Star Wars—one of the most successful film series of all time—has many beloved characters. Still, when it comes to the one who boasts the most knowledge, we often turn to the legendary Jedi Master, who may be tiny in size but his insight, wisdom and kindness makes him the most beloved character.
The 900-year-old Grand Jedi Master sits among a Plethora of other fictional characters who transcended from their imaginary worlds to ours to bestow us with timeless lines of dialogue and wisdom. The Star Wars series's memorable moments are countless, and so are the inspirational quotes from the characters.
Yoda's words are packed with knowledgeable and wise remarks that apply to the Star Wars universe and are relevant to real life. Whether you're a Star Wars fan or not, his words of wisdom can teach us a thing or two about accepting that life is asymmetrical, and vulnerability is beautiful, sometimes it is necessary to take action, and so much more.
Here, we rounded up 40 of our favourite Yoda quotes which offer words of wisdom, from the Jedi Master from a galaxy far, far away. These quotes have impacted the lives of millions.
1) Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?
Yoda tells this line to his student Luke when he complains that raising his X-wing from the swamp is too big. What's astonishing about this quote is that when Yoda says it, it's not unusual. It strikes truth, you believe him, and you see that he makes no justifications for himself — and does not want to hear any from his student.
2) Your path, you must decide.
Yoda tells this to Luke when he gets ready to ditch his training. Yoda adamantly warns him against acting rashly, but the choice is Luke's to make. This brings us to a little gem, the truth we all need to hear: There comes a time in life when you've to choose between two options, they both have pros and cons, but one thing is for sure: No one can make the decision but you. Only you have the right to choose your path.
3) In the end, cowards are those who follow the dark side.
It is always those who do not attempt to do the right thing that ends up going underneath the abyss of darkness. It takes endurance and fortitude to follow righteousness, while the path of wrongdoing is evermore easier.
4) The more we learn, the more we discover how much we do not know.
This Yoda quote speaks to us about the learning paradox–The More We Learn, the Less We Know. As the world around us becomes more complicated, the amount we can really understand about it decreases and then we finally realized there are more we don't know than we know. Knowledge is infinite!
5) Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
It is human nature to believe in things that give comfort. People often make up a version of the truth that is comforting and hide behind their own logic and intelligence while the truth marches by. The truth people often believe is one that is dependent on their point of view.
6) No greater gift there is, than a generous heart.
This line by Yoda is about a generous heart. To maintain the balance and connection with each other and with life is by giving from the heart. When we give to others kindness, generosity, or compassion, it helps us live generously.
7) Do or do not. There is no try.
This is one of the most memorable lines from the list as this line has become a modern slogan — a reminder to commit oneself to something entirely and your state of mind is what matters most.
8) Just disconnect. Once in a day sometimes, sit silently and from all connections disconnect yourself.
Yoda may be from a galaxy far away, but Yoda quotes are still relevant and can be applied to our everyday lives. Once in a while, you must take a break, relax, recharge, and refresh. And you don't have to feel guilty about it.
9) Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
Nothing holds people back from becoming the best version of themselves more than Fear. It makes you incapable of doing something you know you are capable of doing. Feel the Fear and still take massive action.
10) The greatest teacher, failure is.
Mistakes are simply a part of the learning process-Plain and simple. Wise are those people who learn from their mistakes and failures. They are walking on the path to success.
11) Never step in the same river twice can you? Each time the river hurries on. Each time he that steps have changed.
When you experience the same thing again and again, you know how to deal with it. The first time, you might find it difficult to tackle, but from next time onwards, you get the confidence.
12) A challenge lifelong it is, not to bend fear into anger.
This inspiration line by Yoda advises to stay vigorous and face the challenges. All your dreams and goals are a lifelong challenge. Do not get yourself wrapped in the state of Fear and be scared to give up at no point in life.
13) With time. With time all are healed.
Ultimately, it's an essential truth that Yoda conveys in a captivating way.
14) Out of acceptance comes wisdom. Not an acquirement wisdom is, not knowledge wisdom is, not information. This quality of tremendous acceptance is wisdom.
The list is incomplete without the classic and infinitely useful words of wisdom on the black and white nature of acceptance and dissension. Yoda defines knowledge in another way. He stresses the importance of acceptance and states that wisdom is strongly associated with acceptance more than anything else.
15) Of the moment, be. In the moment, live. The art of remaining in the present, learn. Neither the past nor the future exists.
Worry is an unwelcome visitor that if it outstays, it will end up stealing from your present. To be successful in your life, you always have to live physically in the present and not live mentally in the past or the future.
16) Silence is not simply calmness or quietude. Overall words and thoughts it implies transcendence. A state of beyond, a state of pervasive peace, it denotes.
17) In this war, a danger there is, of losing who we are.
This quote contains an essential and valuable lesson to never lose yourself. It is important to remember who you are, Losing who you are, is the worst loss of all.
18) Poetic you become when in love you are. In love continuously are those people who are called poets.
19) Luke: I don't… I don't believe it!
Yoda: That is why you fail.
Yet again, Yoda quotes this line to Luke when he's crossed the Jedi Masters limit, and he is having none of Luke's nonsense. Yoda may be infinitely even-tempered, but this line is when the mic drops.
20) So great life is, to finish it no way there is. The more you would enter into it, the vaster would be the possibilities that open their doors.
21) Doubt in battle, there cannot be. Belief, there must be.
22) Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is.
In a world that chases Materialism, it's hard not to get attached. Yoda quotes this in the context of Attachment, Think about it. What would you do without the thing you are so attached to? Try to be more selfless.
23) Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them, do not.
Death is a natural and essential part of life. It is everyone's final destiny and cannot be avoided, no matter what. Mourning someone's Death is futile as all it does is stop you from living your own life. Gradually, you accumulate the parts of them that are gone and should continue living your life.
24) Already know you that which you need.
Throughout the "Star Wars" series, you hear the Jedi, as well as the Sith, say "search your feelings. This Yoda quote will give the most tremendous confidence, you need to introspect and go after what feels best for you. Sometimes, your feelings will reveal what's right for you and one day you will look back and marvel at the progress you've made by doing.
25) Impatient never be.
26) Difficult to see, Always in motion is the future.
The future is always unpredictable. You can never predict the future with absolute certainty. It keeps changing your life route, depending on your actions and the choices you make.
27) Understanding is bliss, the cause of misery is a misunderstanding.
28) Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.
If you allow the darkness the slightest foothold, you could be pulled down the path of self-destruction. It's never the negative thoughts that defeat us, it's us ourselves.
29) Doubt is a beautiful instrument, as far concerned as learning is; but not of any help doubt is in going beyond the mind. To go beyond the mind, you need trust.
30) Tremendously beautiful this life is. But only those who live it can know it; no other way there is.
Live every day as it is your last. Don't be held back by what happened yesterday, the day before, the week early, the year before, or even decades ago. A new day is a fresh new start!
31) When you look at the dark side, careful you must be. For the dark side looks back.
In the Star Wars movies, Yoda quotes this line to continually remind his student there is a reason for not bending the code and cutting ethical corners. Once consumed by Fear, it is the easiest gateway to fall into the Dark Side.
32) Be A Candle Or The Dark.
The prominent feature in the legends and lore of Star Wars has always been the dichotomy of the Force. Darkness cannot exist in the light, and light has the potential to be consumed by the darkness. Yoda quotes this essentially offering a choice to either be light in darkness or accede to the ways of the Dark Side.
33) To answer power with power, the Jedi way is not. In this war, a danger there is, of losing who we are.
The Great Jedi, Yoda, quotes this to his student Luke Skywalker continually reminding him about the importance of making the right choices. In life, we all make choices. Sometimes, the choices we've created lead us to happiness, while others generate a deep sense of guilt and regret. Regardless of the outcome, it teaches us some lessons.
34) Always Pass on what you have learned.
This great nugget of undeniable wisdom by Yoda tells us to share the knowledge we gain in life is a gift to pass along—not to keep to ourselves.
35) If no mistake you have made, losing you are. A different game you should play.
We usually say mistakes make a man perfect, but correction of errors makes a man perfect. Admitting to your mistakes brings you to the eye of being a more honest and courageous person, and you often learn valuable lessons along the way.
36) You will know the good from the bad when you are calm, at peace.
Your current situation will pass by, nothing is permanent and hanging on through the hard times, being patient and keeping the mid calm, until things get better, and knowing that they will get better.
37) Mind what you have learned. Save you it can.
This one by Yoda is to cherish the knowledge you have gained. Always remember the lessons life has taught you, no matter how difficult those lessons were at the time. Keep everything you learned by your side.
38) Of harmony happiness is a shadow, it follows harmony. No other way to be happy there is.
39) In a dark place we find ourselves, and a little more knowledge lights our way.
When you are lost in life, it's only knowledge that can show you the right path. Knowledge, by all means of propagation, continues to flourish. So, keep learning and acquiring more knowledge. No matter how tough it is, you can always find the way.
40) To live halfheartedly, this is the most stupid thing in life. Forever gone is the moment that is gone.
The above quote motivates us to live life with a full heart. Time and present are very precious and you must enjoy every bit of it. If you suppress your emotions and do not do what your heart wants, you are wasting your life.
That's the end of our list of Yoda quotes. By now you may have become a Jedi Master. You can tell that little voice that you are now a Jedi Master. There's no need to doubt yourself now. So grab your lightsaber and prepare to become the master, whether you are a padawan young or old.
May the Force be with you!
- 25 Superman Quotes That Inspire And Push You Towards Success
- 30 Batman Quotes Which Motivated The Superhero Inside You
- 45 Spiderman Quotes On Success, Life and Hardship To Get Inspired
- 30 Ironman Quotes from Marvel Movies To Live A One Time Experience
- 25 Captain America Quotes From Marvel Movies That Prove Inspiring
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events