If we talk about football of all times, what is that one name that always hits our mind? That name is none other than Pele. He needs no introduction to be introduced. He has created a name for himself in his journey of playing. He was one of the highest-paid players in his time and his game strategies are still remembered by us.
Edson Arantes do Nascimento, popularly known as Pele was a Brazilian footballer born on 23rd October 1940 in Brazil. Pele usually played as a forward or as an attacking midfielder on the football pitch and preferred his right foot.
Pele is widely considered to be the best football player of his time and of all times. He has won three FIFA World Cups and was named the FIFA co-Player of the Century in 1999. His long journey as a football player has been tremendous.
Pele made his international debut in 1957 at age 16 and the following year played his first game in the World Cup finals in Sweden. At such an early age he made his debut where children do not know what to do with their lives.
He has been an inspiration for all of us and that's why quotes by Pele are important for us to live life like an example for others. He has been an incredible player during his time and still recognized as one of the most brilliant players in the history of football. Let us recollect his words of knowledge.
So here we present inspiring Pele quotes that will surely make you motivated and encouraged throughout the day.
1. Success isn't determined by how many times you win, but by how you play the week after you lose.
Success is not always about winning something. It is also about how you cope with the defeat and play with more determination after you lose.
2. There is always someone out there getting better than you by training harder than you.
You don't know how much a person is doing. When you take rest for yourself, there is someone out there who is working harder than you.
3. A lot of people, when a guy scores a lot of goals, think, 'He's a great player' because a goal is very important, but a great player is a player who can do everything on the field. He can do assists, encourage his colleagues, give them the confidence to go forward. It is someone who, when a team does not do well, becomes one of the leaders.
A good player is not who only scores goals but someone who can cheer his team and when the team is not performing well, he can act as a leader.
4. Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.
Success doesn't come with accidents. It is hard work, determination behind it. Behind every successful person, there are many hardships behind it.
5. If you don't give education to people, it is easy to manipulate them.
If people aren't educated, they will be unable to make their own decisions because of a lack of knowledge. So it will be easy to manipulate them.
6. I am constantly being asked about individuals. The only way to win is as a team. Football is not about one or two or three-star players.
Football is not just about a single-player playing wonderfully but by a team playing as a single unit. There are no such things that a single player is brilliant. The whole team is brilliant.
7. The World Cup is a very complicated tournament - six games, seven if you make it to the final - and maybe if you lose one game you're out, even if you're the best
The world cup is a very crucial spot. You have to win all the games and if you lose won you're out of the tournament, even if you're a great team. But one defeat doesn't define your worth.
8. The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.
It is a fact that the more you chase for the victory, the greater will be the satisfaction of victory.
9. If I pass away one day, I am happy because I tried to do my best. My sport allowed me to do so much because it’s the biggest sport in the world.
No one knows what will be the future but one should be happy because they have done what they could have done and they have tried to give their best shot.
10. Great teams are not made up of many well-rounded players. Great teams are made up of a variety of players, each having its strengths.
Great teams are not made by having some well -rounded players but by having a variation in players, each having their strengths and capabilities.
11. If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing.
Everyone remembers the one who comes first and no one recalls the one who comes second or third. So it means if you are second, you're nothing but that's not true.
12. I don't believe there is such a thing as a 'born' soccer player. Perhaps you are born with certain skills and talents, but quite frankly it seems impossible to me that one is born to be an ace soccer player.
There's nothing as a born player, no one born as an ace player. Their hard work and passion are what makes them an ace player and nothing else.
13. Sport is very inspirational for young people.
Sports are indeed very moving for young people. They develop the feeling of sportsmanship, harmony, teamwork, cooperation.
14. I've come to accept that the life of a frontrunner is a hard one, that he will suffer more injuries than most men and that many of these injuries will not be accidental.
People who are in charge are more responsible for any unfortunate happening.
15. The ambition should always be to play an elegant game.
Pele quotes inspire us to have the right intention while executing. The intention should always be to play a fair and nice game.
16. No individual can win a game by himself.
No one individual can indeed win a game by himself. It is the group, the team together which manages to win a game. A team's cohesiveness is important to win a game.
17. If you ever want to be a decent player, you have to be able to use both feet without stopping to think about it.
If you want to be a good player in future, you should be able to use both your soles without any thoughts on it. You have to work hard to be a good player.
18. A penalty is a cowardly way to score.
A penalty is a timid way to score. If you defeat your opponent, defeat them by playing exceptionally well. These tactics are not meant for true sportsmanship.
19. Most important thing is to be a good man.
Whatever you'll achieve in life, will only benefit you if you're a good person. The most important and foremost thing is to be a decent man.
20. Whenever I come to the field, I try to do my best for other people.
Whenever I come to the field, I try to perform the best out of me with my utmost priority and sincerity.
21. When you play against dirty players or very tough players, it’s easy to escape because you know what they’re going to do. But when the player is tough but intelligent, it’s much more difficult.
When players play a dirty game it's easy to escape because you know what will be their next move but if a player is tough as well as intelligent, the situation becomes much more difficult.
22. I don’t think I’m a very good businessman. I act too much with my heart.
There should be a balance between your heart and mind. Make your decisions wisely.
23. Enthusiasm is everything. It must be taut and vibrating like a guitar string.
Enthusiasm is everything to achieve a goal. If you aren't enthusiastic you won't be able to learn. Enthusiasm is the one thing that should be stretched and throb like a guitar string.
24. How much soccer training is needed to become a top player? It depends on the efficiency of your training routine. Setting long and short-term goals is a must. When planning out a soccer training regime, one must strive for a realistic and consistent program that will diminish specific weaknesses.
It doesn't depend on how much you train yourself but how much you're efficiently training yourself. It should be consistent. Broad versatility of soccer skills is a paradise for every dedicated trainee.
25. I treat everybody the same. You know I love to be with people: youngsters.
I treat everyone with the same warmth. No one is treated more or less than anyone.
26. I represent Brazil all over the world. Wherever I go I have to do my best, to not disappoint the Brazilian people. And that I’ve done.
I have to do my best to not disappoint my native country because I'm a representative of my country.
27. When I was playing, they said soccer was a man’s world and women should remain on the sidelines, all I can say is I’m glad I never had to go up against Mia Hamm.
They had always told me that soccer is a mans dominated arena and women should remain on the sidelines. Well, all I can say is that I'm glad that I never got the opportunity to go up against Mia Hamm.
28. I’ve come to accept that the life of a frontrunner is a hard one, that he will suffer more injuries than most men and that many of these injuries will not be accidental.
People who are in charge are responsible for all the misfortune that happens. They have to suffer more.
29. George Best was the greatest player in the world.
According to Pele, George Best was the greatest player in the world. He was an Irish player and was devoted to Manchester United.
30. Yes, I have a lot of business interests. But I don’t work for just anyone, and I choose the companies very carefully.
I don't work for anyone, I work for myself.
31. You must respect people and work hard to be in shape. And I used to train very hard. When the other players went to the beach after training, I was there kicking the ball.
To reach your ultimate goal, hard work is the key that will lead to your destination.
32. I want to do my best to make people happy. I play with my heart for the sport.
Football is very sacred to me. I play with all my heart for this sport.
33. Everything on earth is a game. A passing thing. We all end up dead. We all end up the same, don’t we?
Everything in the world is a game and we all are playing simultaneously. Time is like a passing thing.
34. Wherever you go, there are three icons that everyone knows: Jesus Christ, Pele, and Coca-Cola.
He made a name for himself that everyone remembered his name back then and still know him
35. Ronaldo has come through for the past two or three years and is the best in Europe. I think at the moment no doubt Ronaldo is the best player.
In today's generation, Ronaldo is the best player and there is no one like him.
36. To be a striker you need to be in good shape.
To be able to play well you need to be in good shape. Exercise is the most important and your vigorous practice will make you a good striker.
37. When you control the ball you control the score.
Control on the ball is the most important. If you can control the ball you can dominate the scoreboard.
38. Everything is practice.
Well, we all have heard a similar quote like this that Practice makes a man perfect. So everything we do needs practice. If we want to become the best then practice is necessary.
39. Edson is the person that supports Pele. Edson is the base. Pele just comes and adds the face.
Edson is his true identity. Pele was his nickname. Edison is the foundation of Pele.
40. Pele doesn’t die. Pele will never die. Pele is going to go on forever.
Pele is a legend and legends never die. They will be remembered forever.
Here comes the end of our 40 inspiring Pele quotes, which must have clicked with you. Pele was not just an exceptional player, but he was a true enthusiast. He was a great devotee of his game. That’s what makes all the Pele quotes so important for all aspiring players.
At the age of 16 playing for Brazil, Pele became the youngest player to score a goal in International football. One year later, Pele again made history when, at 17 years old, he was the youngest player ever to win a World Cup. He had made huge records and that is why he is known as one of the best players of all time.
He is well known for his accomplishments and contributions to the game of football. Pele was the recipient of the International Peace Award in 1978. In 1980 he was titled Athlete of the Century by the French sports publication L’Equipe, and he received the same honour in 1999 from the International Olympic Committee.
In 2014 the Pele Museum opened in Santos, Brazil. In addition to his accomplishments in sports, he published various best-selling autobiographies and starred in several successful documentary and semi-documentary films. He also composed numerous musical pieces, including the soundtrack for the film Pele (1977).
He was a great player on-field and his great determination and perseverance have made him what he is today. He is truly an inspirational figure for all of us. His determination and passion for his game is the one thing that we all should learn from him. Stay inspired with these Pele quotes!
- 40 Ronaldo Quotes To Get The Sporting Spirit and Success
- 34 Messi Quotes To Keep You Moving In Your Life And Get The Ball Rolling
- 35 Football Quotes That Are Motivational And Inspirational Just As The Sport
- 10 FIFA Official Anthems Including Waka Waka That Go Trending Worldwide
- 14 Inspirational Autobiographies of Sportspersons That Tell You To Dream
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events