Rumi was a famous Persian poet whose quotes on love, life, and wisdom are known to be inspirational and life-changing. These beautiful words of wise have remained as a guiding light with us for over 800 years.
His work from the 13th century continues to inspire people to date because of the universal messages portrayed by Rumi about peace, love, passion, desire, and inspiration. It’s not just something to look up to, it’s these works of art that make a person reflect on their actions.
Rumi’s quotes have turned out to be some of the finest works in the field of quotes and poetry. Brad Gooch, who wrote a biography of Rumi, describes him as a poet of joy and of love. Here we have for you the most amazing quotes by Rumi that will make you see life from a different perspective, value it, and treasure it.
Given below are 51 Rumi quotes about love, life, and wisdom:
1. Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.
Beyond small talk and into the world of reality that moves from the power of your mind. Rumi had explored the consciousness of life back in the 13th century. His words continue to make us realize what a perplexing yet wonderful word it is that we live in, Rumi’s quotes are like a road map to reaching for the best version of ourselves.
2. Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.
This is one of the very powerful Rumi quotes that will expand your wisdom at once. You lose little things on the way only to win the bigger things in life. So don’t get disheartened!
3. Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.
4. You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?
Our extreme fear is not being identified, not being seen, or loved. However, we fail to realize more often than not that the journey is to find beautiful things on the way that are worth remembering. This quote by Rumi says how we are born with love and care yet we look for validation from others. We are born with wings, with every hope to fly and find yet we are crawling. Unaware of the wings we have. We are impressing others, thinking what they think about us but does it actually matter?
5. Why should I be unhappy? Every parcel of my being is in full bloom.
6. Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
Wisely worded, this is a beautiful quote by Rumi. In this quote, Rumi says to uplift one’s worth by gaining knowledge and success in life. Once one becomes an achiever, everyone stars listening to him.
7. There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. You feel it, don’t you?
8. Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
Nothing great was ever achieved without the passion and belly fire to do it. The above Rumi quote tells you to keep people who make you competitive and jealous near you so that you get motivated to become like them. And someday, even go ahead of them.
9. I know you’re tired but come, this is the way.
One of the best Rumi quotes, this one motivates us. You need to push as hard as you can until you achieve success in life. And on the way, you may have to make sacrifices, forget hurts and overcome your weaknesses.
10. Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.
11. Reason is powerless in the expression of love.
One of the wittiest Rumi quotes, this one touches the hearts. When you are in love, you don’t have to find reasons for doing anything or everything. Love is boundless, limitless, and selfless. Everything is fair in love and war, as we all know!
12. You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens.
13. Your heart is the size of an ocean. Go find yourself in its hidden depths.
14. When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray.
Next in our list is another beautiful Rumi quote, which will change how you look at yourself in a helpless situation. You are more powerful than you know, you are just yet to find it in the ways you are still unfamiliar with.
15. Live life as if everything is rigged in your favour.
16. Be full of sorrow, that you may become hill of joy; weep, that you may break into laughter.
17. Be empty of worrying. Think of who created thought.
18. The lion is most handsome when looking for food.
19. Love is the bridge between you and everything.
It is the presence of the beauty between the lines, between the spaces of atoms and molecules. It is everywhere, this love, It waters the dying plant, it offers sunlight to the ones shivering in the cold. This love is a wonderful thing. It is everywhere. Between you and your god, between you and your goals, between you and everything you wish to achieve. Love is the bridge between you and everything. This quote by Rumi changed my life and I think it will change yours too.
20. Dance until you shatter yourself.
21. To praise the sun is to praise your own eyes.
22. It’s your road, and yours alone, others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
Well, the words may ring an alarming sound in your head but it's most definitely true. As this quote by Rumi says it’s your road, and yours alone, it talks about the reality that this journey in life that we are walking through, is ours only. We may seek help and support from others but truly we just can’t rely on them to make our decisions or walk through our journey.
23. These pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them.
Noted among the best Rumi quotes, this one tells you to decipher and acknowledge the reason behind the suffering. Everything happens because it is triggered by a cause. When you know it, you know the lesson.
24. Only from the heart can you touch the sky.
25. You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean, in a drop.
A motivating, inspiring, and exceptional quote by Rumi that makes the world twist in the knots to find the way out. The beauty of this wordsmith is vividly shown in the exception of his writing. The way it makes more sense than ever. He is among the poets that show us the importance of every experience, be it good or bad.
26. I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think.
27. Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open.
Did you get this beautiful quote by Rumi? Noted as one of the best Rumi quotes, it motivates us to move out of our chains and live life freely. Each and every one of us has the right to fly like a free bird. Grab it!
28. What hurts you, blesses you. Darkness is your candle.
If you have ever stumbled upon a rock in the way and fallen down. You would have noticed being subconsciously aware of being careful and prepared for the next. Similar is the way of life, we fall, we learn. This Rumi quote says the same in the most unique sense ever. What hurts you, blesses you, meaning everything that hurts you is intended to make you stronger and prepare you for so much more than you have to see in life.
29. Whenever they rebuild an old building, they must, first of all, destroy the old one.
30. When you let go of who you are, you become who you might be.
31. Silence gives answers.
Nothing more perfect could ever be formed with three words of a language. Thanks to this quote by Rumi.
32. Be like a tree and let the dead leaves drop.
33. I should be suspicious of what I want.
34. Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious. I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now on I’ll be mad.
35. Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment. Cleverness is mere opinion. Bewilderment brings intuitive knowledge.
36. Let your teacher be love itself.
Love would definitely make a great teacher for all that we learn is from the beauty of love. The people who care for us, guide the way. So we can walk it easier than them. However, it's about more than that. Rumi’s quotes have whispered to us in delight that in love we learn to live.
37. Laugh as much as you breathe. Love as long as you live.
Another of the amazing quotes by Rumi, this one points the true meaning of life. You need to laugh and cry equally in order to lead a balanced life. Too much of anything is good for nothing.
38. Let yourself become living poetry.
39. Be drunk with love, for love is all that exists.
By Rumi’s quotes, we see how much importance he gave to love or how much importance this emotion deserves. It is about letting ourselves go and be flexible to accept the change we didn’t see coming.
40. Close your eyes, fall in love, stay there.
One of the very beautiful Rumi quotes, this one tells you to fall in love and forget everything after it. It is a magical feeling that grips you juts like this quote. You forget all limits, restrictions and boundaries when you are in love.
41. This is a subtle truth. Whatever you love you are.
42. The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart.
The thing about beauty is more than appearance. It’s more than what you see. And through this amazing quote by Rumi, these words make more sense than ever. Beauty in its purest forms is the one that lies in the heart. For that is the one that lasts.
43. The Prophets accept all agony and trust it. For the water has never feared the fire.
44. Maybe you are searching among the branches, for what only appears in the roots.
Maybe we are looking for the right things in the wrong place because we are mildly unaware that our potential needs to be identified before deciding to conquer.
45. You’ve seen my descent. Now watch my rising.
Even reading this might ignite the spirits within you because that’s the most amazing part of Rumi’s writing, it connects.
46. Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.
47. The wound is the place where the Light enters you.
48. If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?
This is definitely one of my favourites. This amazing Rumi quote makes more sense than ever when one can look through it and find themselves looking for answers and feeling a little lost. Nothing comes easy, we work, we get, we learn and we earn, how this world makes complete sense when we realize everything that’s breaking us, is actually building us.
49. Inside you, there’s an artist you don’t know about.
This beautiful quote by Rumi talks about how we are on the path of self-discovery and everything else is a part of it. Inside us, are the abilities we didn’t know we had. But this mere statement has the power to push a person to think and look for what’s hidden within them and choose where to go next.
50. The lamps are different, but the light is the same.
51. What you seek, is seeking you.
This by far is the best quote by Rumi that makes us look at anything from a rest assuring prospect. It empowers you to wake up with a jolt and go get what you deeply desire for yourself. It teaches you that no matter how difficult the path may be, it will always make sense with the right amount of manifestation. It tells us how we make ourselves complete by knowing what we seek, is seeking us.
This world has been a better place since these amazing quotes by Rumi have continued to be with us over centuries. It is the smallest amount of magic and that spark which is ignited when you read his work. It is as if the whole world has now begun to spin in the direction you comprehend. It is the power these words give you.
Rumi quotes give you the ignition to think beyond what we know and accept. These quotes are known to be thought-provoking and powerful. His works are the best selling in the USA and are translated into many languages. Rumi once said The art of knowing, is knowing what to ignore and nothing has ever made more sense in this world.
- 60 Buddha Quotes On Love, Life And Happiness For Enlightenment
- 13 Radha Krishna Love Quotes To Know About Eternal Love
- 30 Shree Krishna Quotes From Bhagavad Gita Narrating Truths of Life
- 20 Bhagwad Gita Quotes for Life Decisions And Choices
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events