Do you know who is the richest man in the world? Jeff Bezos is his name. Bezos was born on January 12th in the year 1964. He is the founder and CEO of the MNC Amazon. He is the first person in history to have a net worth exceeding $200 billion.
Creating a company like Amazon takes a lot of hard work, dedication and patience. Bezos started Amazon in 1994 and now it is the world's largest online sales company, the largest Internet company by revenue, and the world's largest provider of virtual assistants.
Bezos is not just rich because of having money. Being able to run such a huge company, one has to have a bunch of qualities. Bezos is rich in that aspect also. This wise man has dropped a lot of inspirational lines in the past and here in this article, we have tried gathering those for you. This article contains some wonderful Jeff Bezos quotes that will inspire you for sure.
Here are the best and famous Jeff Bezos quotes for success, business and motivation:
1. A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things.
Achieving success isn't easy. For making your brand a reputation for the customers you need to be very sleek and particular with your work eliminating flaws as much as possible. And all of this needs a lot of work. This is said in this Jeff Bezos quote.
2. Life’s too short to hang out with people who aren’t resourceful.
You believe it or not. But your friend circle puts an impact on you. So it's very important to choose the right company. This advice is given in this Jeff Bezos quote.
3. One of the only ways to get out of a tight box is to invent your way out.
It is one of the best Jeff Bezos quotes about life. The person who can protect you from all obstacles coming your way is you. Yes, you yourself are the one.
4. Your brand is what other people say about you when you’re not in the room.
Back talks are something which no one can escape from. So better do some so productive and valuable that people talk about those things when you are not on the spot.
5. We’ve had three big ideas at Amazon that we’ve stuck with for 18 years, and they’re the reason we’re successful: Put the customer first. Invent. And be patient.
In this Jeff Bezos quote, he says that a businessman should always put their customers as the first priority.
6. There are two kinds of companies, those that work to try to charge more and those that work to charge less. We will be the second.
7. What we want to be is something completely new. There is no physical analog for what Amazon.com is becoming.
In this Jeff Bezos quote, he says that he wants his work to be completely new.
8. Amazon is not too big to fail … If we start to focus on ourselves, instead of focusing on our customers, that will be the beginning of the end.
Nothing can be too big to fail actually. It's about how long you can maintain the purity of your work. The time you add corruption is the time you start the destruction. This valuable meaning is hidden in this Jeff Bezos quote.
9. If everything you do needs to work on a three-year time horizon, then you’re competing against a lot of people. But if you’re willing to invest on a seven-year time horizon, you’re now competing against a fraction of those people, because very few companies are willing to do that.
Jeff Bezos quotes tell everyone to be true to their work. It might not be fruitful in a short period. Do your part of work and have patience. It will bear fruit after a time.
10. In some cases, things are inevitable. The hard part is that you don’t know how long it might take, but you know it will happen if you’re patient enough.
Yet another Jeff Bezos quotes where he talks about patience. Irrespective of what stream you are in or what occupation you have picked up, keeping patience is the most important thing in every field.
11. I like treating things as if they’re small, you know Amazon even though it is a large company, I want it to have the heart and spirit of a small one.
Jeff Bezos quotes are awesome words. Even after being the wealthiest man, he is so down to Earth. This is a quality we all should adopt from him.
12. The great thing about fact-based decisions is that they overrule the hierarchy.
13. Market leadership can translate directly to higher revenue, higher profitability, greater capital velocity, and correspondingly stronger returns on invested capital.
14. Part of company culture is path-dependent. It’s the lessons you learn along the way.
Sometimes you are partly unaware of your own work but you tend to master it in the way. That's life actually. Jeff Bezos quotes give a nice perspective about life.
15. If you're competitor-focused, you have to wait until there is a competitor doing something. Being customer-focused allows you to be more pioneering.
16. Your margin is my opportunity.
17. All businesses need to be young forever. If your customer base ages with you, you're Woolworth's.
18. We are stubborn on vision. We are flexible on details.
19. A company shouldn't get addicted to being shiny, because shiny doesn't last.
20. Sometimes we measure things and see that in the short term they actually hurt sales, and we do it anyway.
21. Failure and invention are inseparable twins. To invent you have to experiment, and if you know in advance that it's going to work, it's not an experiment.
22. There'll always be serendipity involved in discovery.
23. You have to be willing to be misunderstood if you're going to innovate.
24. We all know that if you swing for the fences, you’re going to strike out a lot, but you’re also going to hit some home runs.
25. If you're not stubborn, you'll give up on experiments too soon.
26. If you never want to be criticized, for goodness' sake don't do anything new.
27. In the end, we are our choices. Build yourself a great story.
28. Great innovations, large and small, are happening everyday at Amazon on behalf of customers.
29. We want to make money when people use our devices, not when they buy our devices.
30. The best customer service is if the customer doesn’t need to call you, doesn’t need to talk to you, it just works.
31. If you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell 6 friends. If you make customers unhappy on the internet, they can each tell 6,000 friends.
32. When the world changes around you and when it changes against you, what used to be a tail wind is now a head wind, you have to lean into that and figure out what to do because complaining isn’t a strategy.
33. What we need to do is always look into the future.
34. Are you lazy or just incompetent?
35. Profitability is very important to us or we wouldn’t be in this business.
36. The human brain is an incredible pattern-matching machine.
37. What consumerism really is, at its worst is getting people to buy things that don't actually improve their lives.
38. The thing that motivates me is a very common form of motivation. And that is, with other folks counting on me, it's so easy to be motivated.
39. Amazon.com strives to be the e-commerce destination where consumers can find and discover anything they want to buy online.
This Jeff Bezos quote exactly defines what amazon is all about. Also, its focus on customer first.
40. Our motto at Blue Origin is 'Gradatim Ferociter': 'Step by Step, Ferociously'.
41. My view is there's no bad time to innovate.
42. My own view is that every company requires a long-term view.
43. We expect all our businesses to have a positive impact on our top and bottom lines. Profitability is very important to us or we wouldn't be in this business.
44. You don't want to negotiate the price of simple things you buy every day.
45. For people who are readers, reading is important to them.
46. I think there are going to be a bunch of tablet-like devices. It's really a different product category.
47. E-mail has some magical ability to turn off the politeness gene in a human being.
48. Invention is by its very nature disruptive. If you want to be understood at all times, then don't do anything new.
49. Position yourself with something that captures your curiosity, something that you're missionary about.
50. We see our customers as invited guests to a party and we are the hosts.
51. What’s dangerous is not to evolve.
Hope this article added some more values to your life. Jeff Bezos is an inspiration for us all. Hope you enjoyed reading these Jeff Bezos quotes and if you really liked it let me know in the comments.
- 10 Quotes By Mark Zuckerberg That Help You Gain Entrepreneurial Success
- 35 Bill Gates Quotes For Motivation, Success And Inspiration
- 51 Jack Ma Quotes on Success, Business and Struggle For Inspiration
- 49 Steve Jobs Quotes That Will Add Inspirational Fuel To Your Life
- 30 Quotes by Elon Musk To Get Motivated and Enlighten Your Life
- 51 Warren Buffett Quotes on Investing, Business And Success
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events