Sometimes all it takes to get you through your next workout session is an inspirational quote to remind you why you’re doing it in the first place. As athletes and fans, we have so many reasons we want to be physically fit, whether it’s to improve our performance or simply stay healthy and live longer.
If you need some extra motivation to push through those last couple of reps or finish out your run, check out this list of motivation for fitness quotes that will help you get pumped up!
1. Visualize yourself as a winner.
Our very first motivation for fitness quote tells you to see yourself as a winner and fulfill all the necessities that will be required in order to achieve that.
2. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
“What if” is a huge question! So why take risks in not doing the things that we can! This motivation for fitness quote states that every time you miss on doing something, you miss a chance to accomplish something great.
3. Don't be afraid to start. The first step is always going to be a huge one, but as long as you don't let fear hold you back, chances are good that you'll find success.
This motivation for fitness quote reminds us that if we set goals, the actions we take will be based on our life’s mission rather than our day-to-day moods.
4. There are no guarantees, of course, and there are certainly times when it's better not to move forward. However, if your gut is telling you that something is worth pursuing, then, by all means, pursue it with all of your might!
This fitness quote is something you should say out loud to yourself whenever you are in a state of self-doubt.
5. It takes a singular focus to become an overachiever.
This powerful motivational quote for fitness is said by one and only David Goggins, who is himself an example of how much one can train its body and mind.
6. Discipline > > > > motivation.
No fitness quote can be more effective than this one.
7. You become what you believe.
Everything we achieve in life is based upon our subconscious. Be it weak or strong.
8. A workout isn’t 90 minutes in the gym, it’s a lifestyle.
Once you start working out, not only your body gets into shape, the mind muscles also strengthen with time.
9. Sweat has magical properties. Cover yourself in it daily to grant your wishes.
Consistency is hard to maintain but it’s worth every drop of sweat.
10. The ones who succeed are the ones with their hearts in it.
We make a lot of justifications in our everyday lives; we find some reason to not do anything we would not want to do because it is just so easy to do. But, in time, each of these justifications will be in vain.
Daily sustenance, as well as constant care and activity, are required for our bodies. And, if we don't make any excuses, dedicating just a little attention to our fitness might be useful.
11. It doesn't matter if things go wrong, because they will. It doesn't matter if people tell you that you can't do it, because they will.
This motivational fitness quote alludes to the recent risks that the globe has encountered, highlighting the importance of physical fitness for something other than maintaining our bodies in shape.
It is equally critical that we safeguard ourselves. Poor physical fitness might put us in danger not only in the community as well as in our own bodies.
12. All that matters is that you're doing what makes sense for YOU, and THAT'S what will make all of the difference in your life.
Remember, nothing can stop a person who refuses to be stopped. Most people don’t really fail, they simply give up trying.
13. Fitness has nothing to do with age.
This motivation for fitness quote teaches us that most of the limitations that hold us back from our dreams are self-imposed.
So, shed the shackles of ‘tiny thinking’, have the bravery to dream big for a change and accept that failure is not an option.
14. You must exercise to enjoy the glow of good health.
This fitness quote is the perfect way to say that your sweat is indeed the real glow; and congratulations you earned it.
15. Be stronger than your excuses.
Confront your fears and be willing to expand your comfort zone. The courage muscle can be developed just like any other muscle- with exercise.
And when you do an activity outside your comfort zone a few times, you know what happens?
That same activity becomes part of your comfort zone!
16. Yesterday you said tomorrow.
So what you chose over health leads to peace, joy, and contentment for you then they are right; otherwise, they are wrong.
17. Sticking to a fitness routine can be difficult at times, especially when life gets busy or you just want to sleep in on the weekend. But every time you skip your workout because you don’t feel like it, your body loses out on an opportunity to get stronger and healthier.
By committing to some simple fitness motivational quotes, you can re-energize yourself and get back into the habit of sticking to your workout routine.
18. Don’t limit your challenges, challenge your limits.
It’s not about being hard or easy,it’s a choice.
If you want to renounce the false, it gets renounced. It is neither easy nor difficult; it happens.
And if you don’t want to renounce it, it doesn’t get renounced.
19. This month’s exercise is next month’s health.
This fitness quote is so apt; if you are not investing yourself in the right kind of work, in the right persuasion, then the body itself can be pretty heavy to carry.
20. ‘I’ is the only difference between fit and fat.
Peace is the most important component of our life; no one can live peacefully without it.
Consider this for folks who adore riding on rides, especially roller coasters.
What if you become too weak and ill to care for yourself one day, and you lose out on that once-in-a-lifetime chance to travel that roller-coaster?
Similarly, good health allows us to do many of the things we want to do; staying joyful and maintaining a healthy body are two phrases that go hand-in-hand.
21. Determine what is holding you back.
Another fitness quotation emphasizes the need of working out on a daily and regular basis.
It demonstrates that exercise is for toughening up, tying up loose ends, and moving out of a person's previous weak state.
22. While we all like instant results, and failure can feel disappointing, know that sticking with your workout plan long-term will only help you achieve success!
Another fitness quotation emphasizes the need of working out on a daily and regular basis.
It demonstrates that exercise is for toughening up, tying up loose ends, and moving out of a human's previous weak state. As well as refining the spirit, which implies that if your body shines, so does everything else around you inside and you.
23. Working on yourself until the day you die—Serena Williams.
Many of us can relate to this fitness saying because it appears that we may not have enough time to do anything in our everyday life.
However, while we are focused on vital duties, we assume we don't really have time to work out or simply go for a walk.
As a result, one may get an illness in later years and, in order to overcome this, one must adhere to a fitness plan in order to avoid this from occurring.
24. We all want something good for us.
Don’t we want to have the best for us? When we are too tired from our regular lives, we may forget to perform the one thing we always did.
It may be a set of exercises that you do on a regular basis. This fitness quote for motivation reminds us that when pursuing a fitness regimen, one mistake that people make is not completing it one day at a time and that one day can snowball into a number of days.
25. Permit yourself not to feel strong every day—it's OK if you're not feeling inspired one week (or even one day), and those days shouldn't serve as an excuse to give up!
You may take a break but please don’t give up ever!
26. Winners make it happen; losers let it happen.
People detest difficult and unpleasant work, but it can transform a person in some cases.
Only by completing new and tough tasks can a person's capabilities be found; without the need for a push, everybody on the planet would be satisfied.
As a consequence, challenges can help you transform; nevertheless, if there isn't a problem, the task is simple and everyone can do it.
Make things difficult for yourself and see where it leads.
27. Good habits make all the difference.
Other elements may play a part, but enthusiasm and drive are two significant attributes that help people begin training and looking for their health.
Despite what you can do or think, when you put your goal into action, this becomes a habit. And good habits reward you.
28. The things which hurt, instruct.
This fitness quote motivates you to know the real pain and makes you fall in love with working out.
29. If you are not pursuing your dreams, you are fueling your limitations.
Remember that staying motivated is an inside job: what drives you will look different for everyone, but having a few go-to quotes or mantras can help remind you why you're doing what you're doing.
30. Self-belief and hard work will always earn you success.
This quote for fitness will not only get you started but keep you moving too.
31. There is no gain without pain.
The more you sweat while exercising or engaging in some other activity, the simpler it will be to complete tasks in the future.
32. Once motivation strikes, use it as fuel!
There are many ways to get moving. Set goals and celebrate wins: whether they’re big milestones or small ones along the way, don’t forget to congratulate yourself when you accomplish something significant in your fitness journey.
33. The question isn’t who is going to let you go; the question is who is stopping you.
This motivation for fitness quote has got some news for you.
If any of the **** is stopping you from excelling in life, take a hard look in the mirror.
‘YOU’ are stopping you!
34. Sweat, smile, and repeat.
Fall in love with the fragrance of your hard work, and embrace the scars of the battle.
36. If you think lifting is dangerous, imagine being weak for the rest of your life.
This quote applies to what some of us think about lifting. This has the capability to kill or be dangerous to us, we believe.
However, that's not always the scenario; lifting weights correctly and then within your limits might help you stay injury-free.
It is claimed that being weak should never be done because it is dangerous. Weakness can injure the body and psyche, as well as have an impact on our daily life.
37. Fit is not a destination, it’s a way of life.
38. Give each hour everything you've got.
You don’t need a gym membership or fancy equipment. In fact, you can work out just as effectively with a pair of dumbbells in your home or garage. If you want to be serious about weight loss and sculpting your body, invest in some good weights, a bench, and a nice kettlebell set (you can also find these at many large sporting goods stores). If you are short on cash, check out local flea markets, craigslist, or other websites to find inexpensive but high-quality pieces of equipment.
39. One step at a time: Setting fitness goals is great; making sure they're achievable and specific is better. Start by setting smaller goals on your way to bigger ones—you'll be able to see progress more quickly, and that keeps things fun!
As an added bonus, exercise will become more fun when it isn’t monotonous! If you have access to a pool, water exercises are another great way to get fit. Swimming is one of my favorite ways to lose weight because it is low impact, burns calories, and tones muscles. The best part is that there aren’t any machines involved so I can take my workout anywhere!
40. The only way to succeed is through hard work.
This fitness quotes for motivation not only covers physical growth but sums up every aspect of human weakness.
41. Get a little bit better every day.
If you don’t have weights or a bench and weights for doing upper body workouts, then it’s time to buy some. You’ll be surprised at how much stronger you feel when you have a weight lifting bench under your **** and barbells in your hands. It makes a huge difference. Plus, if you buy just one set of adjustable dumbbells like these, they can provide an excellent full-body workout using all major muscle groups—shoulders, chest, arms, legs, and back. Get moving! Your body will thank you later.
42. No obstacle can break me.
By now, you’ve discovered that a great way to keep yourself motivated is by following a routine. Having a plan will keep you on track and allow you some sense of order even when things are hectic. Remembering all your responsibilities may be difficult at times, so it’s important to have something in place that helps organize your day. As long as your routine doesn’t get too rigid (and remember to reward yourself when necessary), it can help keep you in line while still making time for everything else life throws at you.
43. Tough times don’t last, but tough people do.
44. Getting close to my goal.
The next step is finding a fitness-related quote that inspires and motivates without being too cheesy or banal. Here are a few more motivational quotes to consider: If you don't like how things are, change it!
45. Fear can be a good thing, but not in terms of taking action and reaching your goals. Fear holds us back from achieving our potential because it convinces us that what we’re attempting to achieve is too risky or too challenging.
Thomas Jefferson said, No pain, no gain. If you want to be fit and healthy, you’re going to have to push yourself beyond your comfort zone—even if it means not seeing results in your weight or strength. That’s why fitness is a great motivator.
46. If you find yourself putting off working out because you're afraid of how hard it might be or how little progress you might make, then remember that every single person who exercises has been exactly where you are today.
The workout will become part of your lifestyle instead of an obligation.
47. Don’t stop until you are proud.
For some people, it may be repetitive and boring.
But for others, working out is a form of release and enjoyment. Experiment with different types of workouts (no burpees!); focus on learning new skills; find ways to make your workout something you look forward to each day—no matter how much effort it takes or what kind of shape you’re in—because that makes all the difference in sticking with a program.
48. Exercise because zombies will eat the slow ones.
49. Hustle for those muscles.
50. Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect.
Surround yourself with people who support your health and fitness goals
Research shows that we are more likely to stick with our workout routine when we have a support network of friends and family cheering us on. Schedule workouts with friends, join a local boot camp, or start a neighborhood running club! Having support will keep you motivated and on track!
51. Strength does not come from winning.
To stay motivated while working out, turn off your cell phone and leave it in another room or, better yet, at home.
52. Remember why you started.
The first step in working out is accepting yourself. No matter how much you weigh, no matter what size you are, no matter how many imperfections your body has — YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Embrace it. Find a reason for you to smile in every mirror that you pass. Love who you are and get on with achieving your goals! Your confidence will flow from within and eventually come outwards as well. The journey will be worth it! – Ashley Graham.
53. Be better than yesterday.
Stay focused on what you’re doing and give 100 percent of your energy into each rep or minute of cardio. Also, consider taking a personal trainer; they can help push you past any wall that keeps you from reaching your goals faster.
54. Being ready means having some plan.
Every person who has ever achieved their fitness goals has had to push through fear at some point. So don't let fear hold you back! Embrace it instead and use it as motivation to keep going. Think about all of those other people out there struggling with their weight just like you; if they can do it, so can you! Just get started on your fitness journey and know that everything will work itself out as long as you keep moving forward.
55. Stop waiting for things to happen; go out and make them happen. -Kobe Bryant.
This motivation quote for fitness is said by the legend himself.
Make fitness a habit and commit to just 1 hour a day. After you get used to that, increase it by 15 or 30 minutes per week. There's no point in trying to run for miles on day one, or lift all of your maximum weights on day one—you'll likely get injured and give up before you begin seeing results. By setting small achievable goals, you can gradually work yourself into a workout routine that fits your lifestyle and needs without completely burning out or giving up.
Just make sure you're doing something every single day... even if it's just walking around your block for 10 minutes. Being active is better than not being active at all! If you start today, there will be 365 days from now where you are healthier because of it.
56. Pain is temporary, glory is forever.
As cliché as it sounds, you’ll never get truly passionate about something if you don’t have some sense of joy and excitement when you do it. It’s okay to take a break from fitness once in a while, but make sure that your gym sessions and fitness classes are productive and enjoyable. If they aren’t, try something new! There are so many activities that can help improve your health, it shouldn’t be hard to find one you enjoy. Find an activity or class that makes you happy and stick with it. The long-term results will speak for themselves.
57. If the sun comes up, I have a chance—Venus Williams.
There is still a chance, there’s always a chance left.
58. With persistence, there are no impossibilities.
So when you invest all your passion, effort, and emotions, you accomplish a level of success that no one expects, which becomes something you will never think possible: success.
59. It takes massive action to change your life.
A person's health is just as vital as their job or hobby; good physical health can be achieved by determination. So we must take action knowing that everything in our body influences everything in our mind.
60. If you can dream it you can do it.
Focus on completion, not individual milestones, or let doubt distract you from your goal. Instead of focusing on how far you have left until completion, keep in mind how far you’ve come already. Be sure to stay motivated with motivational fitness quotes that affirm your hard work—and even say it out loud for extra encouragement!
61. To change your circumstances, first, start thinking differently.
The path from start to finish is long, and one day isn’t always like another. Sometimes you can get into a slump, so it’s important that you make sure you keep going no matter what. Just because your motivation wavers at times doesn’t mean it will disappear entirely. Make sure that you take some time each day to do something towards your goals, even if it’s just for a few minutes.
62. The only way to escape fear is action.
The biggest thing about setting goals is knowing how hard you have to work in order to achieve them and sticking with it until you hit that point. Use these quotes as motivation when necessary; they should get you going again and help you keep moving forward each step of the way.
63. Repeat anything enough and it will start to become you.
Everything we achieve in life is based on our subconscious.
64. You must first clearly see a thing in your mind before you can do it.
This motivational quote for fitness defines how a person's life can be transformed through determination. It has the ability to transform the impossible into the achievable and assist them in achieving their goals.
65. You make excuses or you can make progress, but you can’t do both.
Yes, that’s the fact, my friend.
It’s easy to get discouraged when you’re working on a project and progress is slow or feels nonexistent. However, it can be easy to lose focus if you give up too early.
Remember that if you don’t take action, nothing will happen. Action gives birth to motivation. When you first start working out, it can be difficult to stay motivated when there are no results yet, but once you see progress from all your hard work, it becomes easier to keep going until you reach your goal!