With a whopping 10 Academy award nominations and going on to win 3 of them, Rocky is deemed as one of the best and the greatest sports films to be ever made. In 2008, it went on to be declared as the second-best movie in its genre by the American Film Institute.
Rocky Balboa portrayed by Sylvester Stallone turns out to be one of the most motivational and invigorating stories which have and continue to inspire people across the globe. Being pushed by life to the ground is not a one-time instance, it will happen a lot of times and you need to gather the courage to face it.
Now, to help you with this, we have curated a list of 35 Rocky Balboa quotes that are brilliantly uplifting. Here is a list of some magnificent quotes by Rocky Balboa.
1. Life's not about how hard of a hit you can give… it's about how many you can take, and still keep moving forward.
Simply one of the best inspirational Rocky quotes. Got hit by life once, twice, thrice…more? It's okay. Get up, be stronger, and move on.
2. Nobody owes nobody nothing.
3. To beat me, he's going to have to kill me. He's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself.
4. Success is usually the culmination of controlling failure.
5. You're gonna have to go through hell, worse than any nightmare you've ever dreamed. But when it's over, I know you'll be the one standing. You know what you have to do. Do it.
Do not be afraid of the setbacks. The long period of darkness will be over, and dawn is bound to come. Keep going. A magnificent quote by Rocky Balboa.
6. Time takes everybody out. Time is undefeated.
Rocky quotes are known for being realistic. Time is the best examiner and best teacher. You have to face time without a choice. And it moulds you for better. You will realise it sooner or later.
7. C'mon, champ, hit me in the face! My mom hits harder than you!
8. You can't learn anything when you're talking. That's a fact of life. As long as you're talking, you're not listening.
Just plainly talking won't do. When talking you only say what you know and that is not learning. Listening is the key to learn. Keep that key and this amazing Rocky Balboa quote always with you.
9. Everything I got has moved on and I'm here.
10. You know, I think you try harder when you're scared.
It's okay to be scared because that is when you will try harder to overcome that fear. Remember nothing worthwhile comes when you live in your comfort zone. A truly inspirational quote from Rocky Balboa.
11. Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.
Want to know a formula for becoming a champion in life? Never Give up! Yes, that is it. Just three words but not easy to implement. Those who apply it, are reigned as champions. A champion quote of Rocky Balboa.
12. I believe there's an inner power that makes winners or losers. And the winners are the ones who really listen to the truth of their hearts.
Inner power, inner faith, and self-belief- Factors that differentiate the winners and losers. Winners make sure they always have these with themselves. Brilliant teaching is given by this Rocky Balboa quote.
13. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life.
14. One step at a time. One punch at a time. One round at a time.
Let us condense this quote to four words and that is- One at a time. Keep your focus on one thing at a moment and give your best to it. The more haywire your focus goes; you are bound to achieve nothing. This one is a great Rocky Balboa quote, right?
15. Bring back everything that's ever hurt you, all the pain you had inside. They don't know what we've been through. You belong here!
16. You're gonna take a beating, you're gonna take this, you're gonna get knocked down, you're gonna get up and you're gonna see if you got the right thing.
17. Ah come on, Adrian, it's true. I was nobody. But that don't matter either, you know? 'Cause I was thinkin', it really don't matter if I lose this fight. It really don't matter if this guy opens my head, either. 'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.
18. Yeah, to you it's Thanksgiving; to me it's Thursday.
19. How 'bout I stay here and you fight?
20. If you stop this fight I'll kill you.
21. Going in one more round when you don't think you can. That's what makes all the difference in your life.
When everyone gives up, that is the time, you have to gather the courage to go about it one more time. And that is what makes all the difference. Trust this quote by Rocky Balboa and witness it happen.
22. It's your right to listen to your gut, it ain't nobody's right to say no after you earned the right to be where you want to be and do what you want to do!
23. Remember, the mind is your best muscle. Big arms can move rocks, but big words can move mountains.
Keep the right mindset. Make it a habit to think positively and think well. A mind in the right direction will make you achieve everything in your life. That's a fantastic quote from Rocky Balboa.
24. I stopped thinking the way other people think a long time ago. You gotta think like you think.
25. Every once in a while, a person comes along who defies the odds, who defies logic, and fulfills an incredible dream.
26. Until you start believing in yourself, you ain't gonna have a life.
27. If you're willing to go through all the battling you got to go through to get where you want to get, who's got the right to stop you?
28. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!
29. Pointing towards Adonis' reflection in the mirror] That's the toughest opponent you're ever going to have to face.
Do you know your toughest opponent lives closest to you? Shocked? Well, don't look around because your toughest opponent is you yourself! Yes, make sure that in everything you do, try to beat your previous best and that's how you grow along with this fabulous quote by Rocky Balboa.
30. I don't know if you're special. Only you are going to know that.
31. Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
The world is and will be harsh. Do not expect any fairy-tale out there. You got to be tough to survive here. This is an important lesson taught by this Rocky Balboa quote.
32. You gotta work hard. I swear to God, if you're not gonna do it, I'm out.
Work Hard. No technological advancement in the world can bring a substitute to this. As simple as that. Brilliant motivational quote of Rocky Balboa.
33. I gotta problem I gotta fight!
One of the most motivating Rocky quotes is here. If problem is yours, its is your responsibility to fight it and find the solution. No one else will come to your rescue. Accept it with pride.
34. You knocked him down, why don't you try knocking me down now.
35. He don't care 'bout you Tommy; he don't care 'bout me neither!
How many of you feel energized after reading these Rocky Balboa quotes? Feel like just going the distance? Well, that's the greatness of these sensational motivational and inspirational quotes by Rocky Balboa.
Anytime you feel down and out, just remember these quotes and give them a go. Do you know what will happen if you do this? You will see a newer and stronger version of yourself always ready to face the world!
- 35 Eat Pray Love Quotes That Will Inspire Every Woman
- 50 Best Games Of Thrones Quotes That Will Stay With Us For A Long Time
- 35 Harvey Specter Quotes That Are Powerful, Badass And Help You Ace Your Work
- 25 Captain America Quotes From Marvel Movies That Prove Inspiring
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events