We'll be talking about the most controversial yet the most vital topic of the 21st century and that is Religion. What according to you signifies religion? Though there is no scholarly agreement on what specifically constitutes a religion. Yet everyone has to say so much about it.
Religion is a social-cultural system of established behaviors and customs, morals, worldviews, texts, glorified places, visions, ethics, or organizations, that relates humanity to metaphysical, intangible, and spiritual elements. Over the past, people’s faith and their attachments to religious groups and institutions have transformed.
The topic itself is very crucial and it has a deeper meaning. There are so many religions that are living concurrently in the world. It can also be said as the human's relation to something which they regard as holy, sacred, and divine or worthy of special appreciation and affection.
Every religion tells us to become a better version of ourselves and become a better person. In many religions, scripts are considered to have scriptural significance, and people are respected to be invested with spiritual or moral sovereignty.
It defines us as human beings and it acts as our essence. Religion will make you see the world from a larger perspective and will also make you virtuous at the same time. So let us understand the deeper meaning behind it through our quotes about religion.
So here's our list of quotes about religion that will change your perception and will establish your faith and belief. Here comes the first quote on the list.
1. You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself. – Swami Vivekananda
You cannot believe in God until and unless you start believing in yourself. You have to faith in yourself that you can do it.
2. My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness. – Dalai Lama
Kindness, compassion, sympathy should be your religion. You should know how to treat people well.
3. Worshipping is a way of seeing the world in the light of God. – Abraham Joshua Heschel
Worshipping is that one thing that makes you feel in the light of God. It heals you, it gives rise to positive thoughts.
4. Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life. – Buddha
Spirituality and morality are the two basic foundations of human life. So a man needs to have a holy life to attain solitude.
5. True wisdom always leads us to please God.― Anthony DeStefano
Our true knowledge will always direct us to gratify God because he is the creator. Quotes about religion emphasize the significance of religion in our lives.
6. God’s word is a lamp that lights my path.
The name of God is just like a lantern that will light up my direction. If you have believed in God then nothing can stop you from doing it.
7. Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind. - Albert Einstein
Science without religion is lame but religion without science is arbitrary. If you will not use your conscience then you'll blind which doesn't justify religion in any sense.
8. God has no religion.
God is a single unit. They have created the world. Everyone and everyone's religion equals us as equal.
9. The greatest religion is to be true to your religion. Have faith in yourselves. – Swami Vivekananda
The greatest religion is to be true to yourself and work accordingly. Just believe in yourself and you'll shine like a star.
10. My life may not be going the way I planned it, but it is exactly going the way God planned it.
Sometimes what we wanted didn't get and the things which we never imagined came in our way. It might be not going the way you've planned but it is going how God had planned for you.
11. You have the right to work, but never to the fruit of work. You should never engage in action for the sake of reward, nor should you long for inaction. Bhagavad Gita
It has said in our holy sagas that one should never think of the result of any task. One should always be focused on how to work with full efficiency despite thinking about the reward of the work.
12. Those who walk with God always reach their destination.
Those who believe in God and live their lives according to the path directed by God will reach their destination.
13. Purity or impurity depends on oneself. No one can purify another.
Purity and impurity depend on us according to our actions. Nothing can purify another thing. These are just myths and misconceptions. You're answerable for your actions only and it only depends on yourself.
14. Life is much larger than birth and death, failure and success. You are the unblemished, pure, eternal self. Knowing this, you will walk like a king.
Life is far beyond just birth and death. You should know your true, pure and perpetual self. Knowing this, you'll become a better person.
15. I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time. -Friedrich Neitchze
God doesn't want us to praise him all the time and worship him all the time. He just wishes for us to become better people.
16. Faith: It does not make things easy, it makes them possible.
Having faith in yourself and the things around you is important. Knowing yourself is important. It will make things feasible.
17. My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side because God is always right.
Our purpose should always be on God's side because God is always true.
18. All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.
The things which I'm able to see teach me to trust the creator for things that I haven't seen.
19. When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion. – Abraham Lincoln
Whenever I do good, I feel nice and whenever I do something bad, I feel bad about it. One should always think about doing only good deeds and that should be your religion.
20. Life is far beyond meaning, Life is beyond meaning and that’s why it is so beautiful.
Life is far beyond human perception and meaning. It is deeper than that and that is why it is beautiful.
21. Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Whatever you have asked God, just believe that it is already yours and eventually it will come to you.
22. The mind is everything. What you think is what you become. – Buddha
Our mind is the center of our body. So it is important to have positive thoughts in your mind. Either it will make you or break you because your future will be decided on the choices that you'll make now. So one should always think wisely.
23. Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one's weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.
Prayer is not about asking something, it is a process of soul connection. Pray from your heart rather than doing it for just the sake of it.
24. Life begins where fear ends.
It's a fact that you've to keep aside from your fear to look forward. When you do that, then your life will begin.
25. When who you are and what you are is not decided by any external forces, then you are in dignity.
When your caliber is not decided by the external forces then you're in composure.
26. Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
Peace will come from your inner self. Do not seek it in this fake satisfaction.
27. Whoever recommends and helps a good cause becomes a partner therein, and recommends and helps an evil cause shares in its burdens.
You should think wisely before making a decision or doing certain things. If you help a good cause then you become a collaborator in it but if you support an evil cause you share your contribution to that burden.
28. Calmness, gentleness, silence, self-restraint, and purity are the disciplines of the mind.
These are the strengths of our minds. If a person has all these qualities then that person can attain the refinement of their life.
29. One, who washes away the dirty heap of greed with the water of equanimity and contentment, attains the everlasting happiness, Moksha.
Someone who has ended the dirty load of anger and selfishness with peace and satisfaction will attain eternal prosperity and joy.
30. Whatever you wish for yourself, wish the same for others.
Whatever you hope and desire for yourself, just wish the same things for others as well.
31. Do not dwell in the past, do not dwell in the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. — Buddha
It is rightly said that whatever has happened has happened and thinking about it won't make any difference and also thinking about something that is yet to come is also not the right thing to do. So one should always focus on their present and it will automatically brighten their future.
32. By conquering anger, the soul acquires the quality of forgiveness. By conquering pride, the soul gains humility. By giving up deceit, the soul acquires simplicity and straightforwardness. By conquering greed, the soul attains contentment.
Anger, arrogance, dishonesty, and selfishness are the four things that hinder the growth of a person. By conquering all of this the person will attain the ultimate enlightenment.
33. Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, breathe of it and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success. – Swami Vivekananda
You don't have to think too much to reach success. Just set a goal and give your best shot to that goal and leave every other thing behind it and this will lead you to the way of success.
34. Those who want to leave footprints will never fly. – Sadhguru
Those who want to leave an impression on others and try to impress other people will never pass.
35. Events bring you small joy, while existence brings you bliss.
Incidents make you joyous, happy while the presence or existence makes you ecstatic and thrilled.
36. Let come what comes, let go what goes. See what remains.
You don't have to do things to save something. Eventually, everything will go so let go of what goes from your life and let come what comes your way and then see what continues.
37. The world tells us to seek success, power, and money; God tells us to seek humility, service, and love. – Pope Francis
The world will tell you to look for success, power, and money but God will direct you to explore humbleness, modesty, and love.
38. The more you give, the more you will get. Then life will become a sheer dance of love.
It is the life rule, you'll have to sacrifice one thing to get another. The more you'll sacrifice the more you'll get.
39. You, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. —Buddha
You, like any other being in this universe, deserve love and affection. You deserve your love and praise.
40. Man is lost and is wandering in a jungle where real values have no meaning. Real values can have meaning to man only when he steps on to the spiritual path, a path where negative emotions have no use.
The time has come where no one cares about any other being. Everyone is thinking about themselves so now the values have lost their meaning. These values will make sense only when the man has stepped into the path of spirituality.
41. Each today, well-lived makes yesterday a dream of happiness and each tomorrow a vision of hope. Look, therefore, to this one day, for it and it alone is life.
Each day well lived makes your past a dream of joy and will make your future a ray of hope. Look for this day, this is life.
42. The best way to know God is to love many things. – Vincent Van Gogh
The best way to know God is to love everything. Because God is present everywhere and he is watching you. Just be nice to everyone and be empathetic towards people.
43. Lean on each other’s strengths; forgive each other’s weaknesses.
Learn to know more about one's strengths rather than knowing about their weaknesses. It will not lead you anywhere.
44. A beautiful life does not just happen. It is built daily by prayer, humility, sacrifice, and hard work.
A glorious life will not happen on its own. It will be built daily by our commitment, modesty, sacrifice, and hard work.
45. Don’t tell me about your God with your words. Show me about your God with your actions.
People will say so many things about God, some people also have false beliefs about it as well. If you're a devotee and still you do sins then what is the point of worshipping. So show your God with your actions rather than by just asserting about it.
So here comes the end of our list of 45 quotes about religion, which must have given you a broader aspect of thinking about life. Followers and worshippers participate in and enjoy performing devotional or contemplating practices such as prayer, meditation, or particular rituals.
Worship, moral conduct, right belief, and participation in religious institutions are among the constituent elements of religious life. It brings our soul and mind at peace. We become positive and it rejuvenates us from the negativity around us.
According to facts, 84% of the world’s population identifies with religious groups. It is one of the essential institutions of any society. It is a prevailing system that is found in every society. It helps in building an ethical framework and also a regulator for values in our day-to-day life.
This particular approach helps in the personality building of a person. In other words, Religion works as a tool of socialization. Thus, it helps in constructing values like love, kindness, empathy, and harmony. Do not miss out on these amazing quotes about religion to change your perspective on life. Stay cheered up with these quotes.
- 30 Quotes About Change To Navigate Through Transitions Smoothly
- 30 Quotes About Unity That Can Illuminate The Whole World
- 30 Quotes About Kindness That Will Stay With You Forever
- 30 Quotes About Aesthetics That Teach You All The Ethics
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events