We live in an era of science and technology. Science and technology are important parts of our day-to-day life. It is hard to imagine our life now without science and technology. From waking up by the ringing of our alarm clocks to going to the bed at night after switching our lights off, we are totally dependent upon it.
Science and technology have made our life a lot easier.No nation could grow without proper implementation of science and technology and all those nations that were labeled as low in growth have proved where they stand today with the help of science and technology.
The great science minds from Einstein to Newton to Galileo have provided inspirational quotes on their findings and understanding of the world around us. When you need a bit more motivation. These quotes have inspired generations of young minds, eager to learn more about the world and motivated toward betterment.
Some quotes I have read over and over again and each time they impart a fuller sense of meaning and understanding. These quotes on science and technology are worth exalting and remembering.
1. “Science is a beautiful gift to humanity; we should not distort it.” — A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
This beautiful quote given by A.P.J.Abdul Kalam, states that does not mislead the conceptions of science as it has given many inventions and technologies which are very helpful in the present time.
2. “Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without any proof.” — Ashley Montagu
The opponents of evolution always make a place for creationism by crushing down real facts of science but their arguments don’t hold up.
3. “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.” — Albert Einstein
He means that the universe has stupid humans, that will last long but. Also sometimes humans will not be smart but just ignore them.
4. “We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.” — Carl Sagan
The sad reality is we are mostly dependent on science and technology for doing our minor tasks. But in real life, we knew nothing about technology and its impacts on our life.
5. “Science is the key to our future, and if you don’t believe in science, then you’re holding everybody back.” — Bill Nye
It is considered a disaster if we educate the people who don’t believe in science. The main motive is to bring evolution and if you don’t want to invent or evaluate then you are abstaining from your future.
6. “Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.” — Carl Sagan
People generally think that science is the collection of facts that are taught in schools. But in real-life science is much more than a collection of facts.
7. “Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” — Carl Sagan
New inventions have taken place every day. Look around yourself how our lives are dependent on science and technology. We all become frustrated when our mobile phone loses its signal.
8. “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” — Arthur C. Clarke
Well, we take an example of aliens. Firstly it is believed that there are no such types of species. Later on, when it is discovered by scientists it is believed to be the same.
9. “Technology can be our best friend, and technology can also be the biggest party pooper of our lives. It interrupts our own story, interrupts our ability to have a thought or a daydream, to imagine something wonderful, because we’re too busy bridging the walk from the cafeteria back to the office on the cell phone.” — Steven Spielberg
Smartphones, for example, in the present time everyone has smartphones, laptops, etc. which will **** you out from reality into a virtual world. We have been prisoned by our smartphones.
10. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” — Rob Siltanen
Crazy people are not afraid to take risks in their life and rules do not usually bind them. The people who are more likely to achieve their goals are the ones who ignore others and only believe their intuition.
11. “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” — R. Buckminster Fuller
The message of this quote is that you can only change things by changing your thoughts and opinions about them.
12. “Technology should improve your life…not become your life.” — Billy CoCox
In today's fast-paced world, technology has become essential for us. We become totally dependent on it. This quote states that technology should be something that helps us to become more advanced and developed, not something that controls us.
13. “New technology is not good or evil in and of itself. It’s all about how people choose to use it.” — David Wong
Today technology plays an important role in society and has a great impact on individuals how they learn, think and communicate. Technology is not either good or bad, it all depends on the people how they are going to use it.
14. “Technology is a gift of God. After the gift of life, it is perhaps the greatest of God’s gifts. It is the mother of civilizations, of arts and of sciences.” — Freeman Dyson
Some people believe that technology has become a curse for society and is taking over it. But in real life, it has become one of the fastest-growing fields.
15. “Technology is a useful servant but a dangerous master.” — Christian Lous Lange
These quotes say a lot. We have so much engrossed ourselves in it that we forget the things around us. Spending too much time with it, has become appallingly obvious that technology has exceeded humanity.
16. “It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.” — Unknown
When you look around, you see how technology affects our lives. This quote represents how technology is used by humans to reach new heights both physically and intellectually.
17. “The advance of technology is based on making it fit in so that you don’t really even notice it, so it’s part of everyday life.” — Bill Gates
This quote is all about the ease of using new technology at a whole new level. The aim is to make people comfortable with advanced technologies so that it becomes easier to use in daily life.
18. “Technology makes it possible for people to gain control over everything, except over technology” — John Tudor
Needless to say, the world relies solely on technology. We have been trying to create new technologies. While we are enjoying these new innovations we are neglecting some of the facts.
19. “Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important.” — Bill Gates
Technology provides various tools to teachers. But teachers should not rely on these tools for teaching students. For example, the Internet is used to gather information. It is the duty of teachers to correct the information source that will help them to achieve goals.
20. “Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have a faith in people, that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them.” — Steve Jobs
The main thing is that there is no point in technology for its own sake. It means giving good technology to smart people who can use it wisely.
21. “The technology you use impresses no one. The experience you create with it is everything.” — Sean Gerety
The quote simply states that technology itself isn’t the thing that is going to solve our problem but how it is going to be used in everyday life. Isn’t this one of the best quotes on science and technology?
22. “Technology is like a fish. The longer it stays on the shelf, the less desirable it becomes” — Andrew Heller
The practice of discarding old devices or technologies with the new one has become a part of our lives, as technology evolves at an increasing pace.
23. “Technology changes the quality of life. Technology cannot replace human intelligence.” — Unknown
Instead of using our brains, we become more dependent on technology. Internet, for example, we often use it for searching or gathering information instead of using our brain.
24. “This is why I loved technology: if you used it right, it could give you power and privacy.” — Cory Doctorow
Well, technology has its own advantages and disadvantages. This quote states that if the technology is used in a good way then it will be beneficial for us.
25. “We do a lot of science on the space station. Over the course of the year, there’ll be 400 to 500 different investigations in all different kinds of disciplines. Some are related to improving life on earth in material science, physics, combustion science, earth sciences, medicine.” — Scott Kelly
Over the years science has done many investigations in different space fields like material science, earth science, and many more which eventually is helpful for humans in improving life on earth.
26. “Religion can have psychological and social roles, but in terms of really explaining how things work, science works differently. Science is based on material elements at the core.” — Lisa Randall
Religion and science work differently. They have different elements. Although science and religion have explained the same thing but from different angles.
27. “Science tells us how to heal and how to kill; it reduces the death rate in retail and then kills us wholesale in war.” - Will Duran
Science means to observe the process and construct the meaning. These days our means and instruments have multiplied beyond our imagination.
28. “When one longs for a drink, it seems as though one could drink a whole ocean—that is faith; but when one begins to drink, one can only drink altogether two glasses—that is science.”- Anton Chekhov
Everything around yourself is science. From starting your day with an alarm clock to bedtime, it all involves science and technology.
29. “The foundation of all technology is fire.” - Issac Asimov
This quote simply states that all the technologies that have been invented by the scientist, have the passion to do something big or new. It is the fire inside them that will provoke them.
30. “Science finds cures more easily than answers.” - Jean Rostand
Science is a subject that is made of facts. Rather than giving an answer to a stupid question, it will often provide you with various solutions for the problems.
31. “The aim of science is not to open the door to infinite wisdom, but to set some limit on infinite error.” Bertolt Brecht
As we all have seen, science has continuously provided us with various evidence that increases our knowledge on various aspects, which eventually opens the door of perception and sets a limit for error.
32. “Technology is basically neutral. It's kind of like a hammer. The hammer doesn't care whether you use it to build a house, or whether a torturer uses it to crush someone's skull.” - Noam Chomsky
As we see technology has affected humans in many ways especially the young generation. It is generally used for two purposes obviously the good and the bad. It doesn’t matter if it is affecting in a good way or bad way.
33. “Why deceive ourselves? Science has not answered a single important question.”-Nicolas Gomez Davila
Well, there is nothing in the world that science has not discovered or not any question that is not being answered. Science over time has given us many things which are beyond our imagination.
34. “The origin of all science is in the desire to know causes; and the origin of all false science and imposture is in the desire to accept false causes rather than none; or, which is the same thing, in the unwillingness to acknowledge our own ignorance.”- William Hazlitt
The main aim of the subject of science is to find the truth about a particular thing, to find the actual cause and the effects of it afterward.
35. “The development of technology will leave only one problem: the infirmity of human nature.” - Karl Kraus
It is good that science is making good progress, new technologies are taking place over time, but the biggest disadvantage of technological development is that it will make humans mentally or physically weak.
I really hope that all these 35 quotes on science and technology will motivate and encourage you. The above-mentioned scientists and their quotes on science and technology will leave an invaluable influence on our life and career.
When you need more motivation and encouragement in your life just read these quotes, which will surely amaze and amuse you.
- 35 Breaking Bad Quotes Which Tells Why It is Best TV Series
- 30 Stephen Hawking Quotes That Are Beyond Science and Philosophy
- 35 CV Raman Quotes for Success, Life Lessons, and Inspiration
- 30 Quotes by Elon Musk To Get Motivated and Enlighten Your Life
- 49 Steve Jobs Quotes That Will Add Inspirational Fuel To Your Life
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events