Lal Bahadur Shastri was born on October 2, 1904, in Mughalsarai. Lal Bahadur Shastri was the second Prime Minister of independent India, who held term from 1964 to 1966. During Jawaharlal Nehru's term as the first prime minister, he was the minister of home affairs and also held the position of Uttar Pradesh’s minister of police once.
The famous mass leader who contributed to the freedom and independence of the country. Known for his gentle manner and his soft-spoken image, he had a low profile style during his time. He was considered as one of the most humble prime ministers of India and it is his modesty that defined him.
More than thirty years of dedicated service were behind Lal Bahadur Shastri within the course of this era, he came to be referred to as a person of nice integrity and ability. His words, which we know as Lal Bahadur Shastri quotes, are precious lessons for all of us.
Here are the most inspirational and motivating Lal Bahadur Shastri quotes that are helpful for you to face tough times.
1. We all have to work in our respective spheres with the same dedication, the same zeal and the same determination which inspired and motivated the warrior on the battlefront. And this has to be shown not by mere words, but by actual deeds.
It’s a saying that action speaks louder than words, we have to show it by doing it. We have to fight our battles just like soldiers do it with passion and determination to protect their country.
2. Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
Many people will walk in and out of your life but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
3. The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.
There is nothing better than friendship and love. Good friends and true love will help you to find important things when you have lost them.
4. We now have to fight for peace with the same courage and determination as we fought against aggression.
In times of turmoil and despair, giving up is the easiest thing you can do. Instead have courage, determination and strength to overcome it.
5. We must fight for peace bravely as we fought in war.
Be brave. Remember that bravery is not the lack of fear but the ability to move forward in spite of fear.
6. I had always been feeling uncomfortable in my mind about giving advice to others and not acting upon it myself.
If you say something to others do it kindly. Don’t do it to show that you are more intelligent or better than others.
7. We believe in peace and peaceful development, not only for ourselves but for people all over the world.
We need material development, but we need to understand that by itself it doesn’t bring peace of mind. Peace is the greatest weapon for development that any person can have.
8. Success in science and scientific work come not through the provision of unlimited or big resources, but in the wise and careful selection of problems and objectives. Above all, what is required is hard sustained work and dedication.
It's your hard work and dedication that will help you to become successful. All outstanding work, in art as well as science, results from immense passion applied to a great idea.
9. Among the major tasks before us none is of greater importance for our strength and stability than the task of building up the unity and solidarity of our people.
Life is all about strength and stability. The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.
10. Sampling out corruption is a very tough job, but I say so in all seriousness that we would be failing in our duty if we do not tackle this problem seriously and with determination.
Corruption is a true enemy to development. It is like a ball of snow, once it’s set rolling it must increase.
11. We want freedom for our country, but not at the expense or exploitation of others, not us to degrade other countries. . . I want the freedom of my country so that other countries may learn something from my free country so that the resources of my country might be utilized for the benefit of mankind.
Freedom is the oxygen of the soul. A country without freedom is like a prisoner with shackled hands.
12. We believe in freedom, freedom for the people of each country to follow their destiny without external interference.
The fight for freedom must go on until it is won until our country is free and happy and peaceful.
13. Our way is straight and clear - the building up of a socialist democracy at home, with freedom and prosperity for all, and the maintenance of world peace and friendship with all nations abroad.
Socialism needs democracy like a human body needs oxygen. And a way to build socialist democracy we should start with our homes.
14. We believe in peace in the settlement of all disputes through peaceful means, in the abolition of war, and, more particularly, nuclear war.
Unconditional war can no longer lead to unconditional victory. The settlement will avoid future disputes. We should solve these issues with peace and harmony.
15. We believe in the dignity of man as an individual, whatever his race, colour or creed, and his right to a better, fuller, and richer life.
Without dignity, the identity of a man is erased. In its absence, men are defined not by themselves but by the circumstances in which they are forced to live.
16. We have to surmount the difficulties that face us and work steadfastly for the happiness and prosperity of our country.
In order to bring prosperity and happiness in our country, we have to work hard to overcome the difficulties.
17. The rule of law should be respected so that the basic structure of our democracy is maintained and further strengthened.
To protect and strengthen the democracy of the country one should respect the law of the country.
18. The preservation of freedom is not the task of soldiers alone. The whole nation has to be strong.
It’s not only the task of soldiers to protect or preserve the freedom of the country, it is the duty of citizens.
19. That loyalty to the country comes ahead of all other loyalties. And this is an absolute loyalty since one cannot weigh it in terms of what one receives.
The test of good citizenship is the loyalty of the country. Loyalty to your country should never require you to lie about it.
20. The basic idea of governance, as I see it, is to hold the society together so that it can develop and march towards certain goals.
The purpose of government is to enable the people of the nation to live in safety and happiness in order to achieve their goals.
21. Our country has often stood like a solid rock in the face of common danger, and there is a deep underlying unity which runs like a golden thread through all our seeming diversity.
Unity in diversity is our country's biggest strength. Diversity may be the hardest thing for society and perhaps the most dangerous thing for a society to be without,
22. There comes a time in the life of every nation when it stands at the crossroads of history and must choose which way to go.
A time comes in everyone’s life when you have to choose between rights and wrong or which way to go
23. Always focus on today. Don’t let what happened yesterday stop you from achieving the dreams of tomorrow.
Learn from the past, live with the present and change the future. Don’t let your past mistakes ruin your beautiful present and future.
24. Every work has its own dignity and one gets satisfaction in doing every task to its full potential.
Work is fundamental to the dignity of a person. Any necessary work that pays an honest wage carries its own honour and dignity.
25. When freedom and integrity are in danger, the only duty is to face that challenge with full force. Together we have to stand firm for any kind of expected sacrifice.
When freedom and integrity are on the stake, it is our duty to face challenges and protect our freedom and integrity.
26. We will consider it our moral duty to give full support to the end of colonialism and imperialism so that people everywhere are free to build their destiny.
As long as there is imperialism in the world, a permanent peace is impossible. It is our duty to end this system.
27. The history of our struggle for independence and our faith in future development are our common bonds.
Independence comes to our country after years of struggles and sacrifices. Let us value all these sacrifices that are made.
28. A desire to be observed, considered, esteemed, praised, believed and admired by his fellow is one of the earliest as well as the keenest dispositions discovered in the heart of the man.
The greatest desire of the man is to succeed. In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear.
29. A real friend tells you not to give up on your dreams. A real friend inspires you to push on.
Good friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, but you know they're always there.
30. Believe in yourself, discover new passions, embrace every moment with a new adventure. Whatever you do, wherever you go, don’t be afraid to make a splash.
Follow your passion, it will lead you to your purpose. People with great passion can make the impossible happen.
Here we come at the end of Lal Bahadur Shastri quotes, which will keep you motivated throughout your life. These Lal Bahadur Shastri quotes reflect his great personality and vision.
Lal Bahadur Shastri was the man who always placed his ideas before anything and lived an honest and simple life. He was the man of great inner strength. He was humble and tolerant, deeply influenced by the teachings of Mahatma Gandhi.
He understood people's language and was a man of vision towards the country's progress. We hope to get many more such leaders in the future.
- 25 Mahatma Gandhi Quotes For The World To Lead A Great Life
- 20 Bhagat Singh Quotes That Instill Patriotism and Courage In You
- 35 CV Raman Quotes for Success, Life Lessons and Inspiration
- 51 Swami Vivekananda Quotes That Are Inspiring And Motivating
- 51 Rabindranath Tagore Quotes That Are Inspirational and Wise
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events