Star Wars is a movie that runs along with the blood and veins of many-many people. It is known as one of the widely known and famous brands in the world. Star Wars quotes bring our beloved characters to life. The franchise of Star wars is unarguably the best!
Over the past few decades, Star Wars has come from a galaxy far, far away to a place much closer to home: our living rooms. After going to theatres to watch the classic films to catch the latest instalments on Disney+, how well do you know these Star Wars quotes?
From Luke and Leia to Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda, read through these words of wisdom and know that while these Star Wars quotes come from a galaxy far, far away they’ll always be here when you need them. Here are some Star Wars quotes that will stay with you!
1. “Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope.” — Leia Organa
The character of Princess Leia is immortalized with this iconic line. It is one of those Star Wars quotes that will forever be in our hearts when it comes to Leia or the entire Star Wars.
2. “I find your lack of faith disturbing.” — Darth Vader
3. “It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs. I’ve outrun Imperial starships. Not the local bulk cruisers, mind you. I’m talking about the big Corellian ships, now. She’s fast enough for you, old man.” — Han Solo
This Star Wars quote best symbolizes Han Solo’s character and everything about him. His confidence and personality. His roguish arrogance and ability to make comebacks utmost assurance.
4. “The Force will be with you. Always.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi
This Star Wars quote is old Ben’s final words to Luke before being cut down by Darth Vader, and he repeats them immediately after the film’s climactic space battle.
5. “Why, you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder!” — Leia Organa
If you ever have to insult your star wars fan friend. Here is the Star Wars quote you must use. This is the way to do it. The only way!
6. “Never tell me the odds!” — Han Solo
7. “Do. Or do not. There is no try.” — Yoda
8. “No. I am your father.” — Darth Vader
9. “When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be. The Force runs strong in your family. Pass on what you have learned.” — Yoda
Some of the last words spoken by Yoda are a legacy in the Star Wars quotes, they were riveting, answering questions and opening the door to others at the same time.
10. “I’ll never turn to the dark side. You’ve failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.” — Luke Skywalker
The truest, defiant and confident as ever, this Star Wars quote is a living definition of Luke Skywalker.
11. “Now, young Skywalker, you will die.” — Emperor Palpatine
12. “Just for once, let me look on you with my own eyes.” — Anakin Skywalker
This Star Wars quote is the most-teary! (I’m not crying; you’re crying.)
13. “There’s always a bigger fish.” — Qui-Gon Jinn
Qui-Gon Jinn’s unexpected view crushed the Jedi Council, but he’s as charming as he is wise, and this Star Wars quote does a good job of illustrating.
14. “In time, the suffering of your people will persuade you to see our point of view.” — Nute Gunray
15. “You can’t stop the change, any more than you can stop the suns from setting.” — Shmi Skywalker
16. “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.” — Yoda
A Star Wars quote that everyone seems to remember well. Maybe that’s because there is an ultimatum of truth in the words of Yoda. Our favourite!
17. “Well, if droids could think, there’d be none of us here, would there?” — Obi-Wan Kenobi
Wisdom and humour combined, you have one of the best Star Wars quotes by Obi-Wan Kenobi that we carry in our pockets to drop in on the conversation. (All fans have done this!)
18. “We must keep our faith in the Republic. The day we stop believing democracy can work is the day we lose it.” — Queen Jamilla
19. “I’m just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.” — Jango Fett
Almost every Star Wars fan loves the Fetts, and Jango’s amazing Star Wars quote perfectly sums up their mercenary outlook.
20. “What if I told you that the Republic was now under the control of a Dark Lord of the Sith?” — Count Dooku
21. “The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.” — Chancellor Palpatine
22. “Power! Unlimited power!” — Darth Sidious
23. “So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause.” — Padmé Amidala
24. “You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi
25. “To die for one’s people is a great sacrifice. To live for one’s people, an even greater sacrifice. I choose to live for my people.” — Riyo Chuchi (Season One, Episode 15, “Trespass”)
26. “You are the Chosen One. You have brought balance to this world. Stay on this path, and you will do it again for the galaxy. But beware your heart.” — The Father (Season Three, Episode 17, “Ghosts of Mortis”)
27. “Remember, my dear Obi-Wan. I’ve loved you always. I always will.” — Duchess Satine Kryze (Season Five, Episode 16, “The Lawless”)
28. “The Sith killed each other, victims of their own greed. But from the ashes of their destruction, I was the last survivor. I chose to pass my knowledge on to only one. I created a legacy so resilient that now you come before me.” — Darth Bane (Season Six, Episode 13, “Sacrifice”)
29. “The Sith took everything from me. Ripped me from my mother’s arms, murdered my brother, used me as a weapon, and then cast me aside. Abandoned me. Once, I had power — now I have nothing.” — Maul (Season Two, Episode 21, “Twilight of the Apprentice”)
30. “I am no Jedi.” — Ahsoka Tano (Season Two, Episode 21, “Twilight of the Apprentice”)
Less is sometimes more with dialogue, and this example is a defining Star Wars quote from Ahsoka Tano. Like her master, Ahsoka ultimately found that the Jedi Order no longer met her needs, but she later became a vital asset for the Rebellion.
31. “An object cannot make you good or evil. The temptation of power, forbidden knowledge, even the desire to do good can lead some down that path. But only you can change yourself.” — Bendu (Season Three, Episode 1, “Steps into Shadow”)
32. “If you define yourself by your power to take life, your desire to dominate, to possess, then you have nothing.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi (Season Three, Episode 20, “Twin Suns”)
33. “The garbage’ll do!” — Rey
34. “Chewie, we’re home.” — Han Solo
35. “I’m one with the Force. The Force is with me.” — Chirrut Îmwe
The Force resides within all living creatures — not just the Jedi and the Sith. Chirrut embodies that idea through his deeply religious life in Jeddah. The force is within you and me. And through the legacy of which, this Star Wars quote shall live on.
Some of these Star Wars quotes are like living through the series all over again. They have given us laughter, sorrow, inspiration and most importantly the courage to look through the tough times like our famous characters. We learn so much from our role models every day and star wars make it more fun!
What are some of your all-time favourite Star Wars quotes? Have we missed out any?
- 35 Quotes from Suits That Are As So Badass That They Are Actually Good
- 45 Godfather Quotes And Dialogues Which Give Great Life Lessons
- 40 Lord Of The Ring Quotes That Will Have You In Search of The Ring
- 35 Eat Pray Love Quotes That Will Inspire Every Woman
- All 6 Pirates of the Caribbean Movies In The Series With Sea, Chase and Treasure
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events