Subhash Chandra Bose is popularly known as Netaji. But do we know how he got this name 'Netaji’? He obtained the name in Germany from the Indian soldiers of Azad Hind Fauj. He is regarded as one of the most iconic Indian leaders. He was a true nationalist.
Born on January 23, 1897, Subhash Chandra Bose’s nationalism and iconic call for liberty made him a hero and earned him an inexhaustible reputation. He was an active part of the youth wing of the Indian National Congress before becoming the Congress President back in 1938.
In the late 1920s, he led the young, radical wing of the Indian National Congress. In 1938, he became the president of the party. However, due to differences with Mahatma Gandhi, he was expelled, but that did not impact his intentions and he continued to struggle against the British. His death may be encircled in mystery, but his inheritance continues to inspire generations even today.
His courageous words inspire many even today. Let’s remember the iconic Subhash Chandra Bose with his inspirational quotes. Here we present our list of 25 Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose quotes.
1. It does not matter who among us will live to see India free. It is enough that India shall be free and that we shall give our all to make her free.
You do not have to think about the result before giving a shot to it. India is the sole priority and we will work our every possible bit to make India independent.
2. It is blood alone that can pay the price of freedom. Give me blood and I will give you freedom.
The most famous quotes amongst all the quotes of Subhash Babu. Bose was addressing the people that give me your blood and I'll do every possible bit to give you freedom.
3. No real change in history can be achieved by discussions.
Changes in history cannot be achieved through discussions.
4. Nationalism is inspired by the highest ideals of the human race, Satyam (the truth), Shivam ( the God), Sundaram (the beautiful).
Here, Netaji has given us the three parameters that Nationalism is inspired by. Truth is the ultimate reality. God is almighty.
5. Freedom is not given – it is taken.
Freedom will not be given as a donation, you have to snatch it.
6. One individual may die for an idea, but that idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in a thousand lives.
Ideas never die. If a person's idea is communicated to people, that idea can inspire many others.
7. Life loses half its interest if there is no struggle-if there are no risks to be taken.
Life is nothing without hardships and it is a fact. You have to face some difficulties to be able to achieve your goal.
8. A true soldier needs both military and spiritual training.
As much as physical training is necessary, mental training is also necessary for mental peace. So there should be a balance between both of them.
9. Remember that the grossest crime is to compromise with injustice and wrong. Remember the eternal law: You must give if you want to get.
Never settle with anything offensive or any grievance. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose quotes always inspire you to stand strong in the opposition of wrong and suffering.
10. Men, money and materials cannot by themselves bring victory or freedom. We must have the motive-power that will inspire us to brave deeds and heroic exploits.
We should have the willpower to attain freedom. Materialistic things will not help us to bring freedom.
11. We should have but one desire today - the desire to die so that India may live.
The desire to face a martyr's death, so that the path to freedom may be paved with the martyr's blood.
12. Reality is, after all, too big for our frail understanding to fully comprehend.
Nevertheless, we have to build our life on the theory which contains the maximum truth.
13. The secret of political bargaining is to look more strong than what you are.
Negotiations are valuable. If it suits your interests, there's no harm in doing that.
14. At this unprecedented juncture in our history I have a word for you. Do not be disheartened by our temporary defeat; be cheerful and optimistic.
Do not be disappointed with the first defeat. We have to keep up for the long - term.
15. Take up your arms! we shall carve our way through the enemy's ranks, or if God wills, we shall die a martyr's death.
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose quotes also contain some of his remarkable slogans, which he used to motivate people during the freedom struggle. This is one of them.
16. We must pay for our liberty with our blood. The freedom that we shall win through our sacrifice and exertions, we shall be able to preserve with our strength.
Netaji removed fear from the hearts and minds of people by telling them that freedom can cost us everything, even our blood.
17. You must give if you want to get.
You must give up on something to get something. The sacrifice of one thing equals the satisfaction of another.
18. India is calling, get up, we have no time to lose. We must pay for our liberty with our blood.
We must be ready to face every obstacle, and if it costs our blood then also we shouldn't be afraid of it.
19.Never lose your faith in the destiny of India. There is no power on earth which can keep India in bondage. India will be free and, that too, soon JAI HIND.
Nothing in the world can affect India.
20. We have to build our life on the theory which contains the maximum truth. We cannot sit still because we cannot or do not know the absolute truth.
Truth is the ultimate reality.
21. It is only based on undiluted Nationalism and of perfect justice and impartiality that the Indian Army of Liberation can be built up.
It was only his refined nationalism that the establishment of the Indian Army was feasible.
22. An army that has no tradition of courage, fearlessness and invincibility cannot hold its own in a struggle with a powerful enemy.
If the army is not courageous enough then it can never hold a powerful enemy in the war.
23. Soldiers who always remain faithful to their nation, who are always prepared to sacrifice their lives are invincible.
Soldiers who had sacrificed their lives for the nation, their lives will be indestructible.
24. When we stand, the Azad Hind Fauj has to be like a wall of granite, when we match, the Azad Hind Fauj has to be like a steamroller.
Netaji built the first-ever force to fight against the British and named it Azad Hind Fauj. He instilled in them great patriotism and inclusiveness.
25. For an enslaved people, there can be no greater pride, no lighter honour, than to be the first soldier in the army of liberation.
People who have lived so many years in the British rule it was an honour for them to be the first soldier in the army of liberation.
Here comes the end of our list of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose quotes. By now, you must be motivated enough to lead a life of principles, great courage and dedication.
Like Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose strongly supported the complete independence of India, you should also stand up for the benefit of the whole nation.
Arguably his greatest contribution to India was his persistent allegiance to secularism, something that later became the foundation of the Indian republic. His life and his contribution to the freedom movement is a sense of motivation for all of us.
Though this great personality is not with us anymore he will always be remembered as a real patriot.
- 9 Subhash Chandra Bose Movies That Have Kept Netaji Alive
- 18 Subhash Chandra Bose Books Which Prove Massively Impactful
- 20 Bhagat Singh Quotes That Instill Patriotism and Courage In You
- 25 Mahatma Gandhi Quotes For The World To Lead A Great Life
- 30 Lal Bahadur Shastri Quotes To Help You Face Tough Times
- 30 Great Indian Freedom Fighters The Country Is Proud Of
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events