The world was heartbroken on the 26th of January, 2020 by a helicopter accident in Los Angeles that claimed the life of nine people, including Kobe Bryant and his thirteen-year-old daughter Gianna. Kobe was such a life force, so strong and creative and inspired, that we thought he was going to live forever.
He made his debut at the age of 18, making him the youngest player ever to appear in an NBA game. Kobe won five NBA championships with the Los Angeles Lakers, two Olympic medals and had eighteen All-Star appearances, the only basketball player to win an Oscar, and was one of the most brilliant and respected players in the history of Basketball.
Before his retirement in 2016, in 2014, he surpassed Michael Jordan for third place on the NBA all-time scoring list. He scored 60 points in his final game. Kobe died at the age of 41. After his death, he was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2020.
Kobe rose to any challenge by digging deeper and getting back to work. Kobe was loved by people for the amazing player he was. More than that he was a loving husband and a great father.
His words of wisdom will help you achieve your dreams and lead an extraordinary life. Here are 30 Kobe quotes about life, success, and love that’ll make you feel better!
1. If you’re afraid to fail, then you’re probably going to fail.
People who fail in life, do not actually fail. They quit. It’s okay to fail in life, but you got to get up and work harder. And if you’re afraid of failure then you don’t deserve to be successful!
2. The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.
Who doesn’t want to become a man like Kobe? He was such an inspiration for millions of people around the world. Inspire people around you by taking your life as an example. Be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud.
3. I’m reflective only in the sense that I learn to move forward. I reflect with a purpose.
Look ahead on opportunities and move forward. Looking back will only give you regrets.
4. This is the moment I accept the most challenging times will always be behind me and in front of me.
Tough times don’t last. Tough people do! That’s the ‘Mamba Mentality’.
5. The beauty in being blessed with talent is rising above doubters to create a beautiful moment.
Everybody is blessed with a certain talent. People are going to question your talent but know what your talents are and push to the limit. One day you’re going to be at the top and that’ll be a beautiful moment.
6. We all have self-doubt. You don’t deny it, but you also don’t capitulate to it. You embrace it.
It’s okay to doubt yourself. Embrace your weirdness. But make sure you’re not stuck with it. Work on yourself and overcome it. But there’s nothing to feel bad about it.
7. Pain doesn’t tell you when you ought to stop. Pain is the little voice in your head that tries to hold you back because it knows if you continue you will change.
Happiness and success will come when you let go of the hurt that’s holding you back! Life is short so don’t hold back.
8. Haters are a good problem to have. Nobody hates the good ones. They hate the great ones.
Kobe was and will be one of the greatest players of all time. This quote by him literally shows us how he dealt with haters throughout his career.
9. I create my own path. It was straight and narrow. I looked at it this way: you were either in my way, or out of it.
Life is a journey and you choose your own path. Let your heart guide you on this journey. People are going to come in your way as obstacles. Overcome them and go further.
10. Use your success, wealth, and influence to put them in the best position to realize their own dreams and find their true purpose.
Just Mamba things! He always wanted to be an inspiration for people. Dreams go come true but you have to put in the work, otherwise, it’ll remain as a fantasy.
11. I can’t relate to lazy people. We don’t speak the same language. I don’t understand you. I don’t want to understand you.
Haha! This is an epic one. Lazy people get nowhere in life. Kobe clearly was allergic to
12. Once you know what failure feels like, determination chases success.
We all fail at least once in our life. But never give up. Be determined to try harder. Remember success is never accidental.
13. My parents are my backbone. Still are. They’re the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.
Who else can relate to Kobe here? I’m pretty sure we all can. In this temporary world of joy, the only thing that is permanent is our parents. Even though no one else has, but our parents will always have our backs.
14. A lot of leaders fail because they don’t have the bravery to touch that nerve or strike that chord.
Kobe was a great leader. He didn’t become a great leader because he had the power, but because of the ability to empower others. He always put his team ahead of him.
15. Trust me, setting things up right from the beginning will avoid a ton of tears and heartache.
Every time you start doing something new, make sure you begin in the right way. That’ll avoid problems and confusion in the end.
16. Be willing to sacrifice anything, but compromise nothing in your quest to be your best.
Kobe always put his game ahead of his family. Remember, nothing great was ever accomplished without making sacrifices.
17. When we are saying this cannot be accomplished, this cannot be done, then we are short-changing ourselves. My brain, it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I have to sit there and face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure,’ I think that is worse, that is almost worse than death.
Reading this quote might make you emotional if you’re a Mamba fan. Kobe could never swallow failure. Even if he failed he made sure that he had come back stronger the next time. It’s hard to believe that Kobe, who was such an inspiration is no more with us.
18. What people see on court is another side of me; it’s not me.
Off the court, Kobe was a person who was relaxed and always seemed like someone who was very cool. But on the court, he is so aggressive. Then his only focus is to score points and get his team ahead. On the court Kobe and off the court Kobe was literally two different contrasts.
19. I don’t want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant.
Be yourself! It’s beautiful. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You just need to accept yourself.
20. Everything negative – pressure, challenges – is all an opportunity for me to rise.
Kobe taught us that everything in life is done with passion. You need to work hard to shake hands with your destiny. Obstacles on your path are just an opportunity for you to rise even stronger.
21. People just don’t understand how obsessed I am with winning.
That’s the Mamba mentality. He was always determined to win. That determination to win becomes an obsession and then it becomes all the matter.
22. When I have the chance to guard Michael Jordan, I want to guard him. I want him. It’s the ultimate challenge.
Kobe loved to play against Michael Jordan. It was a treat to watch both of them going head to head against each other. Challenges like these make life interesting!
23. One thing you gotta know about me is I have absolutely no filter. I have no problem saying what the hell I think of someone.
Be yourself. You don’t have to fake yourself for the sake of impressing others. Have your own opinion, no matter what people think of it.
24. Boos don’t block dunks.
Another inspiring quote by Kobe. Refuse to let small people distract you from what you’re doing. You can’t achieve big things if you’re distracted by little things.
25. I focus on one thing and one thing only – that’s trying to win as many championships as I can.
And that is why he has five NBA championships. Don’t focus on two things at once. Focus on 1 path and ignore the other 999.
26. Take it all in. Sit back and watch and listen and hear all the hate that’s being thrown at us and remember every person that’s kicking you when you’re down, because next year it ain’t gonna be this way. Appreciate it now. Let it sit in now, because revenge is sweet and it’s quick.
There’ll be people to throw shade at everything you do. But remember, tables always turn. The struggle you’re in today will be your strength tomorrow. REVENGE IS SWEET!
27. I’ll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it’s sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot.
Kobe was someone who gave his 101% on the court, whether it was playing or sitting on the bench. This quote tells us how Kobe always wanted to win. He would do anything for it. That was Kobe’s mentality!
28. There’s a choice that we have to make as people, as individuals. If you want to be great at something, there’s a choice you have to make.here are sacrifices that come along with making that decision.
There’ll be points in life where we have to make choices to reach our destiny. It can be sacrificed. Maybe you’ll have to sacrifice love. Life may be hard at you at times, but know it’s going to be for the best. Quotes like these just make us miss Kobe more!
29. I’m playing against great players, playing against the best in the world. The competition – that’s what I’ve always wanted.
Always be up for challenges! Kobe’s biggest dream was to play against Michael Jordan before he retires. Kobe made it and was also one of the toughest opponents that Jordan had ever faced.
30. Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.
Yes, Kobe, we agree with you. Players may come and go but you’re forever.
This brings us to the end of some inspirational Kobe quotes. These Kobe quotes about life, success and love have taught us to work hard and be the best of ourselves, every single day. Your attitude plays the biggest role.
Today he and one of his girls are not with us anymore. So let’s honor Kobe by following his example. Love your family, love your teammates and outwork everyone else in the gym. Life is short and fragile and we don’t know how many days we have. So celebrate life. If you haven’t told someone you love them, do it now.
The above Kobe quotes will help you be a better person and become successful in life. If you’re in search of some motivation, come right back here.
- 40 Pele Quotes To Live Life That Becomes An Example For Others
- 30 Bruce Lee Quotes To Inspire Love and Greatness Within You
- 40 Ronaldo Quotes To Get The Sporting Spirit and Success
- 34 Messi Quotes To Keep You Moving And Get The Ball Rolling
- 25 MS Dhoni Quotes For Inspiration From MSD’s Life & Untold Story
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events