From the day we are born, till the day we become a great personality - a world-renowned leader, we meet and learn from a large number of teachers. Our first teachers are our parents, our second teachers are the educationists we meet in school, and third are the strangers we meet on our way. All of them teach us something or the other.
Even great personalities of the world believe that teachers are our role models, our inspiration, and parent figures outside of our home. Without their valuable lessons, they would not have achieved so big in their lives.
To honor and celebrate these remarkable teachers, who at times were tough on us, we observe Teachers Day. Teachers’ Day in the United States is celebrated in the first week of May, while teachers’ day in the United Kingdom is celebrated on October 5. In India, teachers’ day is celebrated annually on September 5, which is also the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, a well-known educationist.
In this feeding trends article, we have listed 40 teachers day quotations from great personalities and world leaders for you to read and share this teacher’s day.
Teachers Day Quotations By World Leaders & Great Personalities
1. Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world. – Malala Yousafzai
2. The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery. - Mark Van Doren
3. The whole art of teaching is all about awakening the natural curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it afterward. - Anatole France
4. I have always felt that the true text-book for the pupil is his teacher. - Mahatma Gandhi
5. Ideal teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross, then having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create bridges of their own. – Nikos Kazantzakis
6. Good teachers know how to bring out the best in students. – Charles Kuralt
7. Of all the hard jobs around, one of the hardest is being a good teacher. – Maggie Gallagher
8. The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind. – Kahlil Gibran
9. The influence of teachers extends beyond the classroom, well into the future. – F. Sionil Jose
10. The best teachers are those who show you where to look but don’t tell you what to see. – Alexandra K. Trenfor
11. Most of us end up with no more than five or six people who remember us. Teachers have thousands of people who remember them for the rest of their lives. – Andy Rooney
12. There’s no word in the language I revere more than ‘teacher.’ My heart sings when a kid refers to me as his teacher, and it always has. I’ve honored myself and the entire family of man by becoming a teacher – Pat Conroy.
13. The Master said A true teacher is one who, keeping the past alive, is also able to understand the present. – Confucius
14. Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of an individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honor for me. – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
15. A good teacher is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others. – Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
16. The greatest sign of success for a teacher is to be able to say, The children are now working as if I did not exist. – Maria Montessori
17. The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called ‘truth’. – Dan Rather
18. It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge. – Albert Einstein
19. Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students. – Solomon Ortiz
20. One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen. – Philip Wylie
21. The teacher is the one who gets the most out of the lessons, and the true teacher is the learner. – Elbert Hubbard
22. Teachers open the door. You enter by yourself. – Chinese Proverb
23. Teachers, I believe, are the most responsible and important members of society because their professional efforts affect the fate of the earth. – Helen Caldicott
24. Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important. – Bill Gates
25. The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. – William Arthur Ward
26. It’s the teacher that makes the difference, not the classroom. – Michael Morpurgo
27. Teaching is leaving a vestige of oneself in the development of another. And surely the student is a bank where you can deposit your most precious treasures. – Eugene P. Bertin
28. A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning. – Brad Henry
29. The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts. – C. S. Lewis
30. I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well. – Alexander the Great
31. If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother, and the teacher – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
32. What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches. ― Karl A. Menninger
33. A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops. - Henry Adams
34. Good teachers know how to bring out the best in students. - Charles Kuralt
35. When you study great teachers… you will learn much more from their caring and hard work than from their style. - William Glasser
36. Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students. - Solomon Ortiz
37. The older I got, the smarter my teachers became. ― Ally Carter
38. You can’t stop a teacher when they want to do something. They just do it. - J.D. Salinger
39. It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge. - Albert Einstein .
40. I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides your homework. - Lily Tomlin
Teachers are an important role model for the entire society as they work hard for shaping their students. With these Teachers Day Quotations, all teachers must be thanked and remembered for educating, guiding, and shaping the future of the nation.
Not all the teachers are the same, but in our timeline, we met some who not only understand their profession, their duty, and responsibilities but also give their best. Sharing these Teachers Day quotes is a great way to let them know what they mean to us.
Happy Teachers Day!
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events