If we ask what is the one thing you find missing in your life in today's world? We know most of you will answer peace, happiness, and spirituality. Such is the competition and race now, that people have started to sacrifice the most essential part of their lives which includes their inner peace, family, and much more. For all those people who really want to change this for the better, here we bring to you a list of some mesmerizing quotes by Swami Vivekananda to help you tackle this and gain back what is truly needed.
Regarded as a patriotic saint, Swami Vivekananda was an Indian Hindu monk who was fully inclined towards spirituality. He brought the religion of Hinduism to the status of a major world religion.
He was also a key figure in introducing the Indian philosophies of Yoga and Vedanta to the Western world. His wisdom and knowledge have inspired millions and millions of people around the world. Having said that, here, in this article, we have curated a list of 51 sagacious quotes by Swami Vivekananda for you to rejoice!
Quotes By Swami Vivekananda
Here, we bring a list of motivating and inspiring quotes.
1) "The Vedanta recognizes no sin it only recognizes error. And the greatest error, says the Vedanta is to say that you are weak, that you are a sinner, a miserable creature, and that you have no power and you cannot do this and that."
2) "As different streams having different sources all mingle their waters in the sea, so different tendencies, various though they appear, crooked or straight, all lead to God."
3) "In one word, this ideal is that you are divine."
4) "External nature is only internal nature writ large."
The way you speak or communicate or interact with others comes from your thoughts, your inside. Take good care of it as reminded by this Swami Vivekananda quotes.
5) "All differences in this world are of degree, and not of a kind because oneness is the secret of everything."
6) "Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way."
7) "If faith in ourselves had been more extensively taught and practiced, I am sure a very large portion of the evils and miseries that we have would have vanished."
8) "That man has reached immortality who is disturbed by nothing material."
9) "May He who is the Brahman of the Hindus, the Ahura-Mazda of the Zoroastrians, the Buddha of the Buddhists, the Jehovah of the Jews, the Father in Heaven of the Christians give strength to you to carry out your noble idea."
10) "If money helps a man to do good to others, it is of some value; but if not, it is simply a mass of evil, and the sooner it is got rid of, the better."
11) "When an idea exclusively occupies the mind, it is transformed into an actual physical or mental state."
12) "Where can we go to find God if we cannot see Him in our own hearts and every living being."
13) "Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin; to say that you are weak, or others are weak."
14) "The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."
15) "The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong."
16) "The more we come out and do good to others, the more our hearts will be purified, and God will be in them."
17) "The moment I have realized God sitting in the temple of every human body, the moment I stand in reverence before every human being and see God in him – that moment I am free from *******, everything that binds vanishes, and I am free."
18) "Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth."
19) "Arise! Awake! and stop not until the goal is reached."
20) "Strength is the sign of vigor, the sign of life, the sign of hope, the sign of health, and the sign of everything good. As long as the body lives, there must be strength in the body, strength in the mind, strength in the hand."
21) "If the mind is intensely eager, everything can be accomplished-mountains can be crumbled into atom."
If you are eager and passionate to do something in life and achieve your targets, then no hurdle can stop you from reaching your destination. A powerful quote by Swami Vivekananda.
22) "You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul."
23) "All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind; the infinite library of the universe is in your own mind."
24) "The will is not free – it is a phenomenon bound by cause and effect – but there is something behind the will which is free."
25) "God helps those who help themselves."
26) "God is to be worshipped as the one beloved, dearer than everything in this and next life."
27) "Do one thing at a Time, and while doing it put your whole Soul into it to the exclusion of all else."
A simple yet amazing quote by Swami Vivekananda which very well explains itself.
28) "We reap what we sow. We are the makers of our own fate."
The wind is blowing; those vessels whose sails are unfurled catch it and go forward on their way, but those which have their sails furled do not catch the wind. Is that the fault of the wind? We make our own destiny."
29) "We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves. If what we are now has been the result of our own past actions, it certainly follows that whatever we wish to be in the future can be produced by our present actions; so we have to know how to act."
30) "All differences in this world are of degree, and not of a kind because oneness is the secret of everything."
31) "Whatever you think that you will be. if you think yourself weak, weak you will be; if you think yourself strong, you will be"
32) "Each work has to pass through these stages—ridicule, opposition, and then acceptance. Those who think ahead of their time are sure to be misunderstood."
33) "Learn Everything that is Good from Others but bring it in, and in your own way absorb it; do not become others."
34) "Feel nothing, know nothing, do nothing, have nothing, give up all to God, and say utterly, 'Thy will be done.' We only dream this *******. Wake up and let it go."
35) "Comfort is no test of truth. Truth is often far from being comfortable."
36) "Ask nothing; want nothing in return. Give what you have to give; it will come back to you, but do not think of that now."
Your good and kind work will come back to you. There are no doubts about that. Just do not think about it, have trust and it will come at the perfect moment. A beautiful quote by Swami Vivekananda.
37) "The fire that warms us can also consume us; it is not the fault of the fire."
Everything has its own pros and cons. It is ultimately up to you on how you go about that particular thing. Eventually, it is all your responsibility. That's a wise quote from Swami Vivekananda.
38) "Neither seek nor avoid, take what comes."
39) "Strength is Life, Weakness is Death. Expansion is Life, Contraction is Death. Love is Life, Hatred is Death."
40) "We are what our thoughts have made us; so, take care of what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far."
Your thoughts carry so much significance and importance that not caring about them can be devastating. Devastating sounds too much? It is actually true. So, take care of your thoughts and stick to the wise advice given by this quote of Swami Vivekananda.
41) "They alone live, who live for others."
42) "All love is expansion; all selfishness is contraction. Love is therefore the only law of life. He who loves lives, he who is selfish is dying. Therefore, love for love's sake, because it is the only law of life, just as you breathe to live."
43) "Be not afraid of anything. You will do Marvellous work. It is Fearlessness that brings Heaven even in a moment."
44) "Anything that makes weak – physically, intellectually and spiritually, reject it as poison."
Throw and discard away everything that makes you weak and brings negativity in your life. Simply told by this quote of Swami Vivekananda that without any hesitation reject it as poison.
45) "The greatest sin is to think yourself weak."
If you think you are weak, then not only will you be weak but also one of the weakest persons. Having faith in your abilities is the key. This Swami Vivekananda quote is to remind you of your strength.
46) "Dare to be free, dare to go as far as your thought leads, and dare to carry that out in your life."
Never fear, Always Dare. Adopt these simple words in your life and witness the magic of this quote by Swami Vivekananda unravel.
47) "The great secret of true success, of true happiness, is this: the man or woman who asks for no return, the perfectly unselfish person, is the most successful."
Be Unselfish. Be giving. As taught by this Swami Vivekananda quote, it is the real secret of true success and true happiness in life.
48) "In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart."
49) "You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself."
The first and foremost step to achieving your goals and desires in life is to have to believe in yourself. Having this self-belief will do wonders for you. A wonderful quote by Swami Vivekananda.
50) "In a day when you don't come across any problems – you can be sure that you are travelling in a wrong path."
Problems and Challenges are bound to come. There is no way you can escape them in your life. And if you ever happen to come across a day with none of them, then it is a clear indication of you being on the wrong path. This quote by Swami Vivekananda will help you take the right path.
51) "Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life; dream of it; think of it; live on that idea. Let the brain, the body, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, and this is the way great spiritual giants are produced."
Having a lot of ideas is great! But moving ahead with a lot of ideas is a big no. You have to have one idea for you to fully devote yourself to because having a single direction in life with full commitment is the way to success. A great quote by Swami Vivekananda.
Just admirable and splendid, right? Such is the beauty of these quotes by Swami Vivekananda that they carry the power to revitalize your lives. Adapting to these Swami Vivekananda quotes will not only give you inspiration and motivation but will bring true happiness in your life which seems to be fading away in this unceasing race of life. Implement them and fill your life with utmost joy and peace!