Nobody deserves the moniker "legend" more than a fighter. The fearless men and women of the Indian armed forces are separated from their families, miss many important events in their lives, and sacrifice their lives simply so that they can be with their friends and family and rest peacefully in the evening. If there is a paradise, these are the people who deserve to be on the highest level! Here are 30 inspirational quotes from Indian army officers that will inspire you to stay awake and salute them.
Motivational Quotes From Indian Army Officers
· The safety, honor & welfare of your country comes first, always & every time. The honor, welfare & comfort of the men you command, come next. Your ease, comfort & safety come last, always & every time.
· This had been the motto of the armed forces of India and they followed it through life and death. And a recent one was during the rescue operations of Uttarakhand floods, by Air Chief Marshal N.A.K. Browne
· “Our helicopter rotors will not stop churning till such time we get each one of you out. “by Air Chief Marshal N.A.K. Browne
· Indian Army is home to some of the bravest men in the world. The Indian Army is the world’s third-largest and its soldiers are considered the best in high altitude battles. The Indian Army guards one of the most notorious international borders. Indian northern border behaves like a battlefield all around the year. But, thank the gods & the Indian soldiers, you can safely read this post. No one deserves the title of a ‘hero’ more than a soldier. The brave men and women in the Indian army stay away from their families, miss every significant thing in their lives, and sacrifice their lives just so that they can be with their loved ones and sleep peacefully at night.
· It means you should have to fight & fight to win, there is no roof for the losers. If you lose don’t come back, you will have disgraced the country & the country won’t accept you ” – FIELD MARSHAL Sam Maneckshaw
· If anyone tells you he is never afraid, he is a liar or he is a Gurkha.” – On the Indian Army’s Gurkha Regiment.
· I’m always ready, sweetie.”- On being asked by Indira Gandhi about the Indian Army’s readiness for the 1971 war.
· Don’t you think I would be a worthy replacement for you, Madam Prime Minister? You have a long nose. So have I. But I don’t poke my nose into other people’s affairs.”- To Indira Gandhi, on rumors of him planning a coup to replace her.
· Gentlemen, I have arrived and there will be no withdrawal without written orders and these orders shall never be issued” – During the 1962 War, when he was sent to North-East Frontier Agency (NEFA) to command retreating Indian forces against the Chinese force.
· You received three at this age; when I was of your age, I received nine bullets, and look- today, I am the Commander in Chief of the Indian Army.” – During the 1971 Indo-Pakistan War when he met an injured soldier in an army hospital with three bullet wounds.
· If death strikes before I prove my blood, I swear I’ll kill Death – Capt Manoj Kumar Pandey PVC 1/11 Gurkha Rifles
· Yeh Dil Maange More – Capt. Vikram Batra, PVC (posthumous)
· Either I will come back after hoisting the Tricolor, or I will come back wrapped in it, but I will be back for sure. – Capt. Vikram Batra, PVC (posthumous)
· Some goals are so worthy, it’s glorious even to fail. – Capt Manoj Kumar Pandey, PVC 1/11 Gurkha Rifles
· The enemies are only 50 yards from us. We are heavily outnumbered. We are under devastating fire. I shall not withdraw an inch but will fight to our last man and our last round. – Major Somnath Sharma
· There will be no withdrawal without written orders and these orders shall never be issued. – Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw as Core Commander in 1962
· I wonder whether those of our political masters who have been put in charge of the defense of the country can distinguish a mortar from a motor; a gun from a howitzer; a guerrilla from a gorilla, although a great many resemble the latter. – Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw
· If a man says he is not afraid of dying, he is either lying or is a Gurkha. – Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw
· You have never lived until you have almost died, and for those who choose to fight, Life has a special flavor, the protected will never know. – Capt R Subramanium, Kirti Chakra (Posth)
· No Sir, I will not abandon my tank. My gun is still working and I will get these bastards. -Lt. Arun Kehtarpal, PVC
· Quartered in snow, silent to remain. When the bugle calls, they shall rise and march again. – Anonymous, The scroll of honor at the Siachen base camp.
· Only best of Friends & worst of Enemies visit us..!’ by Indian Army
· Ajeet Hain Abheet Hain – Indian Army
· Do not lament the death of a warrior killed on the battlefield as those who sacrifice their lives in the war are honored in heaven. – Indian Army
· What is a lifetime adventure for you is a daily routine for us – Indian Army
· While you carry a purse, she carries a 65 lb rucksack. While you shop with your friends, she cleans her rifle with her battle buddies. When you wear heels, she wears her combat boots. Instead of the make-up that you wear on your face to make yourself look pretty, she paints her face for camouflage. While you kiss your husband goodbye for the day, she kisses her goodbye for the year. – Indian Army Women Warriors
· You have never lived until You have almost died, And for those who choose to fight, Life has a special flavor, The protected will never know!!!” -Capt R Subramanium Kirti Chakra (Posth)
· If I Die In A War Zone, Box Me Up N Send Me Home, Put My Gun On My Chest, N Tell My Mom I Did My Best, N Tell My Dad Not To Bow, He Will Never Get Tension From Me Now, Tell My Bro Study Perfectly, Keys Of My Bike Will Be his Permanently, Tell My Sis Don’t Be Upset, Her Bro Will Not Rise After This Sunset, Don’t Tell My Friends They Are Hearties, N Start 2 Ask For Parties, Tell My Love Not To Cry… “Coz I am A Solider..and I am born to Die
· Two stars on my shoulder are better than millions in the sky
If you know of any other motivational quotes, please leave them in the comments section below. Let's compile a comprehensive list of these motivational quotes.