Kindness is a quality of being generous or friendly. Kindness means loaning someone your strength instead of reminding them of their weakness. It is a powerful strategy for not only bringing peace and happiness to nations and communities but also for the personal growth of an individual.
Acts of kindness start small. It doesn’t need to be a grand gesture. A small gesture of kind words may help people around you motivate and be kind people as well. While the best way to teach kindness is to be kind yourself, words can also excite the better angels of our nature.
Here are some beautiful quotes about kindness that are lively, and easy to understand. These 30 quotes about kindness are perfect for sending a message of compassion to every human near you.
1. “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” — The 14th Dalai Lama.
Kindness is a behaviour in which you can always indulge in yourself. It is always possible to be a kind person, as it requires nothing to be a better person.
2. “Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” — Jackie Chan
Kindness and caring can be in any form, giving them emotional support to overcome a hurdle in their lives or simply lending an ear to someone’s stories of a bad day.
3. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” — Mother Teresa.
Spread love everywhere you go. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting
4. “Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.” — Anne Herbert
This quote on kindness is by Anne Herbert’s popular precept "Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty", which has a powerful message for the era about kindness.
5. “Always be a little kinder than necessary.” — James M. Barrie.
You should try to do more than needed, take that extra step to make someone feel like they mean something in the world.
6. “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” — Barbara De
Love and kindness are never wasted. Science shows the benefits of kindness are greater for the giver than the receiver.
7. “What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
Teaching someone to be kind is one of the kindest things you can do.
8. “Kindness is the only service that will stand the storm of life and not wash out. It will wear well and will be remembered long after the prism of politeness or the complexion of courtesy has faded away.” — Abraham Lincoln.
Kindness is a quality that can never be purloined from a person. It remains forever.
9. “Because that’s what kindness is. It’s not doing something for someone else because they can’t, but because you can.” —Andrew Iskander.
Always offer kindness to others, because one can always be kind.
10. “Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.” — Lucius Annaeus Seneca.
Opportunity for being kind will always be a tendency of humans to offer for free. Quotes about kindness motivate us to build a more compassionate world.
11. “When words are both true and kind, they can change the world.” — Buddha.
Truth and kindness offers peace, and where there is peace, there is a better world
12. “It is the characteristic of the magnanimous man to ask no favour but to be ready to do kindness to others.” — Aristotle.
In a world, where you can be anything and offer anything, be kind.
13. “Kindness is an electrical spark of life that runs through all kingdoms and has a reciprocal action when shown to others.” — Joe Hayes.
The more you give the more you get.
14. “Kindness and politeness are not overrated at all. They’re underused.” — Tommy Lee Jones.
Nowadays kindness is considered a human weakness, and the reality is, it is not quite often shown by people.
15. “Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.” — Harold S. Kushner.
Being kind to someone without any hopes of receiving the same from others is what kindness all about.
16. “Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.” — Charles Glassman.
Every human goes through various problems and faces a struggle in every phase of life. During this phase of life, kind words are the one who supports and motivates others.
17. “Kindness is a passport that opens doors and fashions friends. It softens hearts and molds relationships that can last lifetimes.” — Joseph B. Wirthlin
Kindness and empathy help us relate to other people and have more positive relationships with friends, family, and even perfect strangers we encounter in our daily lives
18. “The words of kindness are more healing to a drooping heart than balm or honey.” — Sarah Fielding.
Almost everyone today is struggling or facing issues, at such times all a person needs is some kind and polite words to heal the pain.
19. “Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fibre of a free people.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt.
This quote by Franklin D. Roosevelt was quoted from a radio address by FDR for the Mobilization for Human Need, stating that a nation does not have to be cruel to be tough
20. “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” — Princess Diana
Kindness should be a selfless act, both large and small, that are committed unexpectedly, without prompting and with no apparent ulterior motive
21. "Together we can change the world, just one random act of kindness at a time." — Ron Hall
If we all use kindness more regularly in our daily lives, the world will change.
22. “Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” — Scott Adams
This quote on kindness by Scott Adams simply explains that every kind action of yours will ripple outward in waves of kindness today.
23. “What we all have in common is an appreciation of kindness and compassion; all religions have this. Love. We all lean towards love.” — Richard Gere.
Kindness does not have any religion, caste or gender, every human can have it.
24. “Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind.” — Eric Hoffer.
When you are motivated by kindness, your characteristic or quality you possess will eventually make you kind.
25. “Simple kindness may be the most vital key to the riddle of how human beings can live with each other in peace, and care properly for this planet we all share.” — Bo Lozoff.
All society needs today is some kindness toward the environment, toward other nations, toward the needs of people who are suffering.
26. “Kindness is the light that dissolves all walls between souls, families, and nations.” — Paramahansa Yogananda.
With a simple act of kindness, all the grudges and hatred between two people, families or nation can be solved.
27. “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” — Aesop.
Being kind to someone never fails or wasted.
28. “Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change.” — Bob Kerrey.
Human behaviour can be changed with a little act of kindness which has the power to change one's behaviour.
29. “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” — Mark Twain.
Kindness is a language that every living being can speak and understand.
30. “A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.”
When one person – adult or child – commits a random act of kindness, it inspires others to do the same. The key is just to get the ball rolling.
These quotes about kindness will help you be a kind person and to motivate others to be kind as well. These quotes very well explain the importance and significance of kindness in this world.
Kindness is not something that demands hard work or vast amounts of time. It just requires a kind heart that understands the language of kindness as kindness is always beautiful. Being kind to people around you without any expectations to receive the same from others is what defines kindness.
Kindness is one of the highest wisdom available in this human world. Let your heart paint the world with kindness. Your kind words won't only help others but also help you be a better person every day. By the end of the day just remember to be kind, because it costs nothing.
- 30 Quotes About Animals That Will Draw You Closer To Your Pets
- 30 Nostalgia Quotes That Prove Everyone Has Different Memories of Past
- 30 Quotes About Summer That Spark Wanderlust And Happiness Of Season
- 30 Quotes About Winter That Inspires You To Welcome The Cozy Season
- 40 Best Quotes About Youth Who Dream Big and Spread Positive Energy
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events