When we look towards the world of entrepreneurs, most people would have thought- when it comes to the world of investing, most people don't know where to start, then how did they predict the correct time to start their journey? Was it an overnight decision or many years would have been invested?
Many times these questions would have been raised in the mind of the readers! Many of the best quotes about investing urge thoughtfulness over impulsiveness, boldness instead of caution, and smart research over flavour-of-the-month decision making.
Fortunately, great investors of the past and present can provide us with guidance. These investment quotes date back to Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Edison and some are from modern experts like Dave Ramsey and Warren Buffett.
The 60 investment quotes here were selected for their enduring value. Over time, the market can change but this advice from these investment quotes will prove to be timeless.
Quotes on being a successful investor: Unlike other things, investing requires completely different skill sets. And some of these are very counter-intuitive. Starting off, we have investment quotes that will help you become a successful investor. These investment quotes will further guide you throughout your journey.
1. “We don’t have to be smarter than the rest. We have to be more disciplined than the rest.” – Warren Buffet
2. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
3. “Bottoms in the investment world don't end with four-year lows; they end with 10- or 15-year lows.” – Jim Rogers
4. “With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future.” – Carlos Slim Helu
5. “In investing, what is comfortable is rarely profitable.” – Robert Arnott
6. “We don't prognosticate macroeconomic factors, we're looking at our companies from a bottom-up perspective on their long-run prospects of returning.” – Mellody Hobson
7. “Courage taught me no matter how bad a crisis gets ... any sound investment will eventually pay off.” – Carlos Slim Helu
8. “The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator.” – Ben Graham
Some quotes that relate to investment and wealth: Wealth creation is achieved only when a person is capable of assessing the market and making investments accordingly. It is true that investing comes with risk, but one with a mindset of wealth creation can minimise those risks to a great extent.
9. “The biggest risk of all is not taking one.” – Mellody Hobson
10. “Returns matter a lot. It's our capital.” – Abigail Johnson
11. “It's not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for.” – Robert Kiyosaki
12. “Know what you own, and know why you own it.” – Peter Lynch
13. “Financial peace isn't the acquisition of stuff. It's learning to live on less than you make, so you can give money back and have money to invest. You can't win until you do this.” – Dave Ramsey
14. “Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas.” – Paul Samuelson
15. “How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts?” – Robert G Allen
16. “If you invest nothing, the reward is worth little.”– Richelle E. Goodrich
17. “Oftentimes, we forget the purpose of investing. There has to be a purpose.”– Alan Gotthardt
18. “Purpose can be to build long term wealth or retiring early. Your aspirations and your goals are your purpose.”– Oscar Wilde
19. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.”– Benjamin Franklin
Some quotes on Contrarian Investment Strategy: It is not important to follow the crowd when it comes to investing your money. You can adopt the Contrarian investment strategy and go against the market trends for larger gains. You can sell when others are buying and buy when others are selling.
20. “The four most dangerous words in investing are, it’s different this time.” – Sir John Templeton
21. “Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing.” – Warren Buffett
22. “You get recessions, you have stock market declines. If you don't understand that's going to happen, then you're not ready, you won't do well in the markets.” – Peter Lynch
23. “The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” – Peter Thiel
Some other great stock market quotes: The stock market is the centre of all investment-related decisions. These investment quotes offer timeless advice for any market. They tell you that investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
24. “The stock market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time.” – Jesse Livermore
25. “People focus on role models; it is more effective to find anti models — people you don't want to resemble when you grow up.” – Nassim Taleb
26. “If you have trouble imagining a 20% loss in the stock market, you shouldn’t be in stocks.” – John Bogle
Quotes by Warren Buffett on Investment: The simple formula of investment is that it takes money to make money. Warren Buffet is one of the greatest investors, business tycoons and financial predictors of his time. Being the world's fourth wealthiest person, his words are considered golden rules in the investment world.
27. “It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price.” — Warren Buffett
28. “The best thing that happens to us is when a great company gets into temporary trouble...We want to buy them when they're on the operating table.” — Warren Buffett
29. “Every decade or so, dark clouds will fill the economic skies, and they will briefly rain gold.” — Warren Buffett
30. “Opportunities come infrequently. When it rains gold, put out the bucket, not the thimble.” — Warren Buffett
31. “Only when the tide goes out do you discover who’s been swimming naked.” – Warren Buffett
32. “In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield.”– Warren Buffett
Quotes on starting investing: Some wise words to follow before you start your investment journey are mentioned below in these investment quotes. As Thomas Edison said, “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
33. “The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator.” – Ben Graham
34. “Investing is the intersection of economics and psychology.” – Seth Klarman
35. “Every time we make an investment decision at FedEx, we ask ourselves: ‘What is the return on this investment?’”– Frederick W. Smith
36. “All intelligent investing is value investing — acquiring more that you are paying for. You must value the business in order to value the stock.”– Charlie Munger
37. “There are no good or bad stocks. The company is either good or bad. Stocks are just stocks.”– Kenneth L. Fisher
38. “Know what you own, and know why you own it.” – Peter Lynch
39. “A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.”– Henry Ford
40. “In business, I look for economic castles protected by unbreachable ‘moats’.” – Warren Buffett
41. “Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1.” – Warren Buffet
Quotes on making investment decisions: Investing can be very confusing. Different investors use different frameworks. What one really needs to figure out is – what framework works – eventually, every investor comes up with a philosophy.
42. “Opportunities come infrequently. When it rains gold, put out the bucket, not the thimble.” – Warren Buffett
43. “If you aren’t thinking about owning a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes.” – Warren Buffett
44. “Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing.”– Warren Buffett
45. “Don’t look for the needle in the haystack. Just buy the haystack!”– John C. Bogle
46. “Be selective in your battles…”– Brandi L. Bates
47. “Based on my own personal experience – both as an investor in recent years and an expert witness in years past – rarely do more than three or four variables really count. Everything else is noise. “ – Martin Whitman
48.“Everyone has the brainpower to make money in stocks. Not everyone has the stomach. If you are susceptible to selling everything in a panic, you ought to avoid stocks and mutual funds altogether.” – Peter Lynch
49.“Never invest in a business you cannot understand.”– Warren Buffett
Quotes from successful investors: It’s good to learn through the investors and take their guidance, but copying them is nowhere good. Find a balance. Successful investors always maintain a fine balance between optimism and pessimism.
50. “You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” – Benjamin Graham
51. “In the short run, the market is a voting machine, but in the long run it is a weighing machine.”– Benjamin Graham
52. “Many companies get trapped by the paradox of hitting numbers ‘now’ versus improving sales for future quarters or years ahead.” – Tiffani Bova
53. “You’re neither right nor wrong because other people agree with you. You’re right because your facts are right and your reasoning is right-and that’s the only thing that makes you right.” – Warren Buffet
Investing can be a tedious task many times, be it an investment of time or money. So, these famous investment quotes can guide us throughout. One habit that is common in all the successful investors of all the times is reading. Do you know why? Because to read is to go through a million other aspects of anything.
Reading these investment quotes by famous businessmen will save you a lot of time along with your mind before you invest in anything. These investment quotes can inspire, motivate us only when we really want to learn from them. So, dear readers, never stop reading and be a learner throughout, success will itself find its way.
- 51 Warren Buffett Quotes on Investing, Business And Success
- 30 Quotes by Elon Musk To Get Motivated and Enlighten Your Life
- 21 Barbara Corcoran Quotes That Dictate Rude Rules For Businesses
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events