Life is nothing but a mystery, dark and deep like the smudged kohl eyes-often oscillating between truths and lies. And there are no fairy tales wrapped in truth. The darkness, the demons inside your head, the scars of your heart- are all part of your truth that can’t be denied. This is how you have learned, evolved, and dared to be bold in life.
The famous psychological horror film ‘Silence of the Lamb’ reflects different human psychologies and has successfully gained a lot of popularity from the audience. The whole plot, incidents, and dialogues literally give goosebumps.
The dialogues pierce through the heart and keep echoing in the conscious and subconscious, even after weeks you have watched it. But the best part is these quotes have a hypnotizing effect, they portray the truth of life in depth. They are dark, humiliating, scary, and whatnot, but are significant and true at the same time.
1. Wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of the Lambs.
The Silence of the Lamb quotes exposes the truth about the dehumanizing effect of animal slaughtering. Human behavior and animal behavior are so connected with each other, that even after years the shrills of lambs continue scaring.
2. Nothing made me happen. I happened.
Thoughts culminate into actions. There’s no third party that makes things work, man is responsible for all his actions and no one else can be blamed for.
3. Nothing makes us more vulnerable than loneliness except greed.
Just like moral lessons, the Silence of the Lamb quotes portrays major life lessons. Loneliness is vulnerable, so is greed. A man’s brain turns into evil’s workshop when lonely and ideal. It is well known to us, how vulnerable greed is, a man can go to any extent to satisfy his greed.
4. He lives down in a ribcage in the dry leaves of a heart.
It’s disheartening but yet true that we cannot go anything against animal slaughtering. The silence of the Lamb quotes reflects the grim truth of animal slaughtering that suffocates life and turns it into dry leaves.
5. God's creatures who cried themselves to sleep stirred to cry again.
During infancy, all babies cry before sleeping, and even during tough times of life, we cry for death. With that view in mind, we can portray how these same creatures or living beings are left on earth with different lives. Every living being cries after birth and that’s what this line points out.
6. Problem-solving is hunting; it is savage pleasure and we are born to it.
Life is not a bed of roses, rather full of thorns. Yes, the problems take a toll on us, and solving them gives us immense pleasure. We are all born with that feeling of satisfaction after solving problems.
7. Can you smell his sweat? That peculiar goatish odor is trans-3-methyl-2 hexenoic acid. Remember it, it's the smell of schizophrenia.
Schizophrenia patients have reduced smelling power, even when it comes to their own body odor. The metabolic abnormalities associated with the condition are responsible for a different type of odor. Scaring, isn’t it?
8. I have no plans to call on you, Clarice, the world being more interesting with you in it.
The world is big enough to meet similar and dissimilar people. The world is obviously more interesting to visit and exploring than focusing on one particular person.
9. Gratitude’s got a short half-life, Clarice.
Every manner comes up with a validity period. Even though gratitude is more than just being a civic code, gratitude is rare. No one has that wide mind to remember one’s effort and appreciate it for long.
10. Back at his chair, he cannot remember what he was reading. He feels the books beside him to find the one that is warm.
The silence of the Lamb quotes remarkably points out man’s application of intellect out of the experience when one of the senses doesn’t support him. The warm book will be supposedly the one which he was reading last. When memory doesn’t work much, trust your senses.
11. I would not have had that happen to you. Discourtesy is unspeakably ugly to me.
It’s tough to accept rude behavior, and this behavior takes away all pity or consideration from that person who showed that discourage.
12. But the face on the pillow, rosy in the firelight, is certainly that of Clarice Starling, and she sleeps deeply, sweetly, in the silence of the lambs.
The peaceful expression that Clarice’s face has while sleeping reflects her deep bonds with that of lambs. There’s a different kind of different peace that prevails when lambs don’t shrill, the peace injects her mind with calmness and that’s what is reflected during her sleep.
13. It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told.
The gruesome skin trafficking was followed by a skin lotion applicable. It was done as on time, such as the systematic steps and no one ever had any doubt in minds.
14. Evil's just destructive? Then storms are evil if it's that simple. And we have a fire, and there there's hail. Underwriters lump it all under 'Acts of God.
We all are scripted characters written by God. Be it destructive like evil, or fire- we all do as it is supposed t be.
15. I'm not sure you get wiser as you get older, Starling, but you do learn to dodge a certain amount of hell.
As we get older, we become more aware of what’s right or wrong. Games, revenge, lust, and other stuff that makes our life hell, don’t pull us anymore. So, with age, we successfully ignore a certain amount of hell.
16. Being smart spoils a lot of things, doesn't it?
Smartness is always not good. There’s a lot of things that need something beyond smartness to feel or realize, being smart makes life visible through one perspective only, while other ways remain blocked. The silence of the Lamb quotes is amazing as it changes our reality, too.
17. Look for severe childhood disturbances associated with violence. Our Billy wasn't born a criminal, Clarice. He was made one through years of systematic abuse.
It can take a whole life to erase one childhood memory. Childhood is the most important phase of our life that shapes us, if the beginning is marked with the burning of innocence, then the child who grows up is going to carry some permanent damage in his adulthood.
18. Most serial killers keep some sort of trophies from their victims.
Serial killers don’t have a normal mindset like normal people,thier behavior and auctions are conspiring and keep people aloof from them. But the victims or the persons they kill have been somewhat close to them. In the process of killing, the must-have learned something gained something if not anything else then trusts at least. Indeed, all are some sort of trophies.
19. Memory, Agent Starling, is what I have instead of a view.
The view is external, memory is internal. One can always remember and recall, but the view can be forgotten easily. Memory reaches in the depth of mind and brain, the view floats on the surface of the eye.
20. A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.
Hold on. This line can make you disgust with hatred, but imagine what dark thoughts he has in his mind? Such are psychopaths, they think out of the universe.
21. You're very frank, Clarice. I think it would be quite something to know you in private life.
Frank people have a lot of stuff hidden in personal life. Just because they are frank doesn’t mean that they will disclose their private life. It’s not so easy to peep on frank people‘s private life, because they handle everything with balance.
22. Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.
The silence of the Lamb quotes are quite tricky sometimes, you won’t understand it in the first go. We should always eat the rude or rise beyond the rude and be the better person.
23. She didn't give a damn about some of them, but she had grown to learn that inattention can be a stratagem to avoid pain and that it is often misread as shallowness and indifference.
Ignorance is bliss and the silence of the lamb quotes simplify this basic truth. Not all will accept capabilities the same way, there will be a pain if we pay heed to them, the strategy of avoiding is best though it is misunderstood as shallowness.
24. When the Fox hears the Rabbit scream he comes a-runnin’, but not to help.
Everyone takes advantage of weakness. Weakness is vulnerable, it exposes our limitations. The fox makes use of this advantage of the rabbit’s screaming, and instead of helping he plans to kill the rabbit.
25. Quid pro quo. I tell you things, you tell me things. Not about this case, though.
The Latin phrase ‘Quid pro quo’ signifies something for something. But in rare times, like for instance some dark secrets were expected to be revealed for investigation, this rule isn’t applicable- this is what the narrator says.
26. Silence can mock.
Just like empty vessels sound more, silence keeps mocking deliberately. Speaking in volume still conveys the respect of reply, but silence points out how low one is, or how incapable to even receive a reply. Silence is intimidating and irritating.
27. Life's too slippery for books, Clarice; anger appears as lust, lupus presents as hives.
Life is an illusion. Too long to gain knowledge or wisdom from books alone, life will slip away if we try to balance like that. Anger often converts to lust and lust appears to be a honey hive that gives birth to more and more craving.
28. We don't begin to covet with imagined things. Coveting is a very literal sin–we begin to covet with tangibles, we begin with what we see every day.
Here we arrive, the Silence of quotes takes us on a thrilling ride to visit life’s sin. Coveting comes into existence in reference to real life, everyday stuff that we are devoid of. The desire, lust gives birth to coveting.
And that’s the wrap- up but the real beginning is with you. The reaction and action after reading these quotes are where the real beginning lies. We are sure that these quotes kept you glued and even hypnotized for some time but don’t be scared. Share this post with your friends and let us know in the comment section about their reactions.
Dark quotes are sexy and the impression is long-lasting, use some of these quotes on your social sites and stand out from the crowd. Leave everyone shocked. What do you think, comment below, we are waiting to hear from you.
- 45 Fight Club Quotes Which Are Memorable For Movie Lovers
- 30 Dead Poets Society Quotes That Are Motivating For All
- 35 Breaking Bad Quotes Which Tells Why It is Best TV Series
- 25 Pursuit Of Happiness Quotes To Hustle Till You Succeed
- 30 Fast And Furious Quotes About Life And Friendship
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events