Forbes, a global media company has released a definitive list of wealthy celebs in India for the year 2017. Of course, all of them are big people, but Forbes India has ranked the country’s highest earning citizens (from entertainment) by their annual income. Out of India’s 100 richest celebrities, the top 10 for 2017 are given below.
1. Salman Khan again tops the list with an estimated income of Rs. 232.8 crore.
The news comes on the same day as the release of Tiger Zinda Hai, doubling the joy of the ‘sultan’. The list of his 2017 films includes blockbusters like Dabangg 3 and Tubelight, with Tiger Zinda Hai joining the list today. He is surely the entertainer for 2017.
2. Shah Rukh Khan stands second with an estimated income of 170.5 crore.
The Bollywood ‘baadshah’ is a distant second to Salman Khan but he too gave us memorable movies like Raees and Jab Harry Met Sejal. He also produced Ittefaq, starring Sidharth Malhotra.
3. Virat Kohli gains the third spot with an estimated income of Rs. 100.72 crore.
The Indian skipper, captain of the Indian cricket team is the first sportsperson to make it to the list of highest earning entertainers. He also received the Indian of the Year Award (popular) for 2017. But watching him play on field (besides in his wedding pictures) is a treat.
4. Akshay Kumar retains fourth spot with an estimated income of Rs. 98.25 crore.
The disciplined man entertained us thoroughly through his performances in Toilet: Ek Prem Katha, Jolly LLB 2 and Naam Shabana. We are pretty sure he will give us great films like Pad Man in 2018 as well.
5. Sachin Tendulkar earned fifth spot with an estimated income of Rs. 82.50 crore.
After being the cricket legend, he has become a Rajya Sabha MP to continue serving the nation. He is also a part of sports-based entertainment company Smaaash Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
6. Amir Khan ranks sixth with an estimated income of Rs. 68.75 crore.
Third Khan in the Bollywood trinity, our very own ‘Mr. Perfectionist’ gave us Secret Superstar to make 2017 a good year of movies. People have often mentioned Secret Superstar as the best film of 2017.
7. Priyanka Chopra shines bright at seventh spot with an estimated income of Rs. 68.00 crore.
It feels great to see PC as the first women celebrity to make it to the male dominated list. Although she did do any Indian films after Bajirao Mastani, her international works have entertained us.
8. M S Dhoni fell to eighth spot with an estimated income of Rs. 63.77 crore.
Being India’s favorite and the third cricketer to make it to the top 10 list is commendable. His helicopter shots and strategic discussions with the team are quiet entertaining.
9. Hrithik Roshan jumped to ninth rank with an estimated income of Rs. 63.12 crore.
He is definitely the dedicated actor that the sensitive film, Kaabil needed. Besides the phenomenal performance, he is also second sexiest man in Asia for the year 2017.
10. Ranveer Singh stands at the tenth place with an estimated income of Rs. 62.63 crore.
Our very own Bajirao, bagged our hearts in 2017 with the news of his upcoming movie Padmavati. However, we’ll have to wait for some more time to be entertained by him.
While these are the top 10 celebrities, each of them in the top 100 list hold a special place in our hearts. We hope they keep entertaining us in the future, in the same manner.