Growing up, a person goes through several changes in their life, which they need help dealing with. From dealing with bullying in school to puberty, from bad breakups to getting married, to a new job, or retirement, one needs a huge support system to get through these transitions.
These changes may make you or break up. What will happen depends upon how you deal with it. Take as much help you want, ask your friends, family, colleagues, but make sure you end up living a life that you want for yourself and make it worth living. Don’t forget, you only live once. So make that count.
Some people may think of change as a negative thing, making them stubborn. The thing about such people is that they have no idea what they are missing out on in life. Such life is full of regrets, wishing that they had done things differently.
Don’t be those people. Make mistakes, learn from them. But don’t be afraid of changes. Positively, change is what makes life exciting. I hope these quotes about change will help you to tackle any problems and give you a new perspective about life.
Here are 30 quotes about change to navigate through transitions smoothly.
1. Everybody has talent, it’s just a matter of moving around until you’ve discovered what it is. - George Lucas
You cannot judge the fish based on how it climbs a tree. The same way a person is good at something or the other. They just have to look deep down, do some soul searching, and discover it.
2. Change is a great and horrible thing, and people love it or hate it at the same time. Without change, however, you just don’t move. - Marc Jacobs
You need to go through life changes even if you like it or not, or else you will end up being stagnant or stationary. Progress will happen to those who go through changes and move ahead in life.
3. Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me. - Carol Burnett
You live life only once and you need to make the most of it. If you are not happy with the way you are living your life, make those necessary changes accordingly. You can’t give that responsibility to others and must do it yourself. Be accountable for your own life.
4. If your world doesn’t allow you to dream, move to one where you can. - Billy Idol
Everyone says dream big and chase your dreams. But, not everyone lives in a world where they have the freedom to accomplish their dreams. In such a scenario, you need to create a world of your own or move to a new world where you can fulfill your dreams.
5. We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney
Curiosity is the key to opening new paths in life. The only reason we land in new places leading to new directions is that we are curious enough to ask questions to move ahead in life.
6. Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. - Dale Carnegie
Being stagnant and stationary will not help you succeed in life. One needs to get out of the house every day and hustle. If one doesn’t take any actions in their life it will instill doubt and fear and taking action will bring out the confidence and courage, which one needs to conquer the fear.
7. If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try. - Seth Godin
There are few things in life that will make you uncomfortable and may feel scary. Maybe, because they are hard to achieve and stresses you out. But, those are the things you need to try as they are the ones which will give you a new sense of direction.
8. The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning. - Ivy Baker Priest
One might think that the door they chose has closed and there is no other way out. But, there is light at the end of the tunnel. The end might also be the beginning of a new start. To fresh beginnings!!!
9. The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking. - Albert Einstein
The right mindset is required to change the world. The right thoughts lead to the right actions. A narrow mindset will not create a better future and help in changing the world. It will lead to a regressive society.
10. Any transition is easier if you believe in yourself and your talent - Priyanka Chopra
If you are wondering how you will go through a task, which seems very difficult and hard to achieve, just remember that you are talented and can do anything. Have faith and believe in yourself and you will succeed.
11. It is when we are in a transition that we are most completely alive - William Bridges
If you want to feel alive every single day, one needs to bring about a constant change in yourself. Sweat it out, start showing up, meditate, focus on your hobbies, eat healthily, get out of toxic relationships and be the best version of yourself. Transitions like these make you feel completely alive.
12. Transitions in life can offer opportunities for discovery - Robbie Shell
One needs to go through many transitions in life as it may lead to a discovery. Discovery doesn’t mean you figure out something around you like in your environment, but it also means self-discovery.
13. As with many big changes in life, the first step can be the hardest one to take - Drew Fellman
Making a start is often the most difficult part of the journey. One would go through many life changes, but taking the first step is the most important thing to do, without which you can’t move ahead in life.
14. If the transition isn’t painful then you aren’t making progress. - Anonymous
As we all know, no pain no gain. For example, if you want to transform your body and get into shape, you need to go through the painful process of working out in the gym. One goes through a lot of pain to make progress to achieve the sweet taste of success.
15. Life will only change when you become more committed to your dreams than you are to your comfort zone. - Billy Cox
The best advice you will get out of your comfort zone and be the person your dreams need you to be. The more you are committed to your dreams, the more you will achieve success. Consider it as a lifestyle change.
16. Be the change that you wish to see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi
This means that we must set an example and implement the right kind of changes to make the world a beautiful place. In other words, if we want to see a change in a place we should be the ones to do it first for ourselves.
17. If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude - Maya Angelou
If you can change something you're complaining about it, then you better take action and rid yourself of whatever it is. If you can't change it, then perhaps, that's the universe telling you that you need to change your outlook.
18. The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance. - Nathaniel Branden
Self Awareness and acceptance is the key to a better life. If you are aware of your strengths and weaknesses, you can bring about a change in your personal life for a successful future. Acceptance of your past and present can get you in touch with your emotional well-being, which will help you prosper.
19. To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often. - Winston Churchill
Perfection is hard to achieve. But a constant change in the right direction will lead to an improvement in life which will transform your existence completely. Changes could be related to health, career, love life, family life, etc. But, the changes won’t have any meaning, if there is no consistency. Consistency is a must to achieve perfection.
20. One day spent with someone you love can change everything. ― Mitch Albom
If you feel stuck, broke, depressed, demotivated, just spend some quality time with a friend or a loved one, because they are the ones who know you inside out and will help you face your battles and get you out with whatever negativity you are going through. As they say, talking to a friend is like free therapy.
21. Everyone is like a butterfly, they start out ugly and awkward and then morph into beautiful graceful butterflies that everyone loves. – Drew Barrymore
Everyone starts as caterpillars, weak and immature, struggling to face the world. But, they go through a lot of struggles and ups and downs and transition into beautiful butterflies, which everyone loves as they have learned how to embrace their flaws and be true to themselves.
22. One child, one teacher, one pen, and one book can change the world. -Malala Yousafzai
This quote is by Malala Yousafzai, a famous Pakistani activist. She is an advocate for education who believes that if we focus on educating a child, we are investing in the future generation to be better citizens and contribute to the economy. Teachers play a vital role in shaping a child’s future by promoting confidence, self-determination, and values to attain their goals and succeed in life.
23. Change is hard at first, Messy in the middle, and gorgeous at the end. - Robin Sharma
When you are solving an issue or a problem, which will bring a change in your life, it might feel hard to adjust in the beginning. You might struggle to cope up with the consequences of those changes, but once the changes are done, you will realize how accomplished and beautiful you will feel at the end.
24. You can’t change what has already happened so don’t waste your time thinking about it. Move on, let go and get over it.
There are times when you are fixated on something that has happened in your life. But the more you overthink, the more it ends up hampering you. The best thing to do would be to let go, move on and get over it. Just like getting over a bad relationship. Am I right girls?
25. Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong. - Narayana Murthy
It is common for people to stay in an unfulfilling relationship as long as they can stand it. But when the dissatisfaction and pain of staying stuck outweighs the fear of changing or leaving that relationship, that’s when huge shifts take place. Those huge shifts are called “growing pains” and they are the catalyst for re-creating your life and relationships in a whole new way.
26. Don’t ruin a good today by thinking about a bad yesterday. Let it go.
You can’t let a bad day ruin the chances of having a good future by fixating on what has happened. One needs to have thicker skin and not let small little things affect them. There is always a new day to begin from the start with fresh beginnings. Let it go.
27. Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be. Life goes on.
When you go through something like a bad break, you would want things to go back the way they used to be. Those memories you spent are hard to forget. You miss the touch, the smell, the hugs, the smile, and an endless number of things about that person. But one needs to heal and move on with their lives.
28. One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you cannot change.
You cannot control everything around you. The more you try to control, the more it slips away from you. The sooner you accept and have the courage that you cannot change this, the better. You will be much more content and happy in life if you live and let it live.
29. Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open. - Ralph Marston
One needs to be more open-minded and accept the viewpoints and opinions of others. The obsession with being right all the time will lead to people alienating you as they too wanna be heard. You will benefit from other people’s way of thinking, rather than your judgment.
30. We must be impatient for change. Let us remember that our voice is a precious gift and we must use it. - Claudia Flores
Change can only be brought if we use our voice to bring that change. Everyone has the voice to bring that change, but only a few use it. The clock is ticking fast and we need to be impatient to make the change to make the world a better place by using our voice. Go protest.
Go leave that toxic relationship, quit your job and follow your passion, go on that world tour after retirement, go propose to the girl of your dreams and get married. Positive changes will only happen to those who dare to be happy. That’s what all quotes about change have to say.
It is considered one of the most important survival skills in life. Learn to tackle any obstacle in life by going through any change life hits you with all your courage. Having a progressive mindset will help in changing society and help in bringing a positive difference in the world. Making a difference in the world, isn’t that we all want?
New paths may seem scary and will make you uncomfortable, but if you don't make those changes, you will end up being stuck in your ordinary life and will miss out on things you can and will achieve, making your life extraordinary.
Know the difference between what’s good for you and what’s not, so that you know whether the consequences of those changes will turn out to be good for you or not. These quotes about change will surely make your life better and inspire you to live a happy successful life.
- 30 Quotes About Kindness That Will Stay With You Forever
- 40 Best Quotes About Youth Who Dream Big and Spread Energy
- 30 Quotes About Winter To Welcome The Cozy Season
- 30 Quotes About Animals That Will Draw You Closer To Your Pets
- 30 Quotes About Summer That Spark Wanderlust And Happiness
- 30 Quotes About Unity That Can Illuminate The Whole World
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events