If we look into today's situation, we are all caught up in the four walls of either our office or our houses. We have made ourselves so busy in the everyday schedule that we forget to break this wall of an enigma surrounded us. Between this win-win and chaotic situation, traveling or pursuing any hobby will give you the peace of mind for which you are craving.
If you are a travel person, then mountains are calling you. Mountains are majestic and soothing.
Hiking is rejuvenating and beautiful. The world looks much better when sighed from the top of a mountain. Let us skydive from this mountain into a deep valley of mountainous quotes to refreshen you and ignite the adventurer in you.
Here is a list of 70 mountain quotes to revive the energy in you.
1. "The best view comes after the hardest climb." - Unknown
Let us energize ourselves with this first mountain quote. After long hours of trekking and hiking, we find peace and satisfaction when we admire the mountain beauty present around us.
2. "Going to the mountains is like going home." – John Muir.
John Muir says what an adventurer's heart feels like when the explorer is climbing the summit of a mountain. Every trekker while trekking will feel like a home call.
3. "Life is better in hiking boots." – Unknown.
A person who is always excited about hiking will feel enthusiastic about hiking boots and start his wander. This mountain quote is for crazy mountain lovers.
4. "Go where you feel alive." – Unknown.
Mountains make a person feel alive after a tiring climb. The instant you reach the top and drink water and look around, all the tiredness vanishes in the blink of an eye.
5. "Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you." – David McCullough Jr.
David McCullough Jr. asks us to climb the mountain and adore the beauty of the mountains, the peace, and serenity through the given mountain quote.
6. "I learn something every time I go into the mountains." Michael Kennedy.
Traveling, exploring help us find our lost selves. Climbing mountains teach us a new thing every time we explore them.
7. "If you think you have peaked, find a new mountain." – Unknown.
Always be enthusiastic about accepting changes. Every new mountain will help you find a better version of yourself.
8. "You are not in the mountains. The mountains are in you." – John Muir.
John Muir is famous for his mountain quotes. The person who enjoys trekking and hiking always seeks mountains and their beauty.
9. "If you need me, you can find me in the mountains." – Unknown.
This mountain quote describes a person who is a mountain lover. It says that whenever you find e disappeared you will find the way to me in the mountains.
10. "Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you are climbing it." – Andy Rooney.
The best view comes after the tiring climb right. The picturesque, that scenery, those skyscraping mountains gives you satisfaction and makes it worth climbing them.
11. "Mountains are like the great equalizer. It does not matter who anyone is or what they do." – Jimmy Chin.
Mountains are the ones who bring out the best in us. It does not matter who we are what we do. They teach us many new things and how to deal with life.
12. "Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence." - Hermann Buhl.
Hermann Buhl righteously says in this mountain quote that we can tactfully deal with our overconfidence once we begin the journey of climbing the summits.
13. "In the mountains for you sometimes invitation is sent, sometimes you are tolerated and sometimes told to go home." - Fred Beckey.
The view helps us be calm and focus on ourselves. When we find peace, decisions are easy to handle. Mountains are a perfect choice to attain that calmness.
14. "Mountains are the beginning and the end of all-natural scenery." - John Ruskin.
All the beautiful things start with the journey of trekking and also end when we see the view amidst the clouds and mountains making us happy.
15. "Climbing is my art; I get so much joy and gratification from it." – Jimmy Chin.
Every mountain lover will find happiness in the mountains. How much ever hard the path is to reach there, says the given mountain quote.
16. "You climb to reach the summit, but once there, discover that all roads lead down." – Stanislaw Lem.
Once we reach the top and look down, we see the best scenery. The journey of this beautiful one starts with a single step. All the roads lead us to the enthralling place.
17. "I think, every time I am on the mountain, I am just so grateful to be there." – Chloe Kim.
Every mountaineer is blessed and considers himself lucky to be there. Chloe Kim expresses his feeling through the given mountain quote.
18. "He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary." – Friedrich Nietzsche.
Friedrich Nietzsche conveys his idea of life from the mountain quote that the one can deal with climbing the highest of summits is a genius in handling all problems.
19. "Great things execute when men and mountains meet."- William Blake.
A comparison between real men and mountains shows that not all things which look sky soaring are mountains. Similarly, all males are not men. A real man's definition is his deeds and character.
20. "One-day exposure to mountains is better than a cartload of books." - John Muir.
Mountains teach us a lot which books cannot. Hence John Muir advises us in his mountain quote to step out and climb the majestic beauty.
21. "It is not the mountains ahead to climb that wears you out; it is the pebble in your shoe." - Muhammad Ali.
The people who criticize mountains are the ones who are making reasons as they do not want to climb the mighty beauty. It is their loss. They are missing the most well-crafted part of their lives.
22. "Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge, enjoy the air, and behold the view." - David McCullough Jr.
Climbing the mountain helps you rejuvenate and get lost in its beauty. We must accept this challenge and start trekking as our hobby.
23. "Hike more. Worry Less."– Unknown.
Trekking will always give you fewer reasons to worry. Amidst nature, who cannot be happy?
24. "When preparing to climb a mountain, pack a light heart." – Dan May.
When you take up this challenge of climbing the summits, make sure to be stress-free and jolly. Then only you will eat the best dessert of your life awaiting you.
25. "When everything feels like an uphill struggle, think of the view from the top." – Unknown.
All tiredness, stress vanishes once you are standing high above and admiring the beauty of nature.
26. "Mountains are earth undecaying monuments." – Nathaniel Hawthorne.
Nathaniel Hawthrone describes mountains as the 8th wonder of the world through the given mountain quote. It can never be decayed if we protect them.
27. "Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery of why we climb." – Greg Child.
If we start trekking newly, we will not know the answer to why exactly we are climbing. But once mountains get on our nerves, we will realize the connection between us and the mountains.
28. "In the mountains, there are only two grades: you can do it, or you cannot." – Rusty Baillie.
Climbing a mountain comes with two options either you will win. Or you will lose. We should prefer winning because climbing will teach you many unusual things.
29. "The experienced mountain climber is not intimidated by a mountain. He takes inspiration from it." - William Arthur Ward.
A mountaineer never shakes off when he sees a mighty mountain. He always looks at it as a new day, a new challenge to complete.
30. "Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves and half in love with oblivion." – Robert Macfarlane.
Mountains allow you to fall in love with them as well as with yourselves. We fall in love with the beauty the mountain offers when we reach the top half, sweating and panting.
31. "Life is a bit like mountaineering - never look down."- Edmund Hillary.
Once we start reaching the heights of success, we should stay grounded and not look at our past. Mountaineering is the same. Once we are enjoying the view, we do not look down.
32. "Life sucks a lot less when you add mountain air, a campfire, and some peace." – Brooke Hampton.
When we are struggling with life's chores, mountains bring peace and comfort to our chaotic life. That mountain, campfire, and a night spent at the mountains admiring the endless sky is more than enough to make us feel lively.
33. "The higher you climb on the mountain, the more the wind blows." - Sam Cunnings.
The given quote is a wise mountain quote by Sam Cunnings. A comparison is between life and mountains. The more we start reaching heights, the more obstacles we have to face.
34. "Stop staring at mountains. Climb them instead, yes, it is difficult, but it will lead you to a better view." – Unknown.
The mountains look huge when looked at from below. But once you start with the journey of reaching the top, it will be a fruitful one.
35. "The summit is what drives us, but the climb itself is what matters." – Conrad Anker.
We all talk about the final result, the success but, fail to look at the path we followed. What matters more is the path we followed and what it taught us before reaching the heights, says the given mountain quote.
36. "Because in the end, you will not remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddam mountain."- Jack Kerouac.
What you remember is the time when you are happy. Working and spending time in the daily schedule will give you promotion and satisfaction. Traveling, exploring, climbing, and trekking will help you find the inner peace for which you are hunting.
37. "The mountains are calling, I must go." – John Muir.
John Muir, a mountain enthusiast in his mountain quote, shows his excitement to visit and explore mountains.
38. "Each fresh peak ascended teaches something." – Sir Martin Conway.
Every new mountain that we climb has a new journey to show us. Sir Martin Conway expresses his experience of mountaineering through the given mountain quote.
39. "The climb speaks to our character, but the view, I think, to our souls." – Lori Lansens.
The climb is not easy, but the person who does not give up the trekking shows his determined nature. The view when comes touches our mind, body, and soul, leaving us spellbound.
40. "Everybody wants to reach the peak, but there is no growth on the top of a mountain. It is in the valley that we slog through, the lush grass and rich soil, learning and becoming what enables us to summit life next peak." – Andy Andrews.
When we are on the journey of reaching heights and enjoying the scenic beauty, the path, the valleys, the climb teaches us the incredible concept of life.
41. "When life gives you mountains, put on your boots and hike." – Unknown.
This mountain quote expresses a mountaineer's feelings and craving to climb the mountains as soon as possible.
42. "No matter how tall the mountain is, it cannot block the sun." – Emily Kay McCallister.
The beauty of the mountains and the panorama is exquisite to experience. The sun's rays touching our face is incredible and lively. Mountains and sun rays are the best combination.
43. "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So, get on your way!" - Dr. Seuss.
Dr. Seuss says in his mountain quote to get ready and go trekking. Enjoy this day to the fullest.
44. "I think, every time I am on the mountain, I am just so grateful to be there"– Chloe Kim.
Chloe Kim thanks the mountains for the things it has taught through the given mountain quote.
45. "Who would not be a mountaineer! Up here, all the world prizes seem nothing"- John Muir.
The moment you are on the top of the mountain, that view of that panorama is priceless. It is breathtaking and gives us the feeling that we have achieved all the noble awards.
46. "The way up to the top of the mountain is always longer than you think. Do not fool yourself the moment will arrive when what seemed so near is still very far." – Paulo Coelho.
Paulo Coelho says that the things we feel we have conquered. But they are a lot away from our reach.
47. "Mountains teach us those things which the world rationally cannot explain."– Aleksander Lwow.
Bookish knowledge does not teach you everything. We never know which chapter is going to come for our life's exam. Mountains teach us those things which an experienced teacher cannot.
48. "The cliche is that life is a mountain. You go up, reach the top and then go down." – Jeanne Moreau.
This mountain quote of Jeanne Moreau says that it is very ironic that we go up to relax and get down, taking the memories of charming beauty with us.
49. "It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves." – Unknown.
Mountains help us discover our lost selves. Hence this mountain quote is correct.
50. "Coffee, Mountains, Adventure." – Unknown.
Mountains, the adventure, and of course, coffee is a stress buster.
51. "Nothing lives long, only the earth and mountains." – Dee Brown.
Mountains will never leave your side. They are the 8th wonder of the world which makes you feel lively.
52. "Never measure the height of a mountain until you reach the top. Then you will see how low it was."- Dag Hammarskjold.
When we say that it is a very tall mountain, I cannot make it is not affirmative. We should accept the challenge. And climb the summit and then see the smile when we see the best view.
53. "Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than what we could learn from books." –John Lubbock.
John Lubbock also explains the importance of traveling and exploring the mountains through his mountain quote.
54. "We always discuss reaching the top of the mountain as the challenge. But those that have been there are well versed with coming back down is the hardest part." - Unknown.
A mountaineer knows all the parts of hiking. So getting down from the mountain is quite a tough job, says the given mountain quote.
55. "The sun shines brightest from the peaks of mountains." - Unknown.
The brighter part of life when on top of the mountain is experienced. Beautiful sunrise or sunset adds to the beauty of the mountains.
56. "Accidents on big mountains happen when people's ambitions cloud their good judgment. Good climbing is about climbing with heart and with instinct, not ambition and pride." – Bear Grylls.
Climbing is for pleasure and finding happiness. Not every time we climb a mountain for ambition or pride says Bear Grylls in his mountain quote.
57. "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings." – John Mui.
John Mui suggests climbing the mountains and feels the good vibes they offer us.
58. "So this was what a mountain was like, the same as a person: the more you know, the less you fear." – Wu Ming-Yi.
Wu Ming-Yi beautifully and righteously compares mountains to a person, saying that the more we acquaint ourselves with the mountains. The more we get to learn and all the fear vanishes.
59. "Every mountain top is within reach, if you keep climbing." – Barry Finlay.
We may feel that the mountain is too hard to reach, but no peak is tough to climb. With determination, we can trek on any hill.
60. "We are now in the mountains, and they are in us, kindling enthusiasm, making every nerve quiver, filling every pore and cell of us." - John Muir.
Once we start enjoying the mountains and climbing them, then they will be on our minds and hearts forever, says John Muir in this given mountain quote.
61. "The greatest gift of life on the mountain is time. Time to think or not think, read or not read, scribble or not scribble—to sleep and cook and walk in the woods, to sit and stare at the shapes of the hills." - Phillip Connors.
If we plan a campfire in the mountains, we can experience the best time of our life. Amidst nature, we find the unknown side of us, and it helps us to makeover ourselves.
62. "Our peace shall stand as firm as rocky mountains." – William Shakespeare.
Shakespeare shares in his mountain quote that our peace will always be with us as long as we are firm and stubborn like the mountains.
63. "We have climbed the mighty mountain. I see the valley below, and it's a valley of peace." – George W. Bush.
George W. Bush expresses the peace and satisfaction that he experiences when on the mountain in his mountain quote.
64. "I like the mountains because they make me feel small. They help me sort out what is crucial in life." – Mark Obmascik.
When admiring the majestic mountain, you may feel small. But mountains help you in making decisions and learn the crucial parts of life.
65. "I go to seek a great perhaps." – John Green.
When you are bored with the everyday routine, grab your backpack and hiking shoes and get on the mountaineering track.
66. "Mountains are not stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve. They are the cathedrals where I practice my religion."- Anatoli Boukreev.
Anatoli Boukreev conveys from the given mountain quote that, for him, mountaineering is like preaching and finding his god in the mountains. He is a mountaineer.
67. "Mountaineering is a lot like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer, you are damn glad when it is over, but it is a memorable story." - Unknown.
Yes, the climbing journey is not so easy. But once it is over, the moment is forever to cherish.
68. "Beyond the mountains, more mountains." - A Haitian Proverb
There is no single mountain that exists. There are groups of mountains to explore and climb, says a Hatin mountain proverb.
69. "Mountains slowly change, but they will always be there, defining Freedom." - Foster Kinn
Mountains define freedom. They may change but, the liberty they have to offer is undefinable.
70. "How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains!" - John Muir
Now let us end this beautiful journey again with John Muir's mountain quote. It seems so wondrous to be at the top glancing at the sun rays and the beauty they offer.
Time to travel down the mountains. The next time when you feel dizzy and feel like having a break, do visit the mountains. I am pretty sure you will feel energized and lively.
The view and panorama are breathtaking and worth the climb. The given list of mountain quotes will help you more to relate to them. If you liked this article, do like and share.
We would love to hear about your mountain adventures in the comment box below.