The writer of Indian National Anthem, the writer of Bangladesh's National Anthem, the person to have inspired Sri Lanka's National Anthem with his work, the first Non-European and also the first lyricist to win a Nobel Prize in literature - Rabindranath Tagore.
Not just this, he was a renowned poet, painter, writer, composer, and philosopher. Due to his achievements, Rabindranath Tagore is also known as the 'Bard of Bengal'.
Having achieved so much, especially as a writer of short stories, poems, novels, and songs, there is no doubt that quotes by Rabindranath Tagore are must-read. Therefore, in this Feeding Trends article, we bring to you a list of some sublime Rabindranath Tagore quotes.
Here we have made a list of 51 quotes of Rabindranath Tagore for you to cherish.
1. Leave out my name from the gift if it is a burden but keep my song.
2. Our nature is obscured by work done by the compulsion of want or fear. The mother reveals herself in the service of her children, so our true freedom is not the freedom from the action but freedom in action, which can only be attained in the work of love.
3. The butterfly counts not months but moments and has time enough.
4. Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.
5. Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark.
Faith- What an impactful word! This Rabindranath Tagore quote plainly tells the importance of faith in our lives. No matter what the situation is or how bad the circumstances are, till the time you have faith, no one can stop you!
6. Age considers; youth ventures.
7. Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.
8. The newer people, of this modern age, are more eager to amass than to realize.
9. The highest education is that which does not merely give us information but makes our life in harmony with all existence.
The day you learn and implement to live in harmony with all existence, that day you will earn the highest education. Respect everyone and put this wise quote by Rabindranath Tagore to effect in your life.
10. You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water. Don't let yourself indulge in vain wishes.
Dream big! Heard it, right? But is that it? No. This quote by Rabindranath Tagore explains it so well that due to something in life, you have to take action. So, don't just indulge in vain wishes but start working on them.
11. Asks the Possible of the Impossible, Where is your dwelling-place? In the dreams of the Impotent, comes the answer.
12. To understand anything is to find in it something which is our own, and it is the discovery of ourselves outside us which makes us glad.
13. Love's gift cannot be given, it waits to be accepted.
Rabindranath Tagore quotes on love give us goals and realization. When you are in love, you need to accept the gift of love and appreciate it. Nobody can forcefully give you the gift of love.
14. Love is not a mere impulse, it must contain truth, which is the law.
15. Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them.
It will much be better if you start praying for strength and fearlessness rather than shelter from difficulties in life because it is going to be a mixed journey of both ups and downs. This is one of the best quotes by Rabindranath Tagore.
16. To be outspoken is easy when you do not wait to speak the complete truth.
17. I slept and dreamt that life was a joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.
18. The question why there is evil in existence is the same as why there is imperfection... But this is the real question we ought to ask: Is this imperfection the final truth, is evil absolute and ultimate?
19. Truth cannot afford to be tolerant where it faces positive evil.
20. The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life.
How often when you help someone we first think of your benefit? Almost all the time. This important Rabindranath Tagore quote teaches that the day you start helping others with the sole objective of helping others, you'll start understanding life.
21. The greed of gain has no time or limit to its capaciousness. It's one object is to produce and consume. It has pity neither for beautiful nature nor for living human beings. It is ruthlessly ready without a moment's hesitation to crush beauty and life.
22. Let me light my lamp, says the star, And never debate if it will help to remove the darkness.
23. The highest education is that which does not merely give us information but makes our life in harmony with all existence.
Rabindranath Tagore quotes on education should be kept in mind by everyone. He emphasises that true education is that which helps you understand the situations and live harmoniously with all other beings.
24. Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it.
25. Beauty is simply reality seen with the eyes of love.
This Rabindranath Tagore quote very clearly redefines the saying that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. If you wish to see beauty in anything, you will see it. And if you don't wish to, you will find faults everywhere.
26. Set the bird's wings with gold and it will never again soar in the sky.
27. The flower which is single need not envy the thorns that are numerous.
This Rabindranath Tagore quote has a deep message hiding in it. If you are doing good deeds and benefiting others, you should not worry about the many people who are doing bad deeds or harming others.
28. Let the dead have the immortality of fame, but the living the immortality of love.
29. Those who own much have much to fear.
30. It is very simple to be happy, but it is very difficult to be simple.
One of the most difficult things in life is to be simple. Sounds like a perfect example of an oxymoron, right? It does but it is also a true fact. It's a basic habit of people to complicate the very simple things of life which leads to less happiness and more problems. Simply remember this quote as it will remind you to lead a simple life.
31. I'm lost in the middle of my birthday. I want my friends, their touch, with the earth's last love. I will take life's final offering; I will take the last human blessing.
32. In our desire for eternal life, we pray for an eternity of our habit and comfort, forgetting that immortality is in repeatedly transcending the definite forms of life in order to pursue the infinite truth of life.
33. Life is given to us, we earn it by giving it.
The real joy of life is in giving than taking. The more you help, the more you give, the more happiness you achieve. This is one of the most inspiring Rabindranath quotes for all of us.
34. The emancipation of our physical nature is in attaining health, of our social being in attaining goodness, and of our self in attaining love.
35. The problem is not how to wipe out all differences, but how to unite with all differences intact.
With such a large population, differences are bound to occur. Hence, it becomes your responsibility to adapt to these differences by respecting each of them and maintain a very important unity. Surely, a unifying quote by Rabindranath Tagore.
36. The mountain remains unmoved at seeming defeat by the mist.
37. Night's darkness is the bag that bursts with the gold of the dawn.
38. We [poets] set men free from their desires.
39. The fundamental desire of life is the desire to exist.
40. If I can't make it through one door, I'll go through another door- or I'll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present.
Life is going to throw a lot of challenges at you. Sometimes, you might feel like there is no escape, but remember that every dark cloud has a silver lining. Do not lose faith and take motivation from this quote by Rabindranath Tagore.
41. The fish in the water is silent, the animals on the earth are noisy, the bird in the air is singing. But man has in him the silence of the sea, the noise of the earth, and the music of the air.
42. In the world's audience hall, the simple blade of grass sits on the same carpet with the sunbeams, and the stars of midnight.
This very powerful quote reflects upon the equality of everything made by the Almighty, including the human beings. When God has not discriminated its creations, who are we to do so? Isn't this one of the best Rabindranath Tagore quotes?
43. Man's abiding happiness is not in getting anything but in giving himself up to what is greater than himself, to ideas which are larger than his individual life, the idea of his country, of humanity, of God.
44. By plucking her petals, you do not gather the beauty of the flower.
45. If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.
Do not lose hope and give up in times of trouble. This might lead you to miss the opportunity which lies ahead in front of you at the same time. It is one of beautiful Rabindranath Tagore quotes.
46. The most important lesson that man can learn from life, is not that there is a pain in this world, but that it is possible for him to transmute it into joy.
Pain will come. You just can’t stop it. But, the good news is that you hold the power of transmuting that pain to joy and live every moment to its fullest. What a wonderful quote by Rabindranath Tagore!
47. Love adorns itself; it seeks to prove inward joy by outward beauty.
48. Life's errors cry for the merciful beauty that can modulate their isolation into a harmony with the whole.
49. No civilized society can thrive upon victims, whose humanity has been permanently mutilated.
50. We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.
Being just successful or rich will not make you great, Being great in humility will take you closer to greatness. This is such a humble quote by Rabindranath Tagore.
51. A mind all logic is like a knife all blade.
All these Rabindranath Tagore quotes teach us so much- About life, love, harmony, humility, happiness, and these attributes define the beauty of these quotes. Now, just wonder if these lessons can beautify the quotes by being included in them as mere words, how much will they beautify your life once you start following as well as implementing them. So, take inspiration from these wonderful quotes by Rabindranath Tagore and without further ado, make your life all the way better!
- 45 Amitabh Bachchan Quotes That Speak Of His Great Personality
- 25 Mahatma Gandhi Quotes For The World To Lead A Great Life
- 20 Pranab Mukherjee Quotes on Nationalism, Patriotism and Humanity
- 10 Narendra Modi Quotes Which Are As Inspirational As He Himself
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events