Munawwar Rana is an esteemed Urdu poet, born in the year 1952. He is originally from Rae Bareli, situated in Uttar Pradesh, but he spent most of his life in Kolkata. The remarkable feature of his poetry is that he used ghazal to eulogize his mother.
People love his poetry because it is written and embraced by warm caresses of metaphors of love and longing, which is very appealing and touches humans' hearts. One of the other notable features of his poetry is the absence of flowery language. Most of the Shayari's we read today on Facebook or Whatsapp forwards are Munawwar Rana Shayaris.
Like every poet faces criticism for his work. Munawwar Rana did too. But the fact remains that he connects with the crowd by his simple language, and the generous use of Hindi words are among the reasons for his popularity among Indian audiences.
Apart from his poetry toward his mother, Munawwar Rana is also famous for penning down Ghazals on society, country, and their politics, including Indian National Congress leader and politician Sonia Gandhi, for which he won his "Shahdaba" Sahitya Akademi Award in 2014.
Here we present a list of 30 remarkable Munawwar Rana Shayari:
1) Bulandiyon ka bade se bada nishan chhua
Uthaya god me Maa ne tab aasman chhua
Munawwar Rana Shayari is known for the depiction of mother's love, care, affection and blessings, which is above everything else in this world.
2) Jab bhi kashti meri sailab men aa jaati hai
maa dua karti hui khvab men aa jaati hai
We learn about life and its various faces from our mother, which allowed us to navigate life with ease.
3) Khud ko is bheed me tanha nahi hone denge
Maa tujhe hum abhi boodha nahi hone denge
This is yet another remarkable Munawwar Rana Shayari on maa (mother). It tells us to become the support of and to give affection to our mother when grows old. This way, she will feel strong and significant.
4) Udas rehne ko acha nahi batata hai
Koi bhi zaher ko mitha nahi batata hai
Kal Apne Aap ko dekha tha Maa ki aankho me
Ye aaina hame buddha nahi batata hai
A mother--a six-letter word; no simple phrase could describe the complexity that comes with that word.
5) Is Tarah mere gunahon ko wo dho deti hai
Maa bahut gusse me hoti hai to ro deti hai
The hardest part of being a mother is being a mother.
6) Ro rahe the sab to main bhee phoot ke rone lagaa
Warna mujhko betiyon ki rukhsati acche lagi
7) Kisi ko ghar mila hisse men ya koi dukan aai
main ghar mein sab se chota tha mere hisse mein maa aayi
This Munawwar Rana Shayari has touched on equitable distribution topic brushed under the carpet, usually in the veil of family and culture.
8) Zindagi tu kab talak dar-dar phire egi hamen
Toota-phoota hi sahi ghar-bar hona chahiye
9) Gharon mein yun sayanee betiyaan bechain rehati hain
Ki jaise sahilon par kashtiyan bechain rehti hain
10) Labon pe uske kabhi baddua nahi hoti
Bas ek Maa hai jo kabhi khafa nahi hoti
This Munawwar Rana shayari on maa (mother) highlights the much-unnoticed fact about mothers - patience and forgiveness. It may take you years to figure this out: you would never love your mother as much as she loves you.
11) Aisa lagta hai ki jaise khatam mela ho gaya
Uad gai aangan se chidiya ghar akela ho gaya
12) Duniya mujhe sahil se khadi dekh rahi hai,
main ek jazireh ki tarah doob raha hun
13) Maine jannat toh nahi dekhi,
Maine Maa dekhi hai
Truly Paradise lies under the feet of our mother. In this Munawwar Rana Shayari he is comparing his mother to paradise.
14) Maine rote Huye poche the Kisi din aansoo,
muddaton Maa ne nahi dhoya dupatta apna
15) Ae andhere dekhle Muh tera kala ho gaya,
Maa ne aankhen khol di ghar me ujala ho gaya
16) Yeh aisa karz hai jo main ada kar hi nahin sakta
Main jab tak ghar na lautun meri maa sajde mein rehti hai
This Munawwar Rana Shayari states that mother's love is never-ending. They would pray for their children as much as they could and as long as they are supposed to.
17) Farishte aake unke jism pe khushboo lagte hain
Woh bachche rail ke dibbe mein jo jhadu lagate hain
18) Tere daaman mein sitaare hain to honge aye falak
Mujhko mere Maan ki maili odhni achi lagi
The fact Munawwar Rana Shayari makes people feel something so ordinary is so beautiful.
19) Ek aansu bhi hukumat ke liye khatra hai
Tum ne dekha nahin aankhon ka samundar hona
20) Kam-se-kam bachchon ke hothon ki hasi ki khatir
Aesi mitti me milana ki khilona ho jaun main
21) Meri khwahish hay ki main phir se farishta ho jaun,
maa se is tarah lipat jaaoon ke bachchaa ho jaaoon
A mother's love is forever, regardless of the kid's age, and the love lives forever.
22) So jate hain footpath pe aḳhbar bicha kar
mazdoor kabhi neend ki goli nahi khate
Munawwar Rana shayari gives a nice perspective of our society, which has a significant gap between the rich and the poor.
23) Gar kabhi rona hi pad jaye to itna rona
aa ke barsat tire samne tauba kar le
24) Ham nahi the to kya kami thi yahan
ham na honge to kya kami hogi
25) Ye soch ke maan baap ki ḳhidmat mea laga hoon
is ped ka saaya mere bachchon ko milega
This Munawwar Rana Shayari makes us realize the importance of our grandparents. Our grandparents are the roots that support us at the base underground also, they offering shade to the next generation.
26) Ham sab ki jo dua thi use sun liya gaya
phulon ki tarah aap ko bhi chun liya gaya
27) Main ne to saari umr nibhai hai dosti
vo mujh se kha ke meri qasam bhi nahin mila
This Munawwar Rana Shayari stresses the topic of friendship. You need to be an excellent friend to surround yourself with good friends.
28) Mujhe pata to chale mujh men aib hain kya kya
vo aaina hai to main us ke rubaru ho jaun
29) Zindagi taash ke patton ki tarah hai meri
aur patton ko bahar-hal bikhar jaana hai
Achieving Perfection is not possible in the grand scheme of life. You just have to make the very best of it.
30) Masarraton ke khazane hi kam nikalte hain
kisi bhi siine ko kholo to gham nikalte hai
This Munawwar Rana Shayari is very relevant, considering nobody has a perfect life, everyone has their problems. Some people just know how to deal with it correctly.
Munawwar Rana is acclaimed for avoiding grandiloquent language, his effective style of using Hindi and Awadhi words, in addition to Urdu. This aspect makes him a standout among his contemporaries. Rana Sahab reinvented the genre of a ghazal and has penned hundreds of poems to rhapsodize the Mother.
- 15 Shayaris From Gulzar Songs That Added Soul And Romance To Films
- 43 Rahat Indori Shayaris That Will Make Him Immortal in Our Lives
- 30 Jaun Elia Shayaris On Love, Life, and Patriotism To Ignite Your Mind
- 30 Waseem Barelvi Shayari And Poetry On Love, Life And Friendship
- 30 Sahir Ludhianvi Shayaris and Poetry in Urdu On Love and Life
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events