“Life is a game, play to win.” These are more than just words of wisdom from Harvey Specter, it’s also a life philosophy for the main characters in the hit TV series Suits. The legal and personal games they play have made the show a smash that has lasted for 7 seasons. The most incredible thing to take away from this series is these quotes from suits that you are gonna love.
Some of these quotes from suits awaken confidence, self-love, the appreciation we seek, and success we strive to achieve. It is not just any mere collection of quotes but a success map. Sometimes the characters we like, are who we become. Each character in this series has wonderfully outdone themselves. And from each, we learn something new.
If you know and love suits, you will be able to remember the exact moments these famous quotes from suits were used. The love for Harvey Specter is undeniable and the entire series with amazing characters is irresistible. If you haven’t seen suits series yet, you will want to as you read on!
Here are some of the best quotes from suits:
1. “Don't play the odds, play the man.” - Harvey Specter
In the pilot, when Harvey was searching for an associate, he told Donna that he’s looking for “another me”. He ended up hiring a college drop-out with no law degree, but with a sharp wit.
Harvey took Mike under his wing and taught him everything he needs to know in order to be one of New York’s top lawyers. This quotes from suits tells us a lot about Harvey and how much there is to learn from him
2. “That’s the difference between you and me. You wanna lose small, I wanna win big.” - Harvey Specter
Harvey said this line in Season Two at the moment when his career was on the line because even then he wasn't about to throw in the towel and settle. This quotes from suits tells us about Harvey’s passion to win big.
3. “Ever loved someone so much, you would do anything for them? Yeah, well, make that person yourself and do whatever the hell you want.” - Harvey Specter
We can only be wrong if haven’t because at some point, somewhere you will realise the only person worthy of your time and effort is yourself. This quotes from suits will touch that reality we all need for the day.
4. “The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.” - Harvey Specter
This might be one of the truest quotes from suits by Harvey. Nothing comes easy and what comes easy, goes easy. The only success that is real is the one which has you working for it.
5. “Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument.” - Harvey Specter
It is a well-known fact that whenever we feel that we’re losing an argument our voice gets louder. It’s a natural reaction and it’s happened to all of us.
However, raising our voice does more harm than good, which is why we should all take advice from Harvey Specter, who said it best in these quotes from suits.
6. “When you’re backed against the wall, break the goddamn thing down.” - Harvey Specter
Harvey isn’t one to give up, no matter how many obstacles are put in his way. Whenever it seems like he’s backed into a corner without any means of escape, Harvey manages to find a way to turn the tables.
He gets creative and finds a way to take down any limitations placed upon him. We know from these quotes from suits is that Harvey isn’t made for defeat.
7. “But I’d never thought in million years, that I’d meet someone dumb enough to go to prison for me.” - Harvey Specter
8. “Sometimes I like to hang out with the people that aren't that bright. You know, just to see how the other half lives.” - Mike Ross
9. “Failure is a bruise, not a tattoo.”- Mike Ross
Like Mike says it so well in this quotes from suits failure is a bruise, it doesn’t define your capabilities but rather your effort. The very fact that you tried
10. “When you work with tigers, once in a while they are going to take a swipe at you.” - Jessica Pearson
One of the true yet classic quotes from suits!
11. “I don't want you on my side. I want us to be on the same side.” - Jessica Pearson
12. “I don’t respond to threats. I make them.” - Jessica Pearson
We know well what Jessica is famous for. Bringing the best quotes from suits that are hilarious, inspiring and classy.
13. “I am sorry I don't have a photographic memory, but my brain is too busy being awesome.”- Donna
14. “I’m Donna. I know everything.” - Donna
Donna, do you need a definition of that?
15. “I’m too busy being a badass and worrying about my hair.”- Donna
16. “I know you meant that as a compliment, but I don't like limitations being placed on my beauty.” - Donna
17. "Sometimes bitter memories become bittersweet when you share them with a friend.” - Donna
18. "We already know what we need to do. We just have to hear it from someone else.” - Paula Agard
19. “Sometimes good is not good enough.” - Sheila
20. “If someone puts a gun against your head either you pull out a bigger one or you call their bluff or you can do 146 other things out there.” - Harvey Specter
He is a man with words. You just cannot win an argument with this guy. In this quotes from suits he may sound arrogant, a mischievous douche-bag, but he has a different side too. He cares a lot for the people he loves. He can go to lengths to save them.
When Louis blackmailed Mike in the second episode of the first season, essentially putting a gun to Mike’s head, Mike did what he was told, figuring he’s making the best out of a bad situation. Harvey, however, didn’t agree with Mike’s analysis of the situation.
21. “Loyalty is a two-way street. If I'm asking for it from you, then you're getting it from me.” - Harvey Specter
22. “Sometimes good guys gotta do bad things to make bad guys pay.” - Harvey Specter
Harvey’s incredible personality shines through this quotes from suits. It is apparently evident that he is willing to risk even his career for them at numerous points. So that deserves huge applause guys.
23. “I’m against having emotions, not against using them.” - Harvey Specter
24. “I will not let anyone else be hurt from my secret.” - Mike Ross
25. “You mean more to me than anything in the world and I need you to believe me” - Rachel
26. “Your ego is writing checks that your body can’t cash.”
27. “I don’t have dreams, I have goals.” - Harvey Specter
28. “Work until you no longer have to introduce yourself.” - Harvey Specter
29. “I like to smile at people who don’t like me.” - Harvey Specter
30. “97% of people who gave up are employed by the 3% who never gave up.” - Harvey Specter
31. “You ALWAYS have a choice.” - Harvey Specter
32. “Winners don’t make excuses.” - Harvey Specter
In Season One, when Mike was dealing with an untrustworthy opponent in his mock trial while Harvey was having a real (and much larger) law problem to take care of, Harvey taught Mike yet another important lesson. Some of the best quotes from suits.
33. “I refuse to answer that on the grounds that I don’t want to.” - Harvey Specter
Nothing ever made more sense than this quotes from suits!!
34. “I don’t have dreams, I have goals.” - Harvey Specter
35. “Life is this. I like this." - Harvey Specter
I hope you enjoyed reading through this nostalgic line. These quotes from suits are a lot more than quotes. These are the driving force that keeps us(suits fans) forever motivated to do better and be better.
When you can start relating to these quotes from suits then you know you are on the right track. Sometimes all we need is a little courage to pick ourselves when we fall, even if we fall every day.
The best one from quotes from suits was definitely “You ALWAYS have a choice.” What do you think? Are all your favourites here?
- 50 Best Games Of Thrones Quotes That Will Stay With Us For A Long Time
- 45 Godfather Quotes And Dialogues Which Give Great Life Lessons
- 40 Lord Of The Ring Quotes That Will Have You In Search of The Ring
- 35 Eat Pray Love Quotes That Will Inspire Every Woman
- 50 Best Games Of Thrones Quotes That Will Stay With Us For A Long Time
- 24 Best Harry Potter Quotes by Famous Characters of the Movie
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events