Christmas means a lot of things outside exchanging presents, decorating homes or gardens with lights singing in an infinite pattern, and at times visiting family and friends.
It means those rare snowfalls in the stark night upon the gentle earth the snow glistens bring back the childhood memories of that snowball fight with friends and watching those Christmas movies in an array.
Some may groan at the Christmas tunes yet dance and sing along, not wanting to miss the fun. And sometimes, the love blossoms under the mistletoe as lovers become one. Maybe that's what Christmas means, beyond those ribboned parcels, not the rush and bustle.
The Christmas season is around the corner. In this feeding trends article, we've gathered the best Merry Christmas quotes and sayings that will remind you that Christmas is the time to be happy.
These Merry Christmas quotes — from the brilliant brains of Calvin Coolidge, Dr. Seuss to the author of the classic novel, Little women— will bring you back to the fact that Christmas is a time for families to unite. It is time to share all the laughter and cheers.
1) "Christmas is not a time or a season but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy is to have the real spirit of Christmas. If we think on these things, there will be born in us a Savior and over us will shine a star sending its gleam of hope to the world." — Calvin Coolidge, the 30th President of the United States
This merry Christmas quote states that Christmas is a time for happiness and a time to forgive one another and let go of all the grudges. It is of forgetting self and finding time for family and friends.
2) "I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach." —Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol
3) "Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love." ― Hamilton Wright Mabie
This year on Christmas, may our days be filled with lots of love, little smiles, Loads of happiness among family, and numerous beautiful gifts in the form of books.
4) "If my Valentine you won't be, I'll hang myself on your Christmas tree." ― Ernest Hemingway
5) "One can never have enough socks. Another Christmas has come and gone, and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books." — J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, and the Sorcerer's Stone
This quote is an obligatory merry Christmas quote. There are chances you have at least one friend or family belonging to the Potterverse. This quote will excite them.
6) "Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand." — Dr. Seuss
7) "At Christmas, I no more desire a rose Than wish a snow in May's new-fangled shows." — William Shakespeare, Love's Labour's L
8) "It was the beginning of the greatest Christmas ever. Little food. No presents. But there was a snowman in their basement." — Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
9) "It is Christmas every time you let God love others through you… yes, it is Christmas every time you smile at your brother and offer him your hand." — St. (Mother) Teresa of Calcutta.
Amidst the hustle and bustle, This Christmas, spend your time helping those who are in need.
10) "This is quite the season indeed for friendly meetings. At Christmas, everybody invites their friends about them, and people think little of even the worst weather. I was snowed up at a friend's house once a week. Nothing could be pleasanter. " — Jane Austen, Emma
11) "I felt overstuffed and dull and disappointed, the way I always do the day after Christmas." — Sylvia Plath, The bell jar
Contrary to popular belief, Some people have incredibly awkward conversations with relatives at festivals. People don't like, understand, or appreciate each other in families, and they need to be understood than others saying to be in the spirit of Christmas. This merry Christmas quote sums it up for them.
12) "Christmas doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more." — Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
13) "Nothing ever seems too bad, too hard, or too sad when you've got a Christmas tree in the living room. All those presents under it, all that anticipation. Just a way of saying there's always light and hope in the world." — Nora Roberts
We must understand that sadness is temporary, and some days we feel it more, while other days the less, but in the end, we will be happy once again. These merry Christmas quotes 'get' those who feel isolated around festivals.
14) "The only blind person at Christmas time is he who has not Christmas in his heart." — Helen Keller
15) "Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!" — Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
16) "One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day. Don't clean it up too quickly." — Andy Rooney
17) "Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection." — Winston Churchill
This Christmas, take a moment to reflect on the year that's gone.
18) "My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?" — Bob Hope
19) "It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving." — Mother Theresa
This merry Christmas quote represents that Christmas is one of the most charitable times of the year. In general, it is time to help others in need. Charity should be given not just during the holiday season but throughout the year.
20) "A good conscience is a continual Christmas." — Benjamin Franklin
21) "God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If He gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it." — Pope Francis
22) "Some Christmas tree ornaments do more than glitter and glow; they represent a gift of love given a long time ago." — Tom Baker
This merry Christmas quote states that gifts are an integral part of human life and are part of all cultures worldwide for centuries.
23) "Christmas gives us an opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us." — David Cameron
24) "Christmas isn't a parade or concert but a piece of home you keep in your heart wherever you go." — Donna VanLiere
25) "I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirits in jars and open a jar of it every month." — Harlan Miller
26) "It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air." — W.T. Ellis
27) "Christmas works like glue. It keeps us all sticking together." — Rosie Thomas, author of iris and ruby: A Novel
Christmas reminds us of family and friends that we often take for granted. It lets us appreciate them by bringing them together.
28) "I don't think Christmas is necessarily about things. It's about being good to one another." — Carrie Fisher
29) "The true Christmas spirit is putting others' happiness before our own, and finding you've never known such happiness." — Toni Sorenson
Christmas is about creating happy memories that will last a lifetime. Merry Christmas quotes remind us the value of happiness and staying together.
30) "Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts." — Janice Maeditere
Just take a moment of thought, For those who live in utter distraught. Be grateful and glad to spend the holiday season surrounded by family and friends.
31) "Christmas is for everyone, adults and children alike. Allow this season to fill your heart, and let go of the things you dislike." — Julie Hebert
32) "I love the fact that everybody slightly changes during the holidays. Most people are a little bit brighter and have a little bit more cheer around this time and are a little bit more giving, so I love that."— Jordin Sparks, singer, songwriter, and actress
33) "Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas." — Peg Bracken
Merry Christmas quotes remind us that the most important thing associated with Christmas celebrations is gifts and the art of giving. Cakes, chocolates, wishes and gifts complete Christmas.
34) "Christmas magic is silent. You don't hear it—you feel it. You know it. You believe it." — Kevin Alan Milne
35) "Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind." — Mary Ellen Chase
36) "Christmas is more than just December 25th. It's a season of happiness, love, and anticipation… if you haven't started celebrating yet, you're LATE!" — Olivia Danchik
37) "Bless us, Lord, this Christmas, with the quietness of mind; Teach us to be patient and always to be kind." — Helen Steiner Rice
May this Christmas be filled with the gift of love, the gift of peace, and the gift of happiness.
38) "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." — Buddy the Elf from Elf
39) "Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality." — Washington Irving
40) "Christmas is a time when you get homesick—even when you're home." — Carol Nelson
41) "The smells of Christmas are the smells of childhood." — Richard Paul Evans
42) "Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling." — Edna Ferber
This merry Christmas quote states that Christmas is a Feeling of being blessed to have lived another year, surrounded by family and friends who are in good health and hope for a better next year.
43) "Good news from heaven the angels bring, Glad tidings to the earth they sing:
To us this day a child is given, To crown us with the joy of heaven."— Martin Luther
44) "Gratitude is one of the greatest gifts you can give to others and, of course, to yourself," — Oprah
Merry Christmas quotes are known for spreading positivity. Saying thank you and expressing your heartfelt gratitude towards someone is undoubtedly the best gift you can give to anyone.
45) "Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love." — Hamilton Wright Mabie
46) "A lovely thing about Christmas is that it's compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together." — Garrison Keillor, Leaving Hom
You could choose the gifts and buy them for everyone, but sometimes it's necessary to put yourself first. This Christmas, buy yourself a gift.
47) "May you all have a beautiful holiday—wherever you are, whoever you are. However, you spend it, and whatever emotions arise within you on this day. Blessings to the beasts and children within us all." — Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love
48) "Christmas gift suggestions: to your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect." — Oren Arnold
Christmas is considered the best time for a family to get together to spend quality time together. Family members need to create an atmosphere where they can feel wanted and lively and have a good laugh along the way.
49) "And really, this is what Christmas is about: love, hope, and faith. In as much of an abundance as available," — Abby Rosmarin, Author
50) "The rooms were very still while the pages were softly turned and the winter sunshine crept in to touch the bright heads and serious faces with a Christmas greeting."— Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
If anyone was to ask me what I will be doing this Christmas? It is rereading, Little women. If you haven't read, Little women yet, it is the perfect read to curl up with over Christmas.
This year on Christmas, some may have no family, And friends might not suffice, As we gather around the table, Amidst the falling ice. Let's raise a glass to the paths we couldn't take, to the memories we didn't make, to all funs we missed, And in their place take a moment of thought and raise a glass to grace, to see family and friends through, hoping for a better place and a better year ahead.
- 7 Odd Truths About Christmas That May Kindle A Conversational War
- 49 Christmas Movies to Watch This Christmas With Family and Friends
- 30 Best Christmas Carols To Make Celebrations Special
Explore: Feeding Trends | Explore