To kick start this article on 'Messi quotes', a big high five to the 'Football Ultras' over the other side of the screen. Lionel Andrés Messi (born 24 June 1987) is an Argentine professional footballer who plays as a forward and captains both Spanish club Barcelona and the Argentina national team.
A prolific goalscorer, Messi is known for his finishing, positioning, quick reactions, and ability to make attacking runs to beat the defensive line. 'I have seen the player who will inherit my place in Argentine football and his name is Messi.' are the words by Diego Maradona that speak of his great calibre.
If you are looking for the best of Messi quotes, then a big shout out to the Messi Fanclub with these amazing golden quotes by Lionel Messi to keep you moving in your life. So, let's get the ball rolling!
1. “I start early and I stay late, day after day, year after year. It took me 17 years and 114 days to become an overnight success.”
The above is one of the Messi quotes you just read, clearly glorifies the actual struggle Messi went through to gain this fame.
2. “The only thing that matters is playing. I have enjoyed it since I was a little boy, and I still try to do that every time I go out on to a pitch. I always say that when I no longer enjoy it or it’s no longer fun to do it, then I won’t do it anymore. I do it because I love it and that’s all I care about.”
A person is definitely going to win in his/her life's race, if he/she gets a kick out of something, and works for it too.
3. “Something deep in my character allows me to take the hits and get on with trying to win.”
There are times when life keeps on moving the goalposts, but after reading all these Messi quotes you must be filled with all the energies to score your goals.
4. “I think my desire to always get better, [is a trait that accounts for my success], to always want more, to always be my top critic, and accepting the good and the bad.”
Accepting one's own faults and being one's own opponent is here described to be the key to reach the dream destination.
5. “Every year I try to grow as a player and not get stuck in a rut. I try to improve my game in every way possible. But that trait is not something I’ve worked on, it’s part of me.”
Improvement is the keyword being emphasized on in this above inspiring note from the Messi quotes.
6. “I like to score goals but I also like to have friends among the people I have played with.”
It is very well noticed that Lionel Messi has been taking friendship seriously with Luis Suárez, Sergio Agüero and José Pinto and many more he plays with.
7. “Being a bit famous now gives me the opportunity to help people who really need it, especially children.”
Messi’s charitable work is often targeted towards helping children, which is due to the hardship the Barcelona star suffered when he was a child – Messi had medical complications when he was young and he suffered growth deficiency.
8. “There are more important things in life than winning or losing a game.”
These Messi quotes are not only the inspiration for us but also en-carve the real personality of Barcelona ace.
9. “When the year starts, the objective is to win with all the team, personal records are secondary.”
Wow! This amazing note from the Messi quotes reflects how unity plays an important role in a team's success.
10. “Money is not a motivating factor…My motivation comes from playing the game I love. If I wasn’t paid to be a professional footballer, I would willingly play for nothing.”
Messi quotes can make you love your talent and the things you do with hearts more than monetary gain.
11. “Sometimes you have to accept you can’t win all the time."
These encouraging words from Messi quotes reveal the brave-hearted Lionel Messi for whom accepting the ultimate outcome is more important than reacting over it.
12. “You can overcome anything, if and only if you love something enough.”
These magical words from Messi quotes illuminate the power of love which can show you miracles.
13. “You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it.”
To reach the heights of success, these Messi quotes are for sure going to help you to break your comfort shell and do something extraordinary.
14. “A lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.”
These Messi quotes will stop you to join the hurdle and will motivate you to stand alone like the king of the jungle.
15. “The best decisions aren’t made with your mind, but with your instinct.”
Messi quotes are not only famous for motivation but also to make us realize our supreme power of instinct which can save us from every evil in life.
16. “Barcelona gave me everything, they took a chance on me when nobody else would. I never have any desire to play for anybody else, I will be here for as long as they want me.”
'Gratefulness' is what is coined in this note from the Messi quotes.
17. “I don’t know, I’ve liked football since I was a kid and I’ve always dreamt of becoming a professional footballer, I never thought of any other job.”
The deep aspirations of your childhood drag you to keep one's eye on the ball.
18. “I never think about the play or visualize anything. I do what comes to me at that moment. Instinct. It has always been that way.”
'Living the moment' and 'trusting one's own instinct' has what been glorified in the words of Messi quotes.
19. “I’m always proudest whenever I’ve been part of a trophy-winning team. Lifting a title makes me feel so happy because it’s what I want to do in football: be successful.”
Struggling hard and making success touch your feet elates you from within. These encouraging words from Messi quotes create your mind to do phenomenal.
20. “It doesn’t matter if I am better than Cristiano Ronaldo, all that matters is that Barcelona are better than Madrid.”
Competition is good but working along with the team and securing the goal is what is meant in the magical words of Messi quotes.
21. “Little by little, I’m getting better all the time. I’ve not lost the passion to play.”
The zeal is what we gain in anything we practice every day and it gets easier day by day.
22. “One of the Arsenal players came up to me afterwards and said it had been an honour to be on the same pitch as me. I thought, My God, that is a great thing to say when your team has just lost.
Lionel Messi is arguably the best soccer player in the world today, and can be concluded from the above Messi quotes that people have portrayed him as The Supreme God of this soccer world.
23. “There’s nothing more satisfying than seeing a happy and smiling child. I always help in any way I can, even if it’s just by signing an autograph. A child’s smile is worth more than all the money in the world.”
Over seven years, the Leo Messi Foundation has supported UNICEF's work for children in countries including Haiti and Nepal, among others. UNICEF promotes the rights and wellbeing of every child, in everything they do.
24. “It was overwhelming to see the overcrowded displacement camps, the poverty in which people here live.”
The above is the described experience of Messi of July 2010, when he visited Haiti following the catastrophic earthquake that left much in the Central American country in ruin.
25. “Some people say my style of play is innate, but I’m not sure if that’s me or not. Honestly, I do play on instinct. On the pitch, I’m always looking for the best move or decision at any given time. I never want to do what the opposition would be expecting.”
Barcelona star has been a frighteningly consistent record-breaker with his beloved club Barcelona ever since breaking through the youth ranks. This is what makes the Messi quotes so much inspiring.
26. “I prefer to win titles with the team ahead of individual awards or scoring more goals than anyone else. I’m more worried about being a good person than being the best football player in the world. When all this is over, what are you left with? When I retire, I hope I am remembered for being a decent guy.”
27. “I don’t need the best hairstyle or the best body. Just give me a ball at my feet and I’ll show you what I can do.”
Due to his short stature, Messi has a lower centre of gravity than taller players, which gives him greater agility, allowing him to change direction more quickly and evade opposing tackles; this has led the Spanish media to dub him La Pulga Atómica ("The Atomic Flea").
28. “I start early and I stay late, day after day, year after year, it took me 17 years and 114 days to become an overnight success.”
29. “I’m lucky to be part of a team who help to make me look good, and they deserve as much of the credit for my success as I do for the hard work we have all put in on the training ground.”
30. “It was hard for me because it was such a big change. I left a lot behind in Argentina and unlike other children living at the Masia, I hardly ever got to visit my family. I only saw them once or twice a year and that was very hard for me.”
31. “I try to use pressure to help me in every game. Pressure helps me do things to the best of my ability. I like it. I don’t feel pressure; quite the contrary, because I always enjoy what I’m doing and that’s playing football.”
32. “Whether it’s a friendly match, or for points, or a final, or any game – I play the same. I’m always trying to be my best, first for my team, for myself, for the fans, and to try and win.”
33. “The truth is my idea has been to always stay at Barcelona and see out the rest of my career here. Like I always say, one doesn’t know what can happen in the future, but if it were up to me to decide, I would stay at Barcelona for the rest of my career.”
34. “Football has been my life since I was a kid. My style remains the same, I love every single minute I get on the pitch. I know I have a great responsibility, and that there are objectives to accomplish, but I try to have fun too because that’s what I love to do.”
Back of the net!
So after dribbling across the Messi quotes, didn't you notice that while he continues to thrill and excite football fans across the globe on a weekly basis, there’s a whole lot more to Messi than just a brilliant footballer.
Hope that these Messi quotes helped you to realize that even if you score your own goal, life will provide you unlimited 'free kicks' but you need to make every kick count and it also shows you 'the yellow card' as a caution to improve yourself in the field of life.
- 35 Football Quotes That Are Motivational And Inspirational Just As The Sport
- 10 FIFA Official Anthems Including Waka Waka Soundtrack That Are Love
- Sunil Chhetri Can Bring FIFA World Cup to India If Better Infrastructure Is Provided
- 23 Cricket Stadium In India Which Host International Cricket For Us
- 25 MS Dhoni Quotes For Inspiration From MSD’s Life & Untold Story
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events