Marriage, one of the most beautiful and necessary phases of everyone's life, which almost everyone in the world has to go through, and spend the rest of their life with their spouse.
Having respect and affection for your partner is what makes the marriage life delightful. Because respect and love for your partner decide how long and fruitful your marriage life will be.
A perfect relationship doesn't mean partying every day or going on vacation whenever you want. Instead, a perfect relationship is one where both the partners are aware of their flaws, but still love and care for them.
This article will list some of the best Marriage Quotes, which will perfectly describe the meaning of ideal love and relationship between married couples. These Marriage Quotes will help you understand the bond between the married when they have respect and affection for each other.
Also, I can assure you that after reading these Marriage Quotes, your perspective towards marriage and your spouse might be changed.
So, what to wait for. Let us begin with some of the best and amazing Marriage Quotes, which are as follows.
1. No relationship is all sunshine. But when it rains, husband and wife can share an umbrella and survive the storm together.
Every relationship faces ups and downs in its journey. This quote from Marriage Quotes defines how a husband and wife could overcome difficult situations they both are going through.
2. A happy marriage is about three things: memories of togetherness, the forgiveness of mistakes, and a promise to never give up on each other.
Marriage is not just spending life with your partner. A happy marriage consists of good memories, forgiveness, and a promise for the lifelong company.
3. Husband and wife relationships are like the relationship between Tom and Jerry. Though they are teasing and fighting, they can’t live without each other.
This one from Marriage Quotes tells that small fights are necessary between couples, to maintain a good relationship. It will create a healthy environment in relationships.
4. Husband and wife may disagree on many things, but they must agree on one: never give up on each other.
Every individual differs in their personal opinion. But irrespective of their opinions, both husband and wife never give up on each other.
5. A strong marriage never has two strong people at the same time. It has a husband and a wife taking turns in being strong for each other in the moments when the other one feels weak.
There comes many low points in the life of both husband and wife, where they become hopeless. This is where the spouse has to provide full strength from their side, to let the partner overcome that situation.
6. True happiness isn’t doing everything together. It is knowing you are together no matter what you do.
Marriage Quotes here explain that the most important thing in a relationship is to be together, no matter what you or your spouse do.
7. Laughter is the best medicine. Choose the person that will be your “doctor” for life.
Having the person as a life partner, who can convert your sorrow into happiness, is nothing less than a blessing, which can also be referred to as a stroke of luck.
8. Best marriages are the ones in which partners grow together to become the best versions of themselves.
Being growing consistently is the sign of everlasting marriage. It will let you learn about your partner for a lifetime.
9. Marriage gives you both roots and wings.
The root here refers to the strength to face troubles in life. While wings refer to achieving new heights without falling. Marriage provides both roots and wings in life.
10. Being married means treating your spouse like yourself as they are a part of you that lives outside of you.
This quote from Marriage Quotes will let you understand that your spouse is a part of you, and lies outside you physically, but their presence matters too much for you.
11. A strong marriage requires two people who choose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.
Anyone can come and love you if you are in a good and wealthy situation. But your spouse is the one who supports you in your struggling days as well, and that’s what a strong marriage requires.
12. A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.
No one is perfect in this world. But a perfect marriage comes from the ones who don’t give up on each other, rather they try to adapt themselves according to the situation.
13. Marriage is about finding someone who knows you are not perfect, but treats you as if you are.
This one from Marriage Quotes is a bit similar to the previous quote. How you treat your partner is more important than how they are.
14. A great marriage is about two things: appreciating the similarities and respecting the differences.
Everyone is different from each other. But good partners appreciate the similarities between them and respect their choices and opinions.
15. When you find a person perfect for you, their flaws don’t feel like flaws.
This happens with everyone, when you’re in love with a person, then you only go with their merits.
16. A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.
Once you start enjoying and respecting the differences of your partner. The bond of you with your spouse will become stronger over time.
17. A happy marriage is a union of two forgivers.
Having a trait of forgiveness leads to a happy marriage. It ensures that whatever the situation will come in life, your relationship with your spouse will not get in danger.
18. Happy marriages are like fingerprints, there are no two alike. Each one is different and beautiful.
Marriage Quotes here tell that happy marriages aren't the ones where both husband-wife are alike. They’re the ones where both partners are different and still, there is love between them.
19. A great marriage is a contest of generosity.
The more generous a couple will be, the more great their marriage would be. Generosity helps in avoiding unnecessary conflicts among couples.
20. Happiness in a marriage is the sum of small efforts focused on appreciation, repeated every day.
You might be aware of the compounding effect, where a little investment gives you a lot of wealth. Similarly, if you put small efforts daily to make your spouse happy, it gets back to you in a mighty way.
21. Never marry the one you can live with, marry the one you cannot live without.
You may spend your life with anyone by compromising, but that person isn’t a good option for you. You should go for that person, without whom you can’t even spend a day.
22. The best apology is a changed behavior.
The best way to apologize to your partner is to change your behavior, keeping your ego aside.
23. Marriage is the culmination of many fond memories built over some time.
Marriage consists of a lot of memories, some of the memories are good, while some might be bad.
24. A true testament to how long a marriage will last is the ability to which partners can remain themselves without judgment.
This quote from Marriage Quotes mentions the sign of a long-lasting marriage. If you don’t judge your partner on their choices, there are more chances that your marriage will last long.
25. In a great marriage, the wedding day is just the first day of the celebration.
A great marriage consists of enjoying married life with your partner every day because you have the right person in your life.
26. To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to be loved by the person you love is everything.
Nothing can be a more beautiful feeling than getting love in return from the person you love. This one from Marriage Quotes is about the same feeling when you get inner satisfaction when loved by your partner.
27. Treat your relationship like a company. If no one shows up for work, the company goes out of business.
The common thing in business and relationships is, you have to make consistent efforts and decisions in the right way, to progress in both areas.
28. The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest.
Apologizing, forgiving, and forgetting the partner’s mistake isn’t a sign of cowardness. It shows how brave, strong and happy you are.
29. Being in a long marriage is a little bit like that nice cup of coffee every morning - I might have it every day, but still enjoy it.
You can’t eat the same food every day, but you might take tea or coffee every morning to keep yourself fresh. Marriage is also the same kind of thing as tea or coffee.
30. The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.
There isn’t any secret to a happy marriage. Every marriage is driven in different ways, but the common thing is, couples don’t leave each other, irrespective of any situation.
31. There is no greater risk than matrimony, but no greater happiness than a happy marriage.
Marriage Quotes here relate marriage as an investment. Investing is risky, but if you are investing in the right thing, then you’ll surely get positive results.
32. Marriage is not a bed of roses but it has its beautiful roses, neither is it a walk in the park, but you can have a memorable walk.
Marriage can be as beautiful as you want to be. It depends on you because you are the one who can decide what sort of life you want to spend with your spouse.
33. Marriage means finding the strength to be there for your partner when they can’t be there for themselves.
Sometimes our partners only want our affection and support to overcome their hard times. This quote from Marriage Quotes is about love and support from you, which can give strength to your partner.
34. Marriage is not a noun, it is a verb; it isn’t something you get, it is something you do.
Marriage is not just a name or an object, it is the action that binds individuals and makes them a couple.
35. If we want the marriage to work like a well-oiled engine, we need to keep fixing what doesn’t work.
Whether it is an engine or your married life, you have to keep fixing the bugs you’re going through to maintain your marriage smooth as butter.
36. The greatest marriage is built on teamwork, mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.
To make your marriage a great marriage you have to put in little effort daily. This one from Marriage Quotes tells that you have to respect and admire your partner.
Also, it’ll be great if both of the couples discuss everything together to make any decisions.
37. Marriage doesn’t make you happy, you make your marriage happy.
Marriage doesn't guarantee to make you happy. But you and your spouse can make the marriage happy by putting consistent efforts into each other.
38. A good marriage requires falling in love many times with the same person.
Falling in love with your partner every day gives you the next level of joy. It is also helpful to enhance your productivity, by making you indestructible.
39. Love is not a weakness. It is strong. Only the sacrament of marriage can contain it.
Marriage is the only thing that strengthens the true love between two individuals. The bonding of true love via marriage makes both the couples stronger.
40. There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage.
Marriage Quotes here tells that, in this luxurious world, marriage is the only thing that provides good company, consisting of love and friendship.
41. Marriage is the most natural state of man and the state in which you will find solid happiness.
Marriage is common and almost everyone has gone through it in their life. Marriage adds the color of inner peace and happiness to the life of an individual.
42. Marriage is not about age; it’s about finding the right person.
Ages may vary in marriage, but the most important is finding the right person, with whom you can happily spend the rest of your life.
43. The secret to a happy marriage is if you can be at peace with someone within four walls, if you are content because the one you love is near to you, either upstairs or downstairs, or in the same room, and you feel that you don’t find very often, then that is what love is all about.
This quote from Marriage Quotes explains to us that marriage is something that will never let you feel alone. You can spend your time with your partner in numerous ways, even in the home as well.
44. A long marriage is two people trying to dance a duet and two solos at the same time.
Married couples have to counter numerous situations too often in their life. Sometimes they have to be together, whatever the situation is. While sometimes they also have to face some circumstances alone.
45. More marriages might survive if partners realize the better comes after the worst.
Facing a dark phase in married life isn’t any new thing, but the couples need to realize the fact that they both can overcome those situations together.
46. The goal in marriage is not to think alike, but to think together.
Marriage Quotes here make us clear that the opinions can be different among couples. But most importantly, they have to think together for better decisions.
47. Laughter is a bridge that connects two hearts after a fight.
Fights initiate from misunderstanding, but a couple should forget those things after a while and should start laughing together.
48. Don’t fight with each other, fight for each other.
If you truly love your partner, then fighting with each other doesn’t make any sense. Instead, both the partners should fight for each other, to keep their relationship strong.
49. Marriage is like watching the color of the leaves in the fall; ever-changing and more stunningly beautiful with each passing day.
This quote from Marriage Quotes defines the beauty of marriage. Even when the same thing happens every day, it's also beautiful to witness it.
50. Success in marriage does not come through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate.
Marriage Quotes here explains, to find the right partner for your marriage, the first step you have to initiate is making yourself the right person for someone.
51. A happy couple never has the same character. They have the best understanding of their differences.
Happy couples understand the feeling of their partner very well. That’s why they always find an alternate path to solve any conflict.
52. Never question your spouse’s choices, they did, after all, choose you.
This is one of the Funniest Marriage Quotes, which advises you to never doubt your spouse’s choices, after all, they have chosen you over others.
53. Marry someone who gives you the same feeling you have when you see your food coming into a restaurant.
You might get too excited when you see the food you ordered coming into the restaurant. You’re blessed if you have the same feeling with your partner too.
54. Marriage lets you annoy one special person for the rest of your life.
Marriage Quotes here mentions how a single person can love and annoy you simultaneously for the rest of your life.
55. A relationship without trust is like a car without gas. You can stay in it but it won’t go anywhere.
Trust functions the same as gas works in a car. Both are invisible, but their presence means a lot, whether in a car or a relationship.
56. My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.
Convincing the person you love for marriage requires a lot of courage and you have to encounter many problems. That’s why this one from Marriage Quotes centers on convincing your love for marriage is the most brilliant achievement.
57. Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we marry.
Both of the statements sound too similar to each other. Marrying the person you love is the beginning of a beautiful marriage, and to keep the marriage beautiful, you have to keep loving your partner.
58. A great marriage doesn’t happen because of the love you had in the beginning, but how well you continue building love until the end.
Having love, in the beginning, is the foundation of a happy married life. Marriage Quotes here explains that to continue that love till the end, you’ve to love your spouse in the same way you love them in the beginning.
59. Marriage is like the house you live in. It always needs work and care to be nice to reside in.
To live in your house without difficulty, you have to clean your home and maintain it regularly. Similarly, you have to do the same in marriage as well.
60. A great marriage consists of keeping promises made to each other when it matters the most - when they are put to test.
Test here refers to the difficulties couples face during their married life. Whatever happens, if you and your partner are together, then you both can overcome any of the hurdles.
61. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
This one from Marriage Quotes is about the strength and courage you get when you love someone and they love you back in return.
62. A good marriage allows for change and growth in individuals and in the way they express their love.
Change and growth are one of the most important necessities for a good marriage. Couples experience life in an aspect when they allow themselves to change and grow.
63. If you want to have a great marriage, don’t ever stop dating your wife, and don’t ever stop flirting with your husband.
Flirting and dating are not just for bachelors, but these are the best means of keeping the relationship healthier. This quote from Marriage Quotes is giving the same message to make the bond stronger.
64. Couples who make it aren’t the ones who never had a reason to divorce. They are the ones who decide their commitment is more important than their differences and flaws.
Marriage Quotes here highlight one of the most common things which numerous couples are facing, which is divorce. To maintain a great marriage for a lifetime, you have to understand and accept the flaws in your spouse.
65. The difference between an ordinary marriage is in giving just a little extra every day, as often as possible, for as long as we both shall live.
To have an extraordinary married life, you don’t have to do a bunch of hard work. Even if you put little effort daily, it'll be more than sufficient.
66. Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.
This is one of the Best Marriage Quotes, which is about finding a true friend in a wife. When a man finds true friends in his wife, then his focus and strength both enhance.
67. Experts on romance say for a happy marriage, there has to be more than a passionate love. For a lasting union, they insist, there must be a genuine liking for each other. Which, in my book, is a good definition of friendship.
This one from Marriage Quotes is pretty similar to the previous one. Friendship is the only bond that consists of the ability to persist a bond between love and romance.
68. Marriage without friendship is like birds without wings.
Friendship is the most crucial relationship couples should have. It allows you to fly at the top and works as a savior when you are falling.
69. Marriage, ultimately, is the practice of becoming passionate friends.
To keep your marriage exciting and long-lasting, you and your spouse should be good friends with each other. It will excite you and will also provide you with inner happiness.
70. The great marriages are partnerships. It can’t be a great marriage without being a partnership.
This one from Marriage Quotes is about the importance of mutual bonding as partners. Great partners establish great marriages.
These were some of the Best Marriage Quotes that define the meaning of true love and relationship. Marriage Quotes listed above are not just fictitious, rather these Marriage Quotes are the ones that make us realize how a perfect and brilliant marriage life and couples should be.
Marriage isn’t just an ordinary relationship that you and your spouse have to keep for a lifetime. Marriage is a holy bond of trust, friendship, and love. The main aim of these Marriage Quotes is to make you realize the importance and significance of marriage, and how to make your marriage a great marriage.
Friendship is a kind of bond between couples that plays a major role to maintain a healthy marriage, which is already mentioned in a few of the above Marriage Quotes. You can try to befriend your partner, and you’ll surely gonna love that way.
As the conclusion of this article on Marriage Quotes, the message here conveyed is to keep your relationship healthy by trusting your partner and love them unconditionally, and you’ll surely get the results.
Do like, share and dedicate this beautiful list of quotes on weddings to your other half.