship.
The most effective pill to wash away our pain, sadness, negativity is our true friend.
True friends are those free therapists we get, to cure our depressions and make ourselves a better person.
I know it's difficult to meet your friends these days. We are missing them badly. So dedicate these true friend quotes to your special ones and bring a smile to their faces.
If they are angry and are not talking to you, what are you waiting for? Pick a suitable quote and make their day a memorable one.
I know we all have crazy moments with our true friends. Do like some of them with us.
Also, let us know if any of these true friend quotes had helped you in making your friend feel special.
Like and share this article with your true friends.