Peter Pan is a timeless Walt Disney animated classic, initially came to life more than a century ago in a play, and later a novel, by Scottish writer J.M. Barrie. Peter Pan has and will always be 'The Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up!' and he becomes an icon symbolizing the desire of eternal boyhood.
Peter's adventures are magical on the mythical island of Neverland as the leader of the Lost Boys, interacting with fairies, pirates, mermaids, and children outside Neverland. Still, they also have, but they also have a bittersweet trace—because while he will forever remain a carefree boy, Wendy and her brothers must inevitably grow up.
This fictional character has reached the hearts of millions of people around the world who didn't want to grow up. All of us had watched the movies over and over when we were kids. Whether it's been a long time since you've seen it, or you want to see it. Take a trip back to Neverland with these Peter Pan quotes about growing up, dreams, friendship and love.
1) Forget them, Wendy. Forget them all. Come with me where you'll never, never have to worry about grown-up things again.
Sometimes you may feel like being an adult doesn't work for you and wants to give up everything to go back to being a child. It's not about growing up, it's the responsibilities that come along, it's just about being human, and sometimes it's okay wanting to take a break.
2) All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust.
Peter Pan quotes give you the inspiration you need to keep pushing toward your goals. Often success is a confusing combination of choice and chance. It's essential to have both when you stumble upon the opportunity you need, along with faith and trust.
3) Dreams do come true, if we only wish hard enough, You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it.
Sometimes, we have to let go of some things, In the hope of getting better things in life. Here, J.M. Barrie declares that you have to give up a bit of current spending for the dream to come true.
4) It is not in doing what you like but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness.
This Peter Pan quote talks about Accomplishment — Enjoying the process of doing something which will make you happy. No matter what work you are currently involved in, enjoy the moment. You never know the simple joys you can find in life. Live in the present. Smile more!
5) The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.
Change starts from within; that's why training your mind to do something must be your number one priority, and every day in every way, you should try to make it better without doubting yourself. Don't limit yourself or challenge your abilities to accomplish something.
6) No matter how hard we try to be mature, we will always be a kid when we all get hurt and cry.
Peter Pan quotes teach us important life lessons. It doesn't matter if you are not perfect, and sometimes as much as you try to act tough, you can't hide from the pain. Grief can be destructive, rather than hiding from the pain. Please share it with others and let them comfort you.
7) I say, Wendy…always if you see me forgetting you, just keep on saying ‘I’m Wendy,’ and then I’ll remember.
This line was said when Wendy worries that if Peter forgets the stars so quickly, he'll forget his new friends as well as the adventures they share, and indeed it's true when he returned he did not remember them, at least not well. Forgetting is somewhat an essential part of Peter's character, in that it prevents him from ever growing old.
8) Wendy, one girl is more use than twenty boys.
This one is my favourite among the Peter Pan quotes. I might be biased when I say girls can do anything boys can do better, but as Queen B says, "Who run the world? Girls !"
9) Stars are beautiful, but they may not take an active part in anything, they must just look on forever.
If you think about how the tale of Peter Pan continues to resonate with readers worldwide, it's the idea of eternal boyhood. Which may seem desirable, but it is a tragedy. Just like stars, a boy who never grows up inevitably has to watch people around his age and pass away.
10) Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.
Sometimes Peter Pan's quotes are quite relevant in our lives, considering how Peter Pan didn't want to be forgotten and the adventures he shared with Wendy. We, too, feel the same way about someone or something, challenging to let go. Sometimes we just need to hold on to the good memories and look forward to creating a lot better ones.
11) I don't want to go to school and learn solemn things.
This quote is a prime example of what we now call "Peter Pan syndrome." It's a syndrome that now a psychologist describes to people who are reluctant to mature into the civil roles of an adult.
12) Once you're grown up, you can never come back.
This right here is the bittersweet universal truth. Growing up is that fraction of our life, which we measure in time for our sake, but it is never going back when it is gone. In reality, there's Peter Pan or Neverland to preserve our youth. Ultimately, we all have to go through adulthood and all the responsibilities that come with it.
13) Never is an awfully long time.
Even if one wishes to live forever, there comes the point in life where everything stops being exciting and starts being tedious. And there's no longer the desire to live all together, as eternal as mortality: or lack thereof: Forever is never.
14) Think of all the joy you’ll find when you leave the world behind.
"...And bid your fears good-bye. You can fly!" This phrase is from the song 'You Can Fly' sung during Peter, Wendy, John, Michael, and Tinker Bell's flight to Neverland. You need to embrace the fear of the inevitable and make the best of this life!
15) All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again.
At the beginning of the Peter Pan movie, the narrator states this line suggesting the story's cyclical nature. Peter Pan's life is pretty much the succession of new friends, new adventures, saying hello, and goodbye.
16) There is a saying in the Neverland that, every time you breathe, a grown-up dies.
"... and Peter was killing them off vindictively as fast as possible". Disney may have toned down Peter Pan's tale, but there are some moments in the dark play. If you think about it, the story can be open to interpretation.
17) Two is the beginning of the end.
After one is two, one knows that one must grow up. One is aware that it's the end of childhood, and it's not infinite. It's the beginning of the end of childhood.
18) Absence makes the heart grow fonder…or forgetful.
Peter Pan's quotes give some profound life lessons, and this quote is a reminder to us that you can't know the reward of companionship until you're separated. Separation can be an excellent polish in the relationship to remind yourself why you like your partner in the first place.
19) Just always be waiting for me.
JM Barrie penned a closing scene called "When Wendy Grew Up – An Afterthought," in which Wendy is a married woman with a daughter named Jane. Upon discovering this revelation, Peter Pan is exceptionally annoyed but lucky for him, and Jane decides she will go on an adventure to Neverland with Peter.
20) Growing up is such a barbarous business, full of inconvenience… and pimples.
Growing up is by no means a bad thing. The time passes by too quickly. As we grow up, we realize the responsibilities adulthood holds, and no other quote could have summed it up more correctly.
21) I suppose it's like the ticking crocodile, isn't it? Time is chasing after all of us.
This Peter Pan quote acts as the proverb's expansion: Time and tide wait for none' making it apt in today's world. We can never control time. We often take time for granted, and that prevents us from doing things that are needed. With managing time correctly, everything is possible!
22) Wait for me somewhere between reality and all we’ve ever dreamed.
And when it comes to Peter Pan, you might think of this beautiful thought to have in your mind. If anything, Peter Pan taught us. From his comical words and actions to his courage that dreams do come true.
23) You know that place between sleep and awake, that place where you still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you. That's where I'll be waiting.
Of all the Peter Pan quotes in the list, this brings out an incredible feeling. Each one of us can interpret it in the way we like. When your unconscious meets consciousness, and the line between the reality is blurred those few moments, you are so at peace with the world, and maybe there's where Peter Pan Is waiting.
24) I'll hold you in my heart until I can hold you in my arms.
Love is such a wondrous feeling that it's challenging to convey through words correctly. That's where Peter Pan quotes come in. Some people can be so close to you, even if physically far. They stay in your heart, living every moment of your life.
25) Adventures! In which good triumphs over evil!
This Peter Pan quote restores balance to our universe, stating evil may prevail, even when we're alone. But when people with good intentions come together to fight for what's right, they will triumph.
26) You just think lovely, wonderful thoughts, and they lift you up in the air.
This is one of the most inspiring and uplifting quotes from J.M Barrie's classic fairy tale, Peter Pan. Here, this quote translates into the theory of positivity and gratitude, where positive thoughts uplift and ease your emotional weight, making you weightless so you can fly!
27) I never expected that you could have a broken heart and love with it too, so much that it does not seem broken at all.
Many Peter Pan quotes have taught us about many things, from friendship to trust to love. Here, it talks about how your broken heart still seems to be full somehow and love with it, which is an art and a beauty of its own.
28) There are many different kinds of bravery. There's the bravery of thinking of others before oneself.
This quote from the list of Peter Pan quotes motivates you to keep going regardless of being wrapped in dire circumstances. Here, Mrs Darling is explaining to her children about the sacrifices that parents and adults make.
29) You mean more to me than anyone in this whole world.
Once in a lifetime, we come across that one individual makes us feel things and makes the world seem a better place to live. The feeling encompasses your entire being, and the individual means more to me than anyone.
30) So come with me where dreams are born and time is never planned. Just think of happy things and your heart will fly on wings forever in never never land.
As a child, we all have dreamt about what it would be like to fly to Neverland, keeping an ever-watchful eye for pirates, But as we grow up, it becomes a distant memory, and the magic is lost somehow. Until when we have our children, and then just as Wendy says goodbye to Peter in the end, the magic returns, and the story begins again.
Peter Pan, a tale of adventure, fantasy, and never-ending childhood written by Sir James Matthew Barrie, who was believed to be obsessed with eternal boyhood, could be traced back to a tragedy in Barrie's childhood. His older brother David slipped on his ice skates and instantly died. David was only 13 years old.
The only way his mother could cope with this sudden loss was by imagining David as an eternal boy. Most biographers believe J. M. Barrie was inspired to create a character like Peter Pan because of their tragedy.
Peter Pan is a tale that inspires and fascinates millions worldwide and never grows old – just like Peter himself. A timeless masterpiece with eternal boyhood at its central theme is a poignant reminder of the swift passing of innocence and youth. I don't think there will ever be a place more magical than Neverland. (Well! Hogwarts is an exception).
Many of us have already joined Wendy in the world of grown-ups. Still, we will always remember the magic of Peter Pan's imaginative tale that JM Barrie so poignantly captured, along with a few Peter Pan quotes listed above, which have made it one of the most enduring stories for all ages.
- 25 Superman Quotes That Inspire And Push You Towards Success
- 30 Batman Quotes Which Motivated The Superhero Inside You
- 45 Spiderman Quotes On Success, Life, and Hardship To Get Inspired
- 30 Ironman Quotes from Marvel Movies To Live A One Time Experience
- 25 Captain America Quotes From Marvel Movies That Prove Inspiring
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events