Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama was born on 17th January 1964. Being one of the prominent political faces in America, her achievement list is way long to be described here. She is the former First Lady of the United States of America, being the first African-American to be so. Her husband Barack Obama was the 44th president of the United States.
Michelle has been in the limelight for a very long time. She had started campaigns for various issues since the 90s. She had been one of the prime faces who campaigned for the 2008 presidential election in America. She had been the First Lady of the US from 2009-17, but along with that, she's a social activist too. She's been working on a lot of topics starring health issues, supplying healthy food to kids, and most importantly empowering girls worldwide through education.
While in campaigns and other interviews, she has proved that when she speaks, everyone listens with big awe in their face. She is an excellent speaker and has shared a lot of good as well as empowering thoughts that can motivate anyone.
In this Feeding Trends article, we shall read some of those Michelle Obama quotes which store great meaning and might add some more values to our lives.
Here is a list of Michelle Obama quotes you can read and get inspired from :
1. We’ve got to promise each other that our focus in this election won’t be an anomaly, but the rule. That’s how we can not only feel this way right now, but in the months and years ahead. It’s the only way we’ll build a nation worthy of our children.
In this Michelle Obama quotes, she asks us to be responsible while voting. A lot of people indeed cast votes being influenced by someone's words. But everyone should think wisely before voting.
2. But we’ve also got to recognize that the path to progress will always be uphill. We’ll always have to scrape and crawl up toward that mountaintop. And two years from now, four years from now, there will once again be no margin for error.
3. To all the young people out there: I want you to know that you matter. Keep speaking up, keep marching for what you believe in, and most of all, keep voting. You've already shown us what is possible when you do, and you'll continue to make our country better for it.
In Michelle Obama quotes, she influences the youth of the country to stand beside what's right. She influences them to chase their dreams.
4. When somebody walks up to me, don't look around, don't look beyond them. Look them in the eye, take in the story.
5. Whether you come from a council estate or a country estate, your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude.
It is a fact that success can't be inherited, it needs to be achieved. Doesn't matter who you are, what you are or which race or caste you belong to. Success depends on what you are doing and how much you are devoting yourself to it. This golden thought is penned in this Michelle Obama quotes.
6. Your story is what you have, what you will always have. It is something to own.
7. Am I good enough? Yes I am.
Never doubt yourself. You are mentally able. You are equally capable. In this Michelle Obama quotes, she teaches everyone that one should never doubt themselves.
8. Strong men, strong men, men who are truly role models, don’t need to put down women to make themselves feel powerful.
In this Michelle Obama quotes, she states the fact that can be seen in a lot of cases that men often suppress women to showcase their ability and power. That's not what it actually is. Men who suppress women for their upliftment can't be any weaker.
9. Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.
Success is sweet. But what are the ingredients that make it sweet? The time and labour that someone puts in it. Success feels meaningful and pleasurable when you have worked for it. This is quoted in this Michelle Obama quotes.
10. If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's the power of using your voice.
The superpower that the human race is gifted with is their voice. If used profoundly and correctly it can create wonders. Through this Michelle Obama quotes, she shares this wonderful thought.
11. Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.
12. Failure is an important part of your growth and developing resilience. Don’t be afraid to fail.
A lot of people fear failing in life. But through this quote, Michelle Obama tries to generalise the fact that failing is also okay. Failing is a part of life. It teaches values and informs you about the errors that you have in yourself. It gives you the chance to rectify them. Michelle Obama quotes are filled with great messages.
13. Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility.
14. Success isn’t about how much money you make, it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.
Again in another quote by Michelle Obama, she states the actual meaning of success. She tells that success is not running behind money. Success is living your life in such a way that it influences others to do something productive in their lives. This is indeed one of the best Michelle Obama quotes.
15. Success isn’t about how your life looks to others. It’s about how it feels to you.
16. We have to find a way to continue to lift other women up in our worlds and in our lives as much as possible.
In this quote by Michelle Obama, she asks us to help in uplifting girls who don't get all facilities.
17. Whether you come from a council estate or a country estate, your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude.
18. One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.
People will never fail to talk about you on your back. And if you are a public figure, then there's no chance that you do not face any criticism. Here in this Michelle Obama quotes she says that she has always been true to herself and never let anyone else make her question herself.
19. You can't make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.
20. Find people who will make you better.
How wise of a person she is. In this Michelle Obama quotes, it is stated that everyone should choose their circle wisely. Negative people have negative effects while positive has positive.
21. I've seen firsthand that being president doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are.
Winning a president's election or just being a president is not the end of the story. It's the start. Your personality and intentions start reflecting thereafter. This thought is wonderfully quoted in this Michelle Obama quotes.
22. We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own 'to do' list.
23. When they go low, we go high.
24. There are still many causes worth sacrificing for, so much history yet to be made.
In this Michelle Obama quotes, she cheers everyone to not stop and get going. A true person is the one who never gets satisfied with their work. Who wants more and more perfection. Who urges to learn more and more.
25. You cannot take your freedom for granted. Just like generations who have come before you, you have to do your part to preserve and protect those freedoms… you need to be preparing yourself to add your voice to our national conversation.
26. You have to fill your bucket with positive energy and if you have people hanging around you that are bringing you down and not lifting you up, whether that’s your ‘boo’ or your best friend, you have to learn how to push these people to the side.
27. At fifty-four, I am still in progress, and I hope that I always will be.
Age is just a number. In this Michelle Obama quotes, she informs us that even being a woman of 54 years old, she is equally productive. And sees herself in this state only in upcoming times.
28. If my future were determined just by my performance on a standardized test, I wouldn't be here.
29. If you don’t get out there and define yourself, you’ll be quickly and inaccurately defined by others.
Your life is your castle. You have put blocks after blocks. You have given the labour. You have made yourself what you are now. It's your life, you have lived it. And that's why only you know the step by step procedure that went into the whole creation. So it's your responsibility to step up and describe it. Others can't do justice to your story. This is quoted in this Michelle Obama quotes.
30. Do we settle for the world as it is, or do we work for the world as it should be?
31. Everyone on Earth, they'd tell us, was carrying around an unseen history, and that alone deserved some tolerance.
32. Friendships between women, as any woman will tell you, are built of a thousand small kindnesses... swapped back and forth and over again.
In this quote by Michelle Obama, she talks about friendship and woman to woman bonds.
33. We were planting seeds of change, the fruit of which we might never see. We had to be patient.
In this Michelle Obama quotes, she gives this wise message to everyone to be patient. Do good deeds and move on. You might not get the fruit of that deed but someone else will.
34. Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.
35. When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.
36. Just do what works for you because there will always be someone who thinks differently.
37. Every girl, no matter where she lives, deserves the opportunity to develop the promise inside of her.
38. There is no limit to what we can accomplish.
39. The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.
40. Real men treat the janitor with the same respect as the CEO.
These were some wonderful quotes by the former US First Lady Michelle Obama. A person like hers is very very rare. A person who is beautiful inside out. She has influenced a lot of lives worldwide. Now after reading the article did you get inspired? Do let us know in the comments.
- 30 Albert Einstein Quotes That Will Inspire Your Creative Genius
- 50 Bob Marley Quotes on Love, Life, Money, and She
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events