Ever wondered in life about learning life lessons from a crime/drama movie? Sounds stupid? If yes, then sorry to say that you have already been proven wrong a long time ago by the best crime drama movie of all time, The Godfather.
This masterpiece took the cinema world by storm showcasing its absolute genius. With an abundance of fantastic and amazing dialogues and quotes, it gave the viewers some terrific life lessons.
Ranked as the second greatest movie of all time in American cinema by the American Film Institute, the highest-grossing movie of 1972, having 10 Oscar nominations and having won 3 of them, The Godfather can be deemed as arguably the best movie ever made especially in the crime genre.
Everything from the directing, its cast, screenplay, editing, cinematography, and portrayal of this very genre got universal praise and acclaim. Whether you are a cinephile or not, this movie is without a doubt- an absolute must-watch.
To share a glimpse of its iconic dialogues, in this article we have curated a list of 45 of them for you to appreciate this sensational movie. Here is a list of some quotes and dialogues from The Godfather.
1. Friendship is everything. Friendship is more than talent. It is more than the government. It is almost the equal of family.
Finding a true friend in life is an achievement. If you develop a good friendship with someone, then trust this quote from The Godfather that will turn out to be one of the best things for you in your life.
2. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
For all those seeking revenge of any sort, then this Godfather quote is for you. Take that revenge when it is most unexpected and this way you will get the maximum satisfaction.
3. It was not perhaps the warmest friendship in the world, they would not send each other Christmas gift greetings, but they would not murder each other.
4. A friend should always underestimate your virtues and an enemy overestimate your faults.
5. Your enemies always get strong on what you leave behind.
You will come across many wise The Godfather quotes in this article. Do not give a chance to your enemies to utilise your shortcomings to defeat you.
6. Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.
7. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.
8. A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.
Always remember the fact that no matter what, your family is going to be there standing with you. Respect this fact and make a habit of spending time with your family because this is real happiness. A lovely dialogue from The Godfather.
9. I respect those that tell me the truth, no matter how hard it is.
The best and simplest yet least followed habit is that of telling the truth. As the famous saying also goes- It is always better, to tell the truth than comfort someone with a lie. A brilliant life lesson from The Godfather.
10. The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, lies in its loyalty to each other.
Ghar ka bedi, Lanka dhaaye. A very famous Hindi proverb which means that it is mostly someone your own who brings about a downfall in your life. This proverb tells the importance of this Godfather quote which teaches that loyalty is the core and strength of a family.
11. Fredo you're my older brother and I love you. But don't ever take sides against the family…
12. I'm working for my father now. He's been sick, very sick.
Parents in their old age become terribly weak and require assistance at every help. In that case, children should take pride in helping their parents. Isn’t this one of the most beautiful The Godfather quotes?
13. Good Health is the most important thing. More than success, more than money, more than power.
This dialogue from The Godfather movie explains itself so beautifully that nothing else needs to be said. Just one thing though- ALWAYS REMEMBER IT.
14. And I raised my daughter in American fashion. I gave her freedom, but I taught her never to dishonour her family.
Freedom comes with great responsibility. It is our moral duty not to misuse the liberty that has been bestowed upon us. This is among the various Godfather quotes that will give you a forever perspective.
15. Italians have a little joke, that the world is so hard a man must have two fathers to look after him, and that's why they have godfathers.
16. A man who is not a father to his children can never be a real man.
17. Just lie here, Pop. I'll take care of you now. I'm with you now. I'm with you.
18. I have learned more in the streets than in any classroom.
This magnificent quote from The Godfather tells about a true reality of life. The real teachings and experiences of life won't be learned in the classrooms but in the streets, in your everyday outside world.
19. Tell my father I wish to be his son.
20. My father is no different than any powerful man, any man with power, like a president or senator.
21. The richest man is the one with the most powerful friends.
One of the wisest Godfather quotes tells us the strength of friendships. If you have powerful friendships, you are the strongest in this whole world.
22. I don't like violence, Tom. I'm a businessman. Blood is a big expense.
23. They made it personal when they shot Pop. It is not business, it's personal.
24. You cannot say 'no' to the people you love, not often. That's the secret. And then when you do, it has to sound like a 'yes'. Or you have to make them say 'no.' You have to take time and trouble.
25. Great men are not born great, they grow great.
An outright great 'The Godfather' quote. Achieving greatness in life takes time, sincere efforts, perseverance, commitment, hard work, and sleepless nights. Remember, nothing comes easy.
26. I have a sentimental weakness for my children, and I spoil them, as you can see. They talk when they should listen.
Want to learn and grow in life? Then make a habit of listening with the utmost attention. Talking in place of listening is not going to cultivate your mind. Listen to this dialogue from The Godfather properly and follow it to gain knowledge.
27. Any man can turn traitor.
Trusting someone is one of the most difficult jobs of life. Always be careful with it. When trusting someone, do recall this Godfather quote.
28. I Know It Was You, Fredo. You Broke My Heart. You Broke My Heart!
29. I don't trust society to protect us, I have no intention of placing my fate in the hands of men whose only qualification is that they managed to con a block of people to vote for them.
30. Some honourable men spend their whole life preparing for a supreme act of treachery.
31. I Trust These Men With My Life, Senator. To Ask Them To Leave Would Be An Insult.
32. For justice, we must go on our knees to Don Corleone.
33. We are all honourable men here; we do not have to give each other assurances as if we were lawyers.
34. The lawyer with the briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns.
This is one of very smart The Godfather dialogues, which tells that an intelligent mind can always help you win battles. It is not always the quantity but the quality that matters.
35. I'll make him an offer he can't refuse.
Nope, nothing to explain. It is probably the best dialogues of all time ever spoken in any movie. An unforgettable dialogue from The Godfather.
36. Behind every successful fortune, there is a crime.
37. Many young men started down a false path to their true destiny. Time and fortune usually set them aright.
You do not know what destiny holds for you. Start your journey with a strong self-belief and trust in the process. It will be alright. One of the very beautiful The Godfather dialogues.
38. Power isn't everything …it's the only thing.
Hitting on the point, above is another one among the noted The Godfather dialogues. If you have the power you have everything in this world. All you need to gain is power!
39. Never let anyone know what you are thinking.
Your thinking is something you should usually keep to yourself and that is the safest bet. You should always keep in mind that many people use 'others' thinking approach to plan something against those 'others.' Be careful of this as guided by this quote from The Godfather.
40. He'd always been a man who followed his head and not his heart. The heart was just a bloody motor. The head was meant to drive.
Another of the amazing The Godfather dialogues is here. If you follow what your mind says, you will always be logical and if you follow what your heart says, you will always be foolish.
41. Let us be separated by wars and pestilence, death, madness but not by the passing of time.
42. Power wears out those who do not have it.
43. But you're the toughest son of a bitch I've ever seen. You never let anybody get near you. You never let anybody know what you really think.
44. When they come… they come at what you love.
45. I spent my whole life trying not to be careless. Women and children can afford to be careless, men cannot.
These quotes from The Godfather are just epic life lessons. They beautifully teach the right way of approaching your life in every arena from friendship, family, your thinking to business and power. Adapting to these gem advice is only going to turn to be beneficial and show you the right path. Therefore, follow them diligently and unfold your life all the way better!
- 30 Gangs Of Wasseypur Dialogues For Movie Lovers
- 25 Iconic Sholay Dialogues That Are Timeless
- 10 ZERO Movie Dialogues That Justify The Title
- 10 Kalank Movie Dialogues That Attack The Heart
- Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani(YJHD) Heart-Winning Dialogues
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events